SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : cage on the mind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: cage on the mind

You know it seems to me (I may be wrong and if so PLEASE correct me on this)Bubbaguy that you are constantly trying to stir up some mess on one part of the forum or another. attempting to vex our spirits by your foolishness. You know the truth, and yet you try ever so hard to discredit it. In Hebrews says that the bible is sharper than ANY two-edged sword, which cuts and separates joints from marrow, soul and spirit and even discerns the deepest intents of the hearts of men. You heart is not set on God your heart is set on dicrediting Him which is what the enemy is trying to do. The enemy is upon you and using you to spew his venom to poison some of the believers. If you do not realize this and adress it accordingly it will cost you your soul and that is the bottom line. it's up to you Bub

2005/2/18 12:37Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Hello Bub,
How big is your God? It seems that your faith in him has limits. With God all things are possible including stuffing a boat full of smelly animals for about seven months.

Lets look at it this way, Science says that it is impossible for limbs to grow back for eyes to grow in sockets etc, it falls outside of the realms of human explination. Have faith in the whole bible that it is indeed true. He is the God who created the heavens and the earth, who leads out paleadies, who holds the world in the palm of his hand. He is awesome in majesty, filling the heavens and the earth, he can do anything as easy as he can do anything else. There are no limits to his working power.

1 The LORD said to Job: 2 "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!" 3 Then Job answered the LORD : 4 "I am unworthy-how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth. 5 I spoke once, but I have no answer- twice, but I will say no more." Job 40:1-5

1 Then Job replied to the LORD : 2 "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. 3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. Job 42:1-3

I pray that may not happen on judgement day, but that you may see him for who he really is now.

2005/2/18 12:42Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Well Bub, you never answered my question but that is ok. It seems to me that you have convinced yourself that you now are standing up for God. You know that what you write is in complete contridiction to what the Bible says. Many have already pointed that out to you. The phrase Jesus used when talking to the woman at the well comes to mind. "you know not what ye worship"(john 4:22) and the phrase in Ecc 5:1 "sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil". I am not going to argue with you anymore you know that your beleif system is not based on the Bible.

Jam 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jam 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jam 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jam 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Your wisdom comes from your own self, not from above. Your wisdom is earthly, sensual, and devilish. You said that you seen a vision of yourself in a former life it was earthly, sensual, and devilish. You know what the Bible says. You have a seared conscience. You will stand before God in Judgement for every word, theological belief, rejection of Truth, and relience on self which is in complete opposition to God. You have not put off the old man. You cannot let your expeirence be the grounds of your confidence. Your beleifs are full of confusion with no absolute truth, you only use biblical terms to eaze your conscience and to decieve yourself into beleiving you are reciveing this "wisdom" from God. I dust my feet off and move to a different thread.

2005/2/18 13:59Profile

Re:

"I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world." (Matt. 13:35)

"The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed upon the ground, and should sleep and rise night and day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he knows not how. The earth produces of itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."

Are Jesus' parables true? Of course they are. But are they factual? No. (The Kingdom of God is infinitely more than a man scattering seed.) They are stories told to make a point. This reflects on many of the lessons taught by God through the prophets.

God made the heavens and the earth. And set it free. Jesus is His personal messenger (God in human form) to us lowly humans.

Bub

PS. How come I get the feeling people want to put God in a box?

2005/2/18 14:03
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Jake

Quote:
you ask:
Are Jesus' parables true? Of course they are. But are they factual? No. (The Kingdom of God is infinitely more than a man scattering seed.) They are stories told to make a point. This reflects on many of the lessons taught by God through the prophets.

All you have done here is define a parable. It is a story intended to convey a point. The disciples initially were very surprised when Jesus began to speak in parables simply because usually He didn't.

Metaphors, similies and parables are not difficult to spot. But what you are doing is turning anything into a parable that does not fit with your preconceptions. You have turned almost the whole of Genesis into a parable, but it suits your ends. Your fairy-tale version of Genesis is bizarre; no scientist or bible student would give it any credibility.

There are different genres of literature in the Bible; no one disputes this. But to relegate direct revelation to a parable is to devalue truth.

Jesus believed in a literal Adam and Eve, a literal Noah, and a literal Jonah. But Jake knows better! Jake knows these are parabolic stories because a spirit tells him so. Your ultimate authority is this spirit who bears witness to your notions. The Bible is a not "a fundamental document that underpins your beliefs". The Scriptures are not a foundation to your views at all; they are mere embelishments, a useful but by now means essential illustration of the truths that you have received first hand by a spirit.

There are very few options as to the nature of this spirit; it is either a human arrogance setting itself up against the revelation of God, or it is a demon. There are no other options as far as I can see; it certainly is not that Spirit who came to bring to remembrance the deeds and words of Jesus to his disciples, thereby guaranteeing their accuracy and trustworthiness. It cannot be that Spirit because that would mean He was constantly contradicting Himself.
Your issue Jake is in reality a moral one. You want to sit in the seat of judgment. You want to have the final word of approval. You are setting yourself up as God. You will not be able to say you were not warned. You will not be the final judge of this book; this book will be your final judge.

'How is it you get the feeling that people want to put God in a box?' No doubt, that spirit told you.

2005/2/18 15:52Profile

Re:

In other words: biology, geology, physics, continental drift theory, evolutionary science, microbiology, paleontology, and all the rest of the sciences are a crock of bs

If it isn't in the bible or if it contradicts any part of the bible it is untrue.

Ron, You are excluding reality from your world and religious views.

science and religious faith do not need to be enemies. both are from God. both express aspects of God. only when they are taken together does anything make sense.

Jake

2005/2/18 16:14
jeremyhulsey

Re:

It's funny jake you stake your claim to reality on a field of thought that is in a constant state of flux.

Besides, who said that science doesn't back up the Bible's authoritative claims. There's a growing field of science that would disagree with you.

2005/2/18 17:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
science and religious faith do not need to be enemies. both are from God. both express aspects of God. only when they are taken together does anything make sense.

It is not science that I am contending with, but your erroneous views of it. It is your interpretation of biology, geology, physics, contintental drift theory, evolutionary science, microbiology, paleontology that I oppose.

2005/2/18 17:13Profile

Re:

I posted an article called "GENESIS vs. EVOLUTION" over in the lounge. It's excellent, tho I am certain that Bubba will disagree...

Krispy

2005/2/21 11:15
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re: cage on the mind

"By insisting on the Bible’s literal, infallible truth these people corrupt the truth of Jesus’ love. They make it inaccessible to thinking people! They ask others to put a cage on their minds."

Where did you learn of the "truth of Jesus' love"? Was it not in the Bible? How can you dismiss the Bible truth the same sentance that you talk about the truth of Jesus' love for us?

We have to have something to believe in, and I'm a firm believer of standards. We can't be blown to and fro with false doctrines and every new thing that presents itself. It's ludicrious to try to compromise the things of the world with the things of God. If you don't have boundries and standards for what you believe, soon you will believe anything...

Post-modernism I believe it's called. Everyone believes what they want and everyone goes to their own personal heaven as long as they stay true to themselves.

Sorry, I believe that the Bible is true, infallable, and you can say that I turn away many souls, but the fact is I would rather have a small but PURE IN HEART church rather than a huge church that is spotted, unclean, and believes whatever they want. The Bible is my standard, and it's teachings are my boundries.

-Jarrod

2005/2/21 15:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy