SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : What are you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

This is such a funny thread.

You know, saints...when we all communicate, it sometimes feels like I am having fellowship with one Body. Really, it does.

You all are like different angles and curves of one beautiful Body. Please do not take any sentiment from this. This is what can be so amazing about this SI (and I'm not easily amazed, either). We all have so much in common, it is incredible!

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/10 20:24Profile

Re:

Amen, KP!

Jesus loves the little children,
All us children in this world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
We are precious in His Sight.
Jesus loves His little Children in this world.

( Not of it - just in it :o)

2012/8/10 21:55
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: What are you?

I'm a newbie here.....and Yes, it is a bit disappointing when I find one's profile is completely empty.....especially when you like something they have written and want to respond to someone who is presenting themselves as a real person.

But I understand why a lot of people try to remain private on the Net. I will never be a part of Facebook and I shutter to think of how many Ch'tn friends I have who just tell ALL on FB.....no boundaries or wisdom operating there. I think a huge portion of these Ch'tn baby boomers and younger people are terribly naive. I hope they don't have to suffer repercussions down the road for their having divulged too much.

As for one non-Ch'tn forum I visit for the wide variety of news items, I also will never ever become a member there. I can tell there are a few real Ch'tns on that site and I would enjoy meeting them via cyberspace, but they also have to put up with being trashed continually by non-Ch'tns. I guess they have tougher skin than I do.

I am female and my profile tells you the things that are presently important to me. I will not be sharing info that is best kept to myself...but I plan on having some good fellowship with many of you and want to know who you are. You will also be able to know who I am if you're interested.

Blessings to all of you....from a "boomer" who resents getting older in the worst way...ha.

dottiejean

2012/8/17 22:12Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I just wanted to bring this back up, as I think it is important that we have some visability of each other when we are discussing on the forum. At the very least we should know if you are male or female and the rough location you live. If the logon name makes it clear like mine (Dave = male) great, but otherwise how about adding gender to the profile as a must or signing a name at the bottom as many do.

2013/2/9 13:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

My name is Todd- middle aged- happily married; 4 grown children. 3 grandkids (one more on the way) that call me Papa T. I would have preferred to use "TK" as a username here but it was taken so i had to settle for TMK.

some randoms:

1. I would rather write than talk.
2. I wish I was better at math. If so, I probably would have tried to be an astronaut.
3. I regret not playing college baseball and HS football.
4. The older I get, the more artistic I get.
5. I don't mind vacuming the house- in fact I kind of like it. What I can't stand is wrapping the cord back up and putting the vacum back where it belongs.
6. I have only had one really bad nightmare many years ago.
7. I try to self-diagnose physical problems using the internet and then I freak out because I think I have some dreaded condition. Hasn’t turned out that way yet, though.
8. Guilty pleasure: I have read (or listened to) all the “Cat Who…” books by Lillian Jackson Braun(except the last couple that stink and weren’t really written by her anyway). I am somewhat ashamed to admit this.
9. When people I care about get sick, I get angry. Sometimes I even yell at them. I am still self-psychoanalyzing this quirk.
10. My brother and sister say that I used to torment them when we were younger. I didn’t torment; I just exploited their weaknesses.
11. The worst I ever got it from my dad was when I screamed at my mom for not having my baseball uniform washed. I didn’t realize dad had gotten home early. He came around the corner and doom was pronounced. And no, it wasn’t Buoy or Lifeboy or Palmolive soap, it was the dreaded Board of Education.
12. When I was about 4, we lived in the country and I was playing Zorro wearing my mom’s long leather boots. I was a ways from the house and my foot went down a deep hole to my hip and I couldn’t get out. I began screaming for my mom and she ran down the long lane in only her slip to pull me out. Her hair may have been in curlers too.
13. I am currently reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy (everyone keeps saying it is the best novel ever written so i thought i would give it a shot). On page 260 of about 760 but i am in it for the long haul.
14. No matter how many times my wife tells me not to bother her when she is cooking, I simply have to bother her. At least two suggestions from me are mandatory.

Theology sub-items:
15. I am an old-earth creationist (75% convinced). I am not dogmatic about it.
16. I had an experience with God several years ago at a youth seminar in Ripley, WV and the fire has not gone out since. The website www.fireonthealtar.com had a lot to do with this personal revival. I found this website (sermonindex) later.
17. After much study and debate, I no longer believe that hell is a place of conscious eternal torment (70% convinced). I am not dogmatic about it.
18. I no longer believe in the dispensational view of the end times (i.e. the view portrayed in the “Left behind” books). I am not dogmatic about it.

2013/2/9 14:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

TMK, I feel compelled to respond...

About:

#1: Really?

4. I am experiencing the same - did not expect it 20 years ago. I just thought I was a strange person...maybe life's experience has taught one to think outside the box with no serious fears of consequences.

5. I don't like to wrap up the cord, either, and I am a woman!

7. We work at self-diagnosis as well - have saved ourselves a lot of money in doing so. And besides all of our doctors have either died or retired and the young do not know much...

10. I used to get mad at my sister - she was just stubborn - nothing wrong with me, you know. There was five years difference between us...once I heard my aunt tell my mom how her girls fight so much. Not having a sibling old to fight with I told mom I think that sounds like fun! Had plenty of experience since then! Oh, mom and dad did not think it was funny...

15. Maybe when you get old enough you will believe in a young earth...once you mature?

17. I want to believe like this, too, but I find the evidence too compelling otherwise to do so.

18. I find the "Left Behind" books B.O.R.I.N.G... My favorite fiction book is "Home for Christmas" by L.C. Douglas. Otherwise they tend to be children's books, so go figure - maybe I am not as old as my birth certificate says...

God bless - fun post, BTW, TMK.

ginnyrose

2013/2/9 16:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

GR wrote:

"15. Maybe when you get old enough you will believe in a young earth...once you mature?"

Anything is possible!! The other day I was reading about a quaking aspen that they estimate is 80,000 years old, which, if true of course, poses some problems for YEC.

17. keep researching!

2013/2/9 16:30Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Maybe their testing apparatus is faulty... My tools do not always work properly - gives me fits sometimes. Like yesterday. I was embroidering something when my needle hit the bobbin case - would not run without doing so. I turned off the machine, restarted it, took the plate off, removed the embroidery unit, the bobbin, everything I could think of. Put it back together and it worked - have no idea why or what I fixed but it works. Vexing. Maybe their machinery works like that, too, but they do not know it. But will not lose any sleep over it...

2013/2/9 17:12Profile
onemite

Re:

This is a fun thread.

Ginnyrose- your description of how you got your embroidery machine to work made me laugh! That's usually what I do to get my computer and printer working. :)

I have been called brother, when I am in fact a sister.

I haven't posted too many times here. I think I have probably posted mostly when I was feeling discouraged.
There were also times that I was challenged and found myself in a discussion too great for me to think through, so I opted out.

I would love to change my name if I only knew how! Is that acceptable?
I don't want to be an all lowercase onemite. My identity as a daughter of the Lord deserves the dignity of capitalization!

I also think that the Profile section would be more interesting if people used it more often, but I understand why some do not, as I have left it blank on purpose.
Perhaps, in some future time I will be more at liberty to leave more information about myself on the web, but for now I will have to leave it blank.

2013/10/4 4:01Profile

Re:

Does this thread really matter? So many good posters have been banned and now have no name. This thread is a case in point. I'm reading about people and then see they have no name (handle).

2013/10/4 9:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy