SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : cage on the mind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: lol @ bubba

Quote:
Just don't try to sell me a boat with two or seven of every creature floating for months on an earth entirely covered with water. Noah's Ark is a very important STORY because of what it teaches us about God's relationship with mankind.

you gotta be kidding...tell yur just messing about.

between you and this demonic filth you spread like cow manure and Jeremy Hulsey with his "God is forever angry with us", man....now I understand why guys wanna go out from Jerusalem and get into the wilderness and hear the voice of God, instead of the inane confused prattle and clamor of men.

maybe its time to take a fast from this forum.

2005/2/22 1:57

Re: you topped it Bubba

Quote:
By insisting on the Bible’s literal, infallible truth these people corrupt the truth of Jesus’ love. They make it inaccessible to thinking people! They ask others to put a cage on their minds

here's what I think Bubba....IF the powers that be, at this forum, ban you, banish you, or in any way, forbid you to post, then they are cowards, and without wisdom.

Because its evident that you are LOST and crying out for mercy, and that we have to love and pray you BACK into the Kingdom.

You're like that naked Gadarene demoniac just BEGGING for help, you must have fifty demons in you...listen to me brother.,....just say YES to Jesus, quit yur foolishness.

I'm praying for you as I type this, you know that the Holy Ghost is speaking to you.....reincarnation?

whats next? tarot cards?

repent and seek God before its too late.

wake up.

In the Name of Jesus I bind up every demon inside Jake/Bubbaguy and in His Name I order them to BE GONE!! in His Name the Name of Jesus, amen.

2005/2/22 2:08

Re:

here's the deal

evolution is a reality that is happening right before our eyes. microbiology - gene swapping happening all the time and new critters are born. it is the engine that drives evolution

there's so much evidence for evolution -- dinosaur bones, ancient rock formations with primitive life forms clearly embedded, progressive transition in complexity throughout the fossil record -- it is complete folly to dismiss it.

it's like saying 'mathmatics doesn't add up so don't believe it.'

but I won't though out the baby with the bath water

because evolution is real does not mean there aren't very valuable lessons to be learned from the bible

the bible is a good guide, but it doesn't answer all questions. Moreover, God gave us intelligence and reasoning for a purpose and it would be a sin not to employ these good resources that God has given us.

bub

ps Neilgin1, they're gone now, thanks! ;-)

2005/2/22 10:30

Re:

Quote:
Where did you learn of the "truth of Jesus' love"? Was it not in the Bible? How can you dismiss the Bible truth the same sentance that you talk about the truth of Jesus' love for us?

Amen... we know [b]nothing[/b] of Jesus apart from the Bible.

Krispy

2005/2/22 10:38

Re:

Quote:
Moreover, God gave us intelligence and reasoning for a purpose and it would be a sin not to employ these good resources that God has given us.

Proverb:21:30: There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD. [i](In other words, Bubba... if your wisdom & knowledge is contrary to God's Word... it is not wisdom & knowledge, but foolishness... not my words, the BIBLE's!)[/i]

Proverb:1:7: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverb:9:10: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverb:2:6: For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Proverb:3:19: The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

1Co:1:18: For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co:1:21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co:1:23: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co:1:25: Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co:2:14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co:3:19: For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

2005/2/22 11:10
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re: cage on the mind

What an interesting perspective.

One of the main reasons I reject the notion of mixing evolution and scripture is because there was no death in the world until Adam sinned.

Think it through for a second...

I recall in high school, being taught about our taste buds. Back then it was commonly thought that you had four taste buds on your tongue - the one on the tip of your tongue was for sweets, the one in the middle for sour, the sides were for salty tastes and the back of your tongue for bitter tastes.

It was taught in all the schools.

Like everyone else, I noticed that the tip of my tongue was not limited to tasting sweets - but that I could taste saltiness, bitterness, or sour things also with the tip of my tongue. I asked my chemistry instructor about it, and he brushed it off saying that my mind was expecting to taste such and such, so I was tasting it thus - or something equally as scientific sounding. He was so certain that the text books were right that he was willing to ignore the plain and obvious truth.

It turns out, that the science that was being taught regarding the taste buds came from an improperly translated German study. The German study reported that the tip of the tongue was more sensitive to sweet tastes than the other tastes, but not that it couldn't taste them - likewise with the other three identified taste buds (we know now that there are actually more than 10,000 taste buds - but that isn't the point).

For twenty five years North American schools taught that there were four taste buds and that each was only capable of tasting one of four things sweet, sour, salty, or bitter. You will still find people who believe it too - since it was 'common knowledge'.

I bring this up by way of introduction. It is a vivid example of how popular opinion can powerfully influence the common perception of truth - even when emperical and experiential evidence point to the contrary.

Evolution is no longer the respected theory it once was, and in the more sophisticated sciences, evolution is no longer a viable theory - having demonstrated itself as being an impossible presumption based on the evidence. It may be another 25 years or so before that bleeds into the classroom - yet that is neither here not there. The point isn't to demonstrate how foolish evolution is - science has already done so (you really ought to do some research) - the point is to demonstrate that evolution and scripture are incompatible.

In the historical account of Adam and Eve, we see that until Adam sinned, the sentence of death had not been given. God cursed the world and man because of Adam's sin.

Even if you take Adam and Eve as an historical allegory (which I might add would be foolish - since Adam is referred to as an historical figure in the NT) you would not be able to reconcile the idea that things were dying and evolving long before the penalty of death was given.

Sadly, the only way to combine evolution and the bible - is to set yourself up as worthy and capable of navigating between truth and error - and doing so in absolute subjectivity - that is, whimsically.

I am sure you will appreciate how your position stands to the objective observer - that is, a fanciful whim slapped together according to your own personal subjective idea of what truth is, based loosely on the passing fancy we know as evolution, and tied together with hope and good will - never the less, in contradition to the latest scientific observation, in contradiction to reason, and in contradiction to scripture.

I appreciate and respect that you believe you have the truth - but I hope you will forgive us for not embracing your hope - since it is plainly built on the sandy ground of self.

Dan
<

2005/2/22 11:10Profile

Re:

Quote:
One of the main reasons I reject the notion of mixing evolution and scripture is because there was no death in the world until Adam sinned.

Yea, but Bubbaguy rejects that there was a real Adam, or garden... therefore, he cant possibly believe in the fall, sin, and death as punishment. Yet he claims Jesus as his Savior. I dont understand why... if there was no Adam, there was no sin, if there was no sin there was no death... thus, no need for a Savior

Krispy

2005/2/22 11:23

Re:

you will never convince me that there's no gravity

even though it cannot be detected

its just a lousy theory

angels hold everything down

holding the position that all of the Bible is literally true, or that none of it is, is a dangerous position, and it is dangerous to preach it, as well

don't force people to chose between God's love and science

bub

2005/2/22 11:29

Re:

clearly there is sin in the world

it began in Adam's time (afarensis)

http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/australopithecusafarensis.htm

In order to deny evolution, you have to make up lies to explain things like this:

http://www.modernhumanorigins.com/laetolifoot.html

3.5 million year old footprints? clearly human?

2005/2/22 11:34
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Jake,

It's not us who are forcing people to choose between the Bible and science, it is you. And it's not science, but YOUR version of science that you make people choose between. The Bible is ok until it comes against your belief, then you set yourself in the position of judge and choose which you'll believe.

The Bible has remained the same, science is a constantly changing field of observation, a perfect example of placing your faith on shifting sand.

edit: Here is a link to an excellent site to read: [url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/]Answers In Genesis[/url]

2005/2/22 11:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy