Discussion Forum : General Topics : Olympics and Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Koheleth wrote:

"If you mean we are not in full time ministry, I agree. But if you mean that Christians are not doing God's will when they go to work, then are we just serving ourselves? Why did Paul instruct the believers to work?"

I certainly agree that we should be in the job where God wants us to be. And I agree with your earlier post where you say that we SHOULD be able to see how our job is bringing glory to God, either in the way he work with diligence or the way we deal with people, or whatever.

But I am just being honest when I say that I don't doubt that a lot of Christians may struggle with how their occupation brings glory to God, me included. Oh, I can come up with reasons how it does, etc like the things you mentioned, but still sometimes it is difficult to see.

I find that when I actively start my day by asking the Lord to stand by me and fill my heart and mind during my day at work, this is much easier. And those days when I don't do this, well, shame on me.

2012/8/7 17:21Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

It is easier to be thankful when one places gold around your neck and you are lauded by millions as the best but the one who places in the back of the pack and still gives glory to the Lord, that is an interview worth hearing.

2012/8/7 19:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

true indeed lylewise.

2012/8/7 22:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy