SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Assist w/ Downloads?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Baldy1957MAP

Collin County, Texas.

Assist w/ Downloads?

I'm a fairly new user, and somewhat electronically challenged. I have a computer at work, using Windows 98, and Windows Media player. My boss has given me permission to download to a Zip Drive, but I can't download programs. When I download sermons, it needs to go to Zip drive for him to copy at a later time for me. When I attempt this, must I listen to the entire sermon while it downloads, and is there
a way to download several at once to expedite the process? I'm hoping to have a wealth of material on CD when on vacation in 2 weeks. Thanks for any help anyone can give. 8-)

2005/2/19 6:04Profile
Spitfire

Re: Assist w/ Downloads?

I'm certainly no expert on this subject, but here's what I do. Right click on the sermon you want, then click on 'save target as'. This will allow you to download without listening and to save several at once, but that takes longer because it slows down the download process. For me, I've found it is better just to download one at a time unless I'm not in a hurry. Enjoy your trip! Love, Dian.

2005/2/19 7:48Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

The amount of sermons that you are able to download is also dependant on your connection to the net. analog, digital etc. From my experience most sermons on here are not zipped so...I do not know actually, I'm also technically challenged. :knockedout:

When we had an ananlog line, the fastest we could get was 4-5k a second. Now with some files being 40 megs, you can imagine that taking a long time. :roll:

What you could do is use a download manager and choose the seven our eight sermons and put them in the que and forget about it for the night. Hopefully the download manager will do the job for you, try this: http://www.leechget.net/en/
Apparently this is the best one.
God bless

2005/2/19 8:23Profile
jeremyhulsey

you can also "right-click" and choose the "save-as" option to save it to a folder. You won't have to listen while it downloads and you can also name the file which makes it easier to identify later on. From there you can transfer it to a zip file.

2005/2/19 10:41Profile
Baldy1957MAP

Collin County, Texas.

I want to thank those who responded to my request for assistance. I've successfully downloaded several messages already, and hope to have a bunch for our trip.

This group and the website in general have proven to be a blessing to me. I work the midnight shift in security, so have plenty of time on my hands. I spend some quality time here, to say the least. I used to spend hours surfing conservative news sites, but then a brother mentioned Sermonindex, and I got hooked.

God bless all of you!!
Mike :-)

2005/2/20 1:54Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hey Mike,

This is great to hear. This site has been an extreme blessing to me also since I found it. In two months, almost to the day, I'll have been a member for two years and I'm still downloading sermons that I haven't listened to yet that bless and convict me!

I hope you're continually blessed by this site.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/20 14:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy