SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should Christians Kill People?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Should Christians Kill People?

Ok, how about putting an even finer point on this business about Christians and guns?

Let's just ask this: "Should a Christian Kill People".

Gun, knives, poison, beating, drowning or whatever.

Should Christians kill people? What does the New Testament teach and what was the practice of the Early Church?

Pilgrim

2012/7/30 21:36Profile

Re: Should Christians Kill People?

i dont like where this and the other "gun" threads are going.

Greg, my advice would be to lock this thread and those others, quick.

2012/7/30 23:25
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Should Christians Kill People?

Part of the problem here is that Christianity is a life and death matter. I expect that on the morning when he got up that day Peter had no idea of what was going to happen to Ananias and Sapphira. They were killed, and Peter's own words were a part of that.

How about when Paul turned people over to Satan that they should learn not to blaspheme? It can get pretty rough out there. Jesus himself said it would be proper to hang a millstone on the neck of a person leading children astray and cast them into the sea...

I say let the discussion roll.

2012/7/30 23:46Profile
proudpapa

Re: Flight 93

I feel that God has been drasticaly changing me on this issue, I was raised very strongly in the belief of self defense and the defense of others.

Through dreams almost nightmares God has been teaching me to lean back on Him and not self relience, When I lean back on Him in these dreams, the powers of dark disapear when I lean on my own relience I wake up terrafied.

Having said that, I sometimes ponder on things like flight 93. If what was reported is accurate did the passengers respond correctly???

2012/7/31 0:00Profile

Re:

I'm sorry "Sidewalk", but your "examples" are not valid. Peter didn't kill Ananias & Saphira. God struck them dead and used Peter by the Holy Spirit to declare it. Last time Peter pulled out a weapon to hurt another, Jesus rebuked him and told him his Kingdom's was not of this world.

Paul turned people over to the devil spiritually by excommunicating them for the destruction of their flesh (spiritually), that they might repent and be restored.

Jesus didn't say it would be proper to hang a millstone, but that it would be better to have that done (in comparison) for the one who harms a little when (referring to when GOD gets ahold of them on judgement day).

In love, your examples are not good ones used in context. You are looking at this issue through OT Pre-Christ/Pentacost eyes.

"VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYS THE LORD, I WILL REPAY".

"LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND PRAY FOR THEM THAT PERSECUTE YOU"

Scripture and history totally negates your viewpoint. Cash bet you're ex-military. Brainwashing upon entrance into the military is intentional and for a reason. Need to be "re-programmed" by the Word of God. He is faithful to do it if you seek Him with a pure heart. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of uour mind. THEN you will be able to test approve the Lords good, pleasing, & perfect will"

2012/7/31 0:13
pilgrim777

Re:

I think this thread should stay open merely because we have been dancing around the issue of Christians killing in self-defense. Jesus and the Apostles taught non-resistance and with what is coming in the near future regarding the 2nd amendment and that there may be severe restrictions on guns, this is a conversation that needs to take place especially since we live in a country where "Patriotism" and "Christianity" are closely linked in people's minds.

So, put your "guns" away and stop trying to suppress a badly needed conversation. We can keep this thread from going nuclear.

My father was a Colonel in the Army and served in Vietnam twice. I served once and actually found the Lord in the service. My uncles and brothers were in the military, too. At one point in my active duty service I respectfully requested to not have to carry my .45 on watch. I did not want to get out of the Navy, I just did not want to carry the .45 anymore. After a couple of days, my Commanding officer told me that they had decided to take me off that particular duty and reassigned me as the Captain's chauffeur which opened many more doors of witnessing to me. Each time in the Navy, when the Lord revealed a truth to me and I obeyed Him, He took care of the rest.

Now, I like to shoot guns and hunt and am a member of a Hunting organization, but I have very solid convictions through God's Word and Holy Spirit that I am not to harm any man. PERIOD! What about you? I know that we all go from faith to faith and glory to glory and no one should be criticized if they don't have faith in certain areas. Let this be a thread of testimonies and don't take anything personal.

People always ask hypothetical questions and they do this to nullify God's Word and excuse themselves. I know the hypothetical questions will come and they may become the focal point instead of God's Word and the Early Church practice in this thread, but I hope not.

Did you know that in the Early Church if a Roman soldier came to the Lord they were denied the Lord's supper if they carried a weapon and fought. Have you read in Martyr's Mirror of the Roman soldiers who laid down their arms and were tortured before they were killed?

God's Spirit really does change people and takes away all fear of man. Our security is in Him. Do you pray for His protection more than you think about "defending" yourself?

So, what saith the Lord and let's consider what "country" we belong to? What City we are looking for and what Kingdom we are members of? Let the conversation continue...

:-)

Pilgrim

P.S. Hey there JeffMar, I am happy to say I have been reprogrammed by the Word of God. :-)

2012/7/31 0:27Profile
proudpapa

not directed to any one personly

not directed to any one personly.

Something I have noticed is that it is easy to be a Pacifict theolgicaly and even Nonresistant theolgicaly. Most Political Pasifist that I know, I would not consider to be Personaly Nonresistant. And even many that I know whom claim that they would be Personaly Nonresistant if serious trial came there way, I find often fail at being Personaly Nonresistant on a smaller scale. If a serious trial comes our way in which it very well might for me, We must be able to step out of the flesh and into the protecting Hand of God. To truly be personally nonresistant in time of trial will take supernatural help.

2012/7/31 0:28Profile
proudpapa

Re: the kingdom that turned the world upside down

David bercots "the kingdom that turned the world upside down" Has had more of an impact on my views of the subject than any other books.

2012/7/31 0:32Profile
pilgrim777

Re: not directed to any one personly

Quote:
Something I have noticed is that it is easy to be a Pacifict theolgicaly and even Nonresistant theolgicaly. Most Political Pasifist that I know, I would not consider to be Personaly Nonresistant. And even many that I know whom claim that they would be Personaly Nonresistant if serious trial came there way, I find often fail at being Personaly Nonresistant on a smaller scale. If a serious trial comes our way in which it very well might for me, We must be able to step out of the flesh and into the protecting Hand of God. To truly be personally nonresistant in time of trial will take supernatural help.

Yes, it will take supernatural help, but isn't that what us Christians are supposed to be all about...our supernatural God which dwells in us. So, I agree with you.

I also agree with you that Pacifism is not necessarily non-resistant. And just to be clear, Jesus did not teach or walk in Pacifism. He taught Non-resistance and there is a big difference between Pacifism and Non-Resistance.

Pacifism is actually rebellion against God, because it supports work stoppages, "peaceful" REBELLION, PROTESTS, and all other manner of the ARM OF THE FLESH.

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

When you really find out that you are not to use weapons and harm anyone, you then realize all you have is God (as if that is not enough) and it's time to get close to Him.

Please listen to this riveting testimony when you get a chance.

http://jesusourallinall.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-margie-mayfield-story.html

Pilgrim

2012/7/31 0:39Profile
proudpapa

Re: Pilgrim

RE: //When you really find out that you are not to use weapons and harm anyone, you then realize all you have is God (as if that is not enough) and it's time to get close to Him//

Amen

2012/7/31 0:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy