SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Charlotte714 - Citywide Prayer Meeting Before DNC

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Charlotte714 - Citywide Prayer Meeting Before DNC

Hello everybody,

There is small movement in Charlotte North Carolina gaining some traction, and I thought I'd share it with you all, especially for those brothers and sisters who might live in the greater Charltote, North Carolina area.

As you may know, the Democrat National Convention is being held in Charlotte, NC this year, in the first week of September. Some of the issues that the DNC is promoting this year is decidedly anti-Christian. Some local leaders in the churches in this area have decided to call for a day of humbling ourselves before God, repenting of our sins, and praying for revival. This is to be done on the eve of the convention, at a large outdoor amphitheater. There will be some music and preaching done at the event, but, it will largely be a gathering for the purposes of prayer and fasting.

It should be noted that this event isn't a reaction to the DNC being held in Charlotte this year. The organizers behind this said if the RNC was gathering in Charlotte, they would have organized this event too. The leaders of this event met with a few hundred of the pastors/elders/teachers/leaders of our church tonight to share their heart with us. These guys have a very good spirit about them.

If you would like to gather with us, I would encourage you to do so on Sunday, September 2nd. The doors officially open at 2 pm, but, people will begin gathering for prayer in the parking lot at 8 am.

If you interested in more details, please check out http://www.charlotte714.com

God bless,

Jimmy

2012/8/5 20:48Profile

Re: Charlotte714 - Citywide Prayer Meeting Before DNC

Hey Jimmy. Are there any Churches that are tightly involved?

Been praying for Revival in Charlotte since 1999. I think it would be WONDERFUL if All of those Born-Again Churches would unite, once and for all and Regularly to pray together for revival and unity toward that end for Charlotte. Got a bottle full of tears for that city over these years and if you can report on what goes on from there - I sure would appreciate it very much.

I've been to a few of the big churches there - Loren Livingston's and another CoG and the big Baptist one where they hold a lot of concerts. I can't think of the name of it but the street name is the same. It's been almost 3 yrs since I moved.

Oh yeah, I'll be praying with you all from up here - in spirit.

Thanks for announcing this.

Just be careful though, because the security in town that week will be on over-drive.

Blessings to all the Saints down yonder, in Jesus!

2012/8/5 21:53
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

My church, Grace Covenant, is officially involved. So are several other large churches, like Hickory Grove First Baptist. Some, however, are not wanting to get officially involved because they think it might be too "political" to do so. I'm not sure who all is involved. I think the leaders tonight said they have about 30 or 40 churches on board? But I'm not sure if I remember that correctly.

2012/8/5 22:01Profile

Re:

Seems that we can't get away from this word "political" of late. The accusations run both ways. Either we're 'too political' or 'not political enough'. What a mess. Sure will be glad when His Kingdom comes.
I guess, asking all of those 1000 or so churches to come together for one Christ-minded cause is hoping for too much.

BTW - do you know that main man that is on all of those videos on their website? I saw one small link to IHOP on one page - but not sure how it's connected in anyway.

It's just a bit discouraging that we're all hung up on 'topics' when the climate is such, that we'll be blessed if we have another year together to speak freely ... and that one day we'll wish we had dropped the petty stuff and had come together to pray and hit the streets, our work places, our neighbors with only one message. Just be 'Light' in our own cities or towns. The potential in Charlotte is mind-boggling ... but - what will it take?

Thank you for bringing this here so maybe we can pray that they'll get a feel for the days we're headed into and finally come together before they can't.

Blessings!

2012/8/7 21:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy