Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Atheism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
dvndsn

Kentucky

New Atheism

A movement called "New Atheism" is rising up in America. This type of Atheism seems to be more belittling to Christianity. Not only do members oppose beliefs in God, they openly speak out against it and will argue with individuals. Many have taken to "Blasphemy Day", held on September 30th where individuals and groups will openly criticize religion.

Brothers and sisters, my heart breaks at this discovery. I believe that this type of thinking, maybe not so much this organization, but this type of thinking is where the persecution in America will come from. The other thread with Paul Washer's message is accurate as well. He has played a quite large shepherding role in my life.

The only thing I know to do is pray and look to Scripture. The United States is becoming exceedingly difficult to be a Christian in, even with the freedom of religion and speech. Such persecution of today is modernistic, so it will take some time to have perseverance. Take heart, O Christian, God is with you!

2012/8/1 18:29Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: New Atheism

Never quite heard of that name but I am aware of a number of people who were heavily involved in church, so they say, and are passionate atheists and are leading a line of people into atheism and out of the church. They are using the fleshly tactics which are used in church to show that the church is a joke and God is a myth as a result. I understand where they are coming from for I was nearly there myself at one point in time and struggle at times still.

The best you can do is not hate them but be kind to them. If you engage in conversation just ask questions and poke into their hearts. The moment you begin getting in their face you then lose any quality conversation and they show you to be the religious zealot they think you are.

Be discerning, be wise as serpent and harmless as doves.

John

2012/8/1 18:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: New Atheism

This movement is growing greatly and is tied into marxism (communism) and also into darwnism (evolutionary theory). Evolution is just not a new belief as an option for 6 day creation. It is a communistic atheistic ideal that the early communism used greatly to promote their ideals.

They are using it now as a decronstructor of religious and especially Christian belief. After that takes place they will then again use the more Marxist method of using force, revolution and military control to get control of countries.

But they have learnt the first step is the minds of men and evolution has been one of their most successful tools. It is a shame for any christian to believe these things. There is nothing Christian or in the end scientific in it. The origin of species is essentially a revolt against God as creator and was rejected by modern science in its day.

2012/8/1 18:38Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Link to Albert Mohler's part one of a four part lecture on "The New Atheism" at Dallas Theological Seminary from February 2008.

The New Atheism: The Attack on Theism

http://www.dts.edu/media/play/the-new-atheism-and-the-assault-on-theism-r-albert-mohler-jr/

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/1 18:52Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Part II of the "The New Atheism: The Defense of Theism"

The New Atheism: The Defense of Theism

http://www.dts.edu/media/play/the-new-atheism-and-the-defense-of-theism-r-albert-mohler-jr/

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/1 18:56Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re: Part III of the "The New Atheism: The The Endgame of Secularism"

Part III of IV on "New Atheism"

http://www.dts.edu/media/play/the-new-atheism-and-the-endgame-of-secularism-r-albert-mohler-jr/

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/1 18:58Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Part IV on "The New Atheism: The Future of Christianity"

Part IV: The New Atheism: The Future of Christianity

http://www.dts.edu/media/play/the-new-atheism-and-the-future-of-christianity-r-albert-mohler-jr/

Hope you'll find the time to enjoy these masterpieces which accurately summarize the future of metamodern theism.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/1 19:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Part IV on "The New Atheism: The Future of Christianity"

Romans 1 is the chapter about Athiesm in the Bible. There really is no atheist for all men know there is a God they just suppress that knowledge.

2012/8/1 19:06Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Have you read Richard Dawkin's "God Delusion"? A book which deifies science and reduces faith to that of a mere psychotropic emotion which he calls "memes".

This man is a world-reknowned scholar who holds chairs at Oxford in the Dept. of public understanding in science at Oxford and other major Ivy Leagues.

He is an atheist with a mission. He believes that parents should suffer civil penalty for teaching their children that God exists. He writes that it is a form of psychological child abuse.

Christopher Hitchens just recently died of cancer and proclaimed atheism even unto his last breath! He received the "Atheist Alliance of America Award" right before his death and the award was presented by "Richard Dawkins".

There are are two more highly influential movers and shakers of the "New Atheism" movement who would have no problem dipping their hands in martyred blood when persecution reaches its zenith.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/1 19:31Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re:

That is a great reminder for many brother! Romans 1 is good. As for the lectures, those are officially on my list of "To-listen-to's". I am going to SBTS next Fall, so I try to stay on top of articles Mohler publishes.

2012/8/1 19:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy