SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should A Christian USE A Gun?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Awesome, Diane!

2012/8/1 0:46Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Should A Christian USE A Gun?

I can assure you i would go for the gun. It doesnt mean i have to use it, i just have to make them think i would. And believe me, i WOULD use it if i had to, when it comes down to saving a life. When you are defending a life there is no question, not in my mind. No one respects a doormat or a coward, or at least i sure don't. You can stand there sucking your thumb or you can save a life from the hand of the wicked. Your choice. I have no problem with mine.

2012/8/1 3:22Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "What we believe is in our heart and what is actually there are not necessarily synonymous. Only God knows, and he uses testings to help us know. Remember, ancient Israel was determined they would remain faithful to the Lord. They didn't."==ROADSIGN

AMEN. WELL SAID.

2012/8/1 3:24Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re:

Please stop accusing Jesus Christ of sending his disciples with swords to preached the Gospel. The Only time Jesus told his disciples to bring sword was when he was about to be arrested for the crucifixion. This he did to show forth in a practical way How the Life of those that will be in his kingdom when they faced physical persecution since the disciples were not yet born into the kingdom. Because when the disciples taught that he told them to bring forth those swords for self defense they latter found that the Lord was teaching them a principles of those that partake eternal life,towards physical persecution. The scripture below are all references just before the arrest and after the arrest.
“And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.…When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword? And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.” (LUKE 22V35-36, LUKE 22V 49-51)
“And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” (Mathew 26v51-52)
“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”(John18v36).
In the world we have three categories of people, those in the fall without the Law and those in the fall with the Law and those in the kingdom of Christ with the eternal life of Christ. Those in the fall without a law are the worst part of demonic activities in the hearts of men . They are those that attack the innocent, enslaved others , they start wars and crimes etc They will do you evil without you doing them any evil.Then we have those in the fall with the law , this are the types that will not harm you if you did not harm them but if you harm them then an eye will be for an eye. But this also results in wars because where there is no forgiveness , if for example lawless A harm lawful B and then B revenge then the revenge look worst and A have children who read the history Lawful A did to their father lawless A children get angry over it and later revenge back in Lawful B children. The cycles goes on with the effect of demonic activities for where there is no forgiveness demon will easily trod and do there things. This people in the fall with the Law are those that will keep fighting and claiming “it is my nation, my race, my family etc they want to destroy and we have to revenge” They do not see revenge as falling into temptation but in there own eyes it is pure and godly.
Then we have those in the kingdom of Christ who live by the eternal Life In Christ Jesus. This War with spiritual wickedness in high places with spiritual weapons and neverphysical weapons. They daily give there Life to be govern with eternal Life knowing in there flesh dwell no good thing. There faith is not placed on the cool and peaceful environment but the peace that is in the eternal life of Christ Jesus. In this peace of the kingdom they can suffer tribulations of various form in the world and come out victoriously if they continue a walk of Faith in Trusting God. They can bear all Loss through the strength of eternal life knowing in this natural they are just strangers and passers by.

2012/8/1 3:36Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
The Only time Jesus told his disciples to bring sword was when he was about to be arrested for the crucifixion.

Good point. Actually, the disciples may as well have possessed a plastic replica – a toy. Their sword was that useless! Maybe that was the point.

Remember Peter’s pitiful attempt to cut off the solders head. He got the ear instead. Peter had a bad aim. So much for the sword.

If we believe that a “sword” might be a useful defense, we probably have little concept of the real force of evil out there. We have a poor concept of our limited capacities, of the magnitude of evil, of what might strike back at us in self-defense ….. but also of the mighty power of God.

"He must increase, I must decrease." May our “swords”, “guns”, and everything else in our stockpile of weaponry (material or non-material) serve to remind us of that.

Diane

2012/8/1 6:38Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I am charged with the protection of my family. Therefore I would not hesitate to place two shots in each one of the pedator's chest cavities. Just like Samuel, I would slay the the beast.

You might find this position repulsive, just as many find Samuel's actions repulsive. But these men are no different than the king that Samuel executed.

2012/8/1 7:05Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, most people who are shot are shot with their own gun... my dad, a policeman was called to a home and went in the front door to protect 2 older ladies from someone who broke in the their home... a rookie was to go in the back door... my dad saw the man and struck him in his head with his night stick whereupon the man ripped the holster off of my dads belt and killed my dad, shooting him 3 times.this man had just been paroled that week and was already a 3 time looser.the rookie froze at the back door and called for help. the perp was shot multiple times and died on the scene. would i shoot after this lesson? would you?jimpthis was in the 50s.when it was not as violent as it is today.

2012/8/1 7:45Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I am charged with the protection of my family. Therefore I would not hesitate to place two shots in each one of the pedator's chest cavities. Just like Samuel, I would slay the the beast.

Why not be just like David, and have a slingshot on hand?

Diane

2012/8/1 7:56Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Since we are charged with protecting our family, time to start fasting and praying. Much more powerful than guns because guns cannot convert the robber or preserve your own relationship with Christ.

Pilgrim

2012/8/1 8:38Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Diane asks:

"Why not be just like David, and have a slingshot on hand?"

The sling shot was a deadly weapon. Remember that David also took Goliath's sword and cut off his head.

2012/8/1 9:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy