SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SI members ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

SI members ...

Greetings
I began collecting quotes from others here on SI sometime ago. They were just thoughts that others shared in their post that really touched my heart at one time. From time to time I go and reread over some of these quotes and am blessed. GOD has used so many here over the years to help me grow and point me toward JESUS, I am grateful for that.
I just thought I would share a few here, some are take from years ago, some were collected last week :)
The first quote asks a question and I think the answer is the one topic we will always agree on!!
God bless
maryjane

what kingdom do we belong to, and who is our king? (pastorfrin)

I know that He wants us to seek Him for who He is (i.e. seek His face), rather than He can do for us (i.e. seek His hand). Praise God for that conviction that comes through the Holy Spirit. (death2self )

i recognize brothers and sisters in christ by their scars because it is these very scars that i have on me and they remind me of how much the lord loves me that he counts me worthy of being corrected when i have something in my heart that offends him. (crusader )

All hard times are is God's way of teaching us and steeling us to the realities of His Mercy. (Neil)

I would say when the feelings of regret try to overtake you, take that as an opportunity to spend time renewing your mind from the word of God about what has happened to you when you were born again, and spend time praising God for what He has done in delivering you from the past. (twayneb )

But the higher and more profound aspect of forgiveness. Not any forgiveness, not a forgiveness that holds it's victim in the chains of bitterness and resentment, the forgiving but not forgetting, but the absolution, the clearing of debt, the forgiveness of the heart, now and forever. The same freedom and forgiveness that has been granted to us by the Lord, that amazing grace that is not a platitude but an overwhelming wonder ... (crsschk )

May we not have the same sad testimony as Esau. That of being 'a slave to foolish, wasteful, pathetic self-centredness.'May our life, our time, our breath, which are all God given, be used for God's glory and honour.(enid)

Some are called to act, others are called to submit. All are called to obey the Lord. Someone's obedience may be different then your obedience. (Miccah )

Soon there will come a day when we will no longer be free to preach the blood of the Lamb,
the work of the cross, the judgment to come, the fate of sinners. It will be considered a "hate speech" and a crime. Soon there will come a day when our allegiances and loyalties will be put to the test. Are
you ready to be despised, hated, persecuted because you honor, follow and serve Christ?? Soon is coming the Day when the Body of Christ will need each other more than ever before. WE need to encourage, inspire, help one another to fight and stand for the LORD is coming very soon(sojourner7)

Obedience is not legalism. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Here is a question for you: Was Jesus' obedience to His Father a product of love or legalism? (Pilgrim777)

But He is teaching me more and more each day about the how glorious the "quiet time" can be. When I consider that there is a living Person in heaven who thinks of me every day and desires to reveal Himself, it stirs my heart. (InTheLight )

The believer must decide that he will voluntarily humble himself before God in order to receive the daily grace to put to death the lusts of the flesh (Matthew 5:29; Romans 13:14; Colossians 3:5). God will not make that decision for him. The believer can choose to let his mind wander down paths of vanity, or he can choose to mortify the vain impressions through the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ and thus taste of New Covenant liberation. The gaze by which he looks unto Christ is always deliberate (John 8:32, 36; II Corinthians 3:17). (Paul West)

In order for a shadow to go before you then the sun must be at your back. If the Son is at your back then you must be walking away from the Lord, for when the Son is ever before us then the shadows lie behind us.
To turn away from the Son, to even turn around and look is to see the shadow of what went before. In Christ, walking towards Him, ever closer as we walk this life, we leave the darkness behind us. (appolus)

A believer who started out by faith and ended up in works has lost his righteous standing before God. He will need to forsake his works of salvation and go back to simple trusting in the Lord that bought him to obtain his right standing before God. (Approved)

Mental assent of the Word will not change us, but the intimate knowledge and fellowship with the Lord will transform us from glory to glory to be more like the Lord. (AbideinHim )

Worship, prayer is to come from the heart. It is to be given freely, entered into it freely. It involves my heart, mind, worship and love. No buying or selling. None. Jesus wants to preserve that sanctuary in our heart for Him alone - no buying or selling. Jesus cannot be bought or sold. His presence cannot be bought or sold. Clear the dross out that hinders this worship! (ginnyrose)

Consider this: As we grow stronger in trusting faith we will likely have less regrets over our actions – whatever they may be.
Meanwhile a preoccupation with hypothetical situations may rob us of the mental space and time needed to build our faith. (roadsign )

But when our focus is anything else (self, sin, works, performance, men, etc, etc) but Jesus Christ (who is able to lead you and speak to you the things that you need to hear) then you've already left the narrow road. (pilgrim777)

We are to do nothing on our own but always depending on the guidance of the Holy Spirit as we make the “Word of God” a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our pathway. (rbanks)

We as Christians have all had a death in the family. We all serve the same Jesus who sacrificed Himself so that we might have life. Those days of "whatever you need" after a funeral are what the early church lived, because Jesus sacrificed His body for them. (hoohoou )

...They had a Shepherd all along who'd never left them for a minute.(ADisciple )

2012/8/4 15:51Profile
MaryJane

Re: SI members ...

Greetings

I just wanted to take a moment this morning and say thank you to so many here on SI that have shared those things that GOD has placed on your heart. Many of the teachings here on this site as well as the things shared have really helped me in my walk with the LORD over the years. I have felt blessed and appreciate the opportunity having gotten to know some of you.I find myself amazed at the uniqueness of peoples that GOD has chosen to bring together and to make up HIS church. There have been occasions when I was feeling very low, or struggling through a dark storm and FATHER has led me here to find hope and encouragement. I am very thankful for that...

I pray God will bless you all mightily in the coming days, weeks, and months ahead.

God Bless and be well
mj

2012/8/6 8:50Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: SI members ...

Having read those quotes, it seems the heartbeat has changed somewhat.

Still, it was good to read them. Some people no longer visit, but, still I have good memories of them.

God bless.

2012/8/6 9:52Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

by enid on 2012/8/6 6:52:35

enid
i think you are right about how things have changed. i notice that to

rdg

2012/8/6 9:58Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

MaryJane said

Quote:
I began collecting quotes from others here on SI sometime ago . . . I just thought I would share a few here.

First, thanks for the quotations. Just another example of some of the gold and silver mining you can do here on SI. I like quotation collections and probably no one else has collected quotes from these authors, so if you have more it would be great if you would share more.

enid said
Quote:

I think the heartbeat is Greg and the moderators and those who have been here a few years. I don't think any of them have changed. Sure, as SermonIndex has gotten more exposure, you have much more variety of people dropping in, but I have been here for years and there has always been some of that. I can definitely say that there are a few encouraging and profitable threads going on right now.

Just a few personal thoughts on the forums and what you can read here. The "home page 10" of threads is the easiest place to drop in, but not the best. Open the forums page and look at the topics in each category. Like anything else, it depends specifically on what you view. Two different people on their first visit here can visit two different posts and get opposite ideas about what SI is. For those who are veterans, choose to ignore certain threads. Consider ahead of time that there are certain threads that are unprofitable, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide the time you spend here. You will find the quality of the posts increases!

2012/8/6 10:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I agree that the heartbeat of the moderators and others who have been here a few years have not changed.

What I do see is, that the heartbeat has not been captured.

2012/8/6 11:40Profile

Re:

I feel that it's up to those that 'feel' any lack in the heartbeat should be the ones to make a difference and not just let it go by with just a complaint.
Something about lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness?
We can only give out as much of Christ as we take in or acknowledge by laying ourselves aside for others.
Hearing a certain sermon last night - confirmed again that our eyes can't be on ourselves at the same time as looking to Him and serving others.
To do nothing about a lack is to do nothing at all.
Need to finish that thought - they say that evil triumphs [or whatever lack one sees triumphs] - when good men do nothing.
'You' need to be part of the solution and add His Life & Light where there is no Life nor Light --- and HE Himself is that only Life & Light. Lift HIM up and nothing nor anyone else - while there's still time to give 'Him' out.

2012/8/6 11:56
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD said

Quote:
To do nothing about a lack is to do nothing at all.

I agree, and I think the idea meant is that to speak about a lack but to not take an action is to do nothing. May all who are filled with his spirit let it flow out in our posts!

2012/8/6 12:03Profile

Re:

I had to finish my thoughts in my 'eta' and did so before you posted, Koheleth.

'Thank you' for seeing the solution!

2012/8/6 12:09
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

A Real, Live, "Lady"!

(Awestruck)!

Shucks, Gee, and Golly!

You collected the thoughts of others?!? AND then displayed them in a beautiful patchwork quilt of the truth we glean from God's Word?!?

What an appropriate response to the recent public rebuke SI has unfairly received. Huh! I pray for such a gift of listening.

MaryJane! You delivered my first smile to me today.

Thank You!

Thank YOU SI saints! You are becoming the most beloved strangers I have ever known!

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/6 12:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy