SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The most lost generation EVER

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: Trekker

Trekker your reply to me was excellant, I can totally relate

2012/7/31 13:16Profile
proudpapa

Re: Blayne

Hi Blayne you wrote
//Jesus did not come into the world to tell us how to live. Rather, He came into the world to give us an example of the potential of every human being.
Jesus did not come into the world to tell us about how depraved we are; nor to reveal man's sinful darkness.
Rather, He came to triumph over the darkness so that we, being "delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear".
Jesus came into the world with a wonderful secret to reveal! Not only has Jesus ransomed every ruined temple of God, He also restores the full value of the temple too. And, much more! He desires to dwell in our temple.//

Excelant thoughts!!

2012/7/31 13:18Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: The most lost generation EVER

Quote:
Trekker wrote:
i must conclude that this generation is thee most hopeless EVER.
............{deleted the middle}
I have tolerated the most deplorable things and shown nothing but kindness, friendship, and love/charity to them. When the bomb or whatever hits this country, whatever finally comes, i can't feel no pity.

Brother,

I haven’t read the responses so I’m sorry if I’ve doubled any opinions but mine is that this generation is NOT hopeless, they are just waiting for the real Jesus to please stand up in those who name the name of Christ. Matt 16.20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Where are the signs in our lives, brother? Before we condemn an entire generation, we need to make sure that we’ve done ALL WE KNOW TO DO for the Lord to ‘work with us and confirm the word with signs in our life’ as well.

I am not advocating that we should run after or “seek signs” but if He is not working with us and confirming the word with signs following then perhaps we need to check ourselves and the gospel we preach because I just copied the word that said they’ll be there if He's in it.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/7/31 13:26Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

You do not live in the most lost generation ever, my dear friend. You live in a generation that is like any other before. Would it be more tolerable if we lived in an era, like the middle ages, where nearly everyone believed in God, and yet burned and tortured those who disagreed with them? Would it be more tolerable if we lived in Rome in the apostolic age, when homosexuality was more rampant than it is now, sexual immorality was the norm, and idol worship was the order of the day? And let's not forget the fact that Christians were being daily murdered in mass numbers!

Sure, we live in an era where people are jaded and bitter against the message that most Christian's peddle. However, that does NOT make this the most "lost generation ever". It makes it a generation just like any other. Even those which seem the most golden, and romantic to us had their flaws and evils.

Be at rest my friend. Christ is in you.

2012/7/31 13:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Trekker,

I can identify with your exhaustion...it has a name - know what it is? It is called burnout. I have been there, done that.

Know what you need to do? Quit your witnessing and stay home and work to rejuvenate your spirit and soul. You are tired. Rest. And rest some more. And some more, and more. Do not attempt to resume it until you feel totally refreshed in body, soul and spirit - when you feel the Holy Spirit saying, "GO!"

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/7/31 14:39Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'ProudPapa'

Your response saying, "Excellent thoughts!" was very encouraging to me. Merely because what I expressed was drawn from that of my own experience; the sickness of our world is needing something much more than a general physician now; something nearer the skills of a brain surgeon. Therefore, our gospel message must hold out a deeper hope and a more profound promise of cure to reach the lost.

Only this morning I was reading about Herod.
We all know the story, ay?
But what I found most striking was the intensity of Herod's belief in the Bible concerning the coming of Christ. Frankly, Herod's faith sometimes seems to be exceeding that of even some Christians today.

It was Herod who first believed the message that the Messiah had come. And we can read how he converted his belief into action.
Jerusalem was being stood on it's head on that day.
Wise men had come from the East saying, "Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him". Our Bible tells us that Herod was was troubled; furthermore, and ALL Jerusalem with him.

What does Herod do?
A remarkable thing! Herod "gathered all the Chief Priests and Scribes of the people together". This clearly shows that Herod had held substantial belief in the scriptures; otherwise, Herod would not have sought confirmation from the religious leaders about the coming Messiah.
It's almost breath taking! Herod commands the theologians and religious experts of his day to attend his palace to discuss the birth of Jesus. ALL of Jerusalem was a tumult of speculation and rumors.

What did the Chief Priests and Scribes do?
Well, of course, they hurried off to meet with Herod with their scripture parchments in hand. We can only imagine how their joy and excitement must have been. The long awaited day had finally arrived; these religious leaders must have been absolutely berserk with joy. What a wonderful opportunity it must have been for the Scribes to joyously testify about the multiple prophecies which were now becoming true in their land.

Oops! not so fast!

What happened next?
Well, after the religious leaders discussed the stupendous prophecies with Herod, they went quietly home. There's no scriptural evidence suggesting that any one of them felt a desire to travel to Bethlehem, although this place was very close to Jerusalem.

The stunning truth is:
These Scribes were a people full of religion. While they placed utmost importance in the doctrine of the coming of the Messiah, when He did come, they paid no attention to Him!
In this respect, the religious leaders behaved more astonishingly than Herod himself.

The religious leaders insisted to remain blind to the fact that their religious thrones were as much under threat as Herod's secular throne. Because of that, they made no effort to find the Messiah nor did they feel any compunction to rid themselves of Him.
Yet, thirty years later when Jesus began to preach His gospel, these same religious leaders would become filled with a spirit of murder and would succeed where Herod failed.

So it is that we are beginning to clearly perceive the contrast between the secular leader, Herod, and the pious religious leaders. One was entirely repulsed by the event and set out to immediately kill Jesus while the other preferred to pretend that Jesus was of no consequence.
For Herod, his throne was more important than Jesus. For the learned Scribes, their religion was more important. While Herod laid out plans to kill Him, the scribes sought to disclaim Him. One was wicked and an enemy of God while the other was very religious but equally an enemy of God.
A mirror image of our own days presently!

In every sense, both Herod and the Scribes were hypocrites. Herod hypocritically feigned a desire to worship Jesus when he directed the wise men to Bethlehem, and said, "Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also".
The Scribes hypocritically looked forward to the THEORY about the coming of the Messiah but not towards the person of Christ Himself. One could almost say that the Scribes were more interested in Christmas than in Christ.

So it is today that our Gospel is once again being preached into a world filled with both Herods and religious zealots. Some earnestly desiring to kill the Messenger while others stubbornly content to kill the message.

Regardless of their motivations, it all comes down to occupying a THRONE.

This is why our gospel message must be announced in a manner which clearly speaks about Jesus being crowned with honor and glory; about Him desiring to sit on the throne of every man's existence.

"And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God."

2012/7/31 15:24Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

I feel you, Trekker.

Christ does too. Remember Mark 6:6 whereby Jesus "marveled" at their unbelief as He went about tesching?

Christ must have wept many times over this lost generation.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/2 16:14Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

The story is told of the missionary Hudson Taylor interviewing some youths for Christ's work. He asked them: "Why do you wish to go as a foreign missionary?" One replied: "because Christ has commanded us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." Another said: "because millions are dying without ever having heard of Jesus." Others gave similar answers, but not what Taylor sought.

He replied: "All of your motives are good, but I fear they will fail you in times of severe testing and tribulation— especially if you are confronted with the possibility of having to face death for your testimony. The only motive that will enable you to remain true is stated in 2 Corinthians 5:14: "Christ's love constraining [compelling] you will keep you faithful in every situation.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/8/2 20:16Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Trekker, no offense brother but you sound like Jeremiah. "How on earth can God expect us to witness to such a debased and wicked people?" I don't know Jeremiah did it he is also refered to as the weeping prophet.

Brother Frank told me a story once that put stuff into perspective, it's about a frog and a scorpion I'll give the reader digest version.

One day a scorpion came to a river and wanted to get to the other side, the scorpion saw a frog and asked the frog to give him a ride on his back.

The frog was hesistant and said "well what if you try to kill me while I'm swimming you across?" The scorpion replied "well because if I sting you I too will die."

This made since to the frog and so the scorpion climbed on the frogs back and the frog began to cross. About half way across the scorpion stings the frog and with his dying breathe the frog asks "Why did you sting me?" the Scorpion replied "well because I'm a scorpion, that's my nature."

The point being you shouldn't be surprised when the world rejects the message of Christ, heartbroken yes, but really you should just come to expect it. Be faithful in delivering the message of the Gospel and let God handle the rest. If they mock you rejoice because then you are just like Jesus and the prophets who came before you. Remember it's their nature to reject the Gospel and its their nature to persecute you who deliver it.

2012/8/3 6:42Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
The story is told of the missionary Hudson Taylor interviewing some youths for Christ's work. He asked them: "Why do you wish to go as a foreign missionary?" One replied: "because Christ has commanded us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." Another said: "because millions are dying without ever having heard of Jesus." Others gave similar answers, but not what Taylor sought.

He replied: "All of your motives are good, but I fear they will fail you in times of severe testing and tribulation— especially if you are confronted with the possibility of having to face death for your testimony. The only motive that will enable you to remain true is stated in 2 Corinthians 5:14: "Christ's love constraining [compelling] you will keep you faithful in every situation.

What a an appropriate word for this thread! It also applies to the “Slaying the Giant” thread right now - the idea of looking at the full half of the cup rather than the empty half. That influences our motive.

The first person in the above quote is focused on the law (commands); the second on the problem; but the motive Taylor was looking for is centered on the full-half of the “cup”: Christ’s love within, what we HAVE, and what alone will compel us to be faithful in every situation. The two motives given cannot stand the test because they are not centered in the fullness of Christ.

Our thoughts and words regarding the world's wickedness say more about ourselves than the "wicked". We might be like the first two of Hudson Taylor's examples: We see it through biblical laws,; or we see mostly the lost. But we don’t see the “full half of the cup” - what God has given us OURSELVES.

Our failure to focus in the right place surely gives the wicked no reason to turn to our God. We have no proof in our own lives. Our biggest concern then is not the worldly wickedness, but the prevalence of unbelief in our own midst - even in ourselves. And isn’t that the most grievous sin of all – the inability to trust God. That in turn eschews our motives and incapacitates us from fulfilling our calling - to be a faithful Light to the world - no matter how dire the situation.

Thoughts?

Diane

2012/8/3 21:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy