SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CD i recommend

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

CD i recommend

I want to recommend a CD. Its by Cory Asbury/Matt Gilman called Holy. Please comment if you know of this CD/group/artist

Thanks and blessings

2012/8/6 20:53
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re: CD i recommend

It's great! I love it as do my wife and many of our friends. One of our former staff members knew them quiet well and said their personal lives are ones of total dedication to Christ as well as being able to produce music that ushers people into God's presence.

While I, and many folks I know, love their music I suspect you may find a bit more chilly reception to them on the forum here overall.

The reasons will likely be lame and from people that have actually never heard their music and know nothing of them personally. However, that certainly not will stop the opinions from flowing!

Their music is excellent. As you have found it is just seems to flow from the heart and throne of God.

Thanks for referring it! It will bless any who listen with an open heart!

2012/8/6 21:01Profile

Re:

That's great to hear about them personally. Its a great CD. I love to listen to it straight through. Praise the Lord

Bless you Solomon101

2012/8/6 21:15
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Just so you know brothers there are over 1000 free hymns and worship songs on SermonIndex.net to download. I know some on here have not bought CDS in years and have rather used that money for missions or for the Gospel in some way and have just downloaded and used the songs on SermonIndex here.

~ Godly Music (1272)
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=168

Either way they can be a great supplement and resource.

2012/8/6 21:44Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Solomon101 wrote:

Quote:
While I, and many folks I know, love their music I suspect you may find a bit more chilly reception to them on the forum here overall.

The reasons will likely be lame and from people that have actually never heard their music and know nothing of them personally. However, that certainly not will stop the opinions from flowing!

Hopefully that doesn't characterize most here. We shouldn't speak about things we don't know about. I don't know a thing about this CD. Just keep in mind certain types of music get a "chilly reception" because all music has associations. Some people don't find that certain types of music correlate with the working of the Holy Spirit in them. But if the lives of the musicians, the foundation source of their musical style, and the lyrics are good and godly, by all means the music produced will be edifying.

2012/8/6 22:10Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Greg,

That is such a great thing you have made available to people. I think we probably tend to forget it because the emphasis is at SI is primarily on the sermons.... which I enjoy greatly.

Thanks for making the music available as well. You also bring up a great point about costs.

You have made much available for free here on SI. Spotify is another site/application I use a lot that is free. When I saw your post I went there and found the music we were discussing by Matt and Cory. Their music is on Spotify and all music there is free as well.

There is so much high quality Christian music available for free that it is not necessary to spend your money to obtain great songs. This of course opens it up for use in other areas that can bless people.

Blessings!

2012/8/6 22:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

And as mentioned some Christian music artists are truly building God's kingdom with their music and life and are worthy to be supported so we should not hesitate to do that also.

2012/8/6 22:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy