SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Where were the intercessors?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Where were the intercessors?

Some are saying a storm is coming. Some are saying persecution will soon be upon the church in America. The moderator of this website feels so strongly about this he is bringing together a conference on this theme.
I might add at the loss of his reputation for speaking on this unpopular topic.

Godly men feel so strongly about this message they are sacrificing their time and money to come and speak on the topic of persecution. Perhaps st the cost of their reputation. But they feel they must come. They feel they must speak out.

I felt so strongly this conference needed to be covered in prayer. I offered Greg the use of our conference line to cover the SI conference in prayer. Some of the intercessors from Persecution Watch came over and gladly lifted up the SI conference in prayer.. Not knowing anything about Sermon Index. They just knew they had to pray for this strategic conference.

My quesyion asked in gentleness is where were the Sermon Index intercessors? We take pains to promote the call. We have good speakers lined up to lead on call. But only seven people showed up. Three were from Persecution Watch. Steve shared a good word. There Were prayers of agreement. Just wondered where the prayer warriors were?

Bearmaster.

2012/7/30 16:58
MaryJane

Re: Where were the intercessors?

My quesyion asked in gentleness is where were the Sermon Index intercessors? We take pains to promote the call. We gave good speakers lined up to lead on call. But only seven people showed up. Three were from Persecution Watch. Steve shared a good word. There Were prayers of agreement. Just aondered where the prsyer warriors were?

Bearmaster.

I will give you the only reply I can and I do so in love brother. I have prayed often for those things the LORD has laid upon my heart connected here to SI. I know you may not agree with this and that is perfectly ok, but GOD does not always have me pray about "all" the things that come up...I do not know why but I know I have to do what the FATHER leads me to do or pray as HE leads me to pray. I wonder perhaps you might give thanks for those seven who were there, it seems to me these seven were exactly the right people that GOD had planned to be in prayer at this time. You and I are a part of the body of CHRIST isn't it great that while you were praying there with those other seven JESUS was leading me to pray for some members here on SI as well as those who are lost in this country! GOD is so good, we all have jobs and I am so thankful HE gives us each the strength to walk them out by HIS leading aren't you?

God Bless
maryjane

Edit: one last thought, I have been in prayer about coming world events, persecution ect. but my prayers have been directed to GOD for the lost. SO many are deceived and if they do not repent will die and spend eternity in hell, yes I know persecution is coming at some point, but I already have JESUS so no man can harm me...what about all those who don't. That is where my heart is being led right now. I will pray for you to be strengthened on your battle front please do the same for me brother :)

2012/7/30 17:08Profile
learn

Re:

Good and correct answer MaryJane.

I myself am not an intercessor. If I were to go for that, I will be disobeying God (not that I'm that obedient in the first place).

When we become Christians, we are to wait on Him. Not rush here and there to do what WE think should be done. He knows who is needed and when its needed. The thing is are we going to trust Him or are we going to be disobedient and do it our own way.

I know its hard and hurts when so few turned up. But this is something that we MUST trust in Him knowing that if we have given our all and in obedience to Him, then His will will be done.

(umm.. I have to take my own advice also)

I leave you with this (perhaps not the best example but I think most will be able to get the drift) :

Luke 10:38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made.e She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

ETA :
[quote by Bearmaster :
Godly men feel so strongly about this message they are sacrificing their time and money to come and speak on the topic of persecution. Perhaps st the cost of their reputation.]

Umm, when we come to Christ, we must be willing to lose whatever reputation we have.

2012/7/30 17:28Profile

Brother Bearmaster, I'm only answering you so that maybe you'll feel better about last night.

Maybe, if you could think of it this way ... when Jesus hung on that cross, do you think He wondered where all those thousands of people were that He fed, healed, preached to, etc?

He only had a small number, but that small number turned the world upside down.

"Wherever two agree as touching anything..."

I don't have a long-distance phone anymore but I was praying and have every day for all the members here --- that we'll all get through whatever we may have to face and meet 'with Him' - all of us together -- not losing one.

Am looking forward to you posting the recording of Brother Steve's message.

Thank you!

2012/7/30 17:54

Re: MJ, Learn, JiG

Thank you for your kind responses. You are right. It us not quantity. But the quality of the hearts that come in the call. I rejoice over those he sent.

Much blessing on you all.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/30 18:09
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Brother, I am not familiar with this kind of prayer call. Do you take turns praying? Does everyone pray at the same time? How does it usually go? I've been praying every day for the conference and have been reading your posts about the prayer call, but I am not always available at the scheduled time and I've wanted to know more about it before I would participate in it.

2012/7/30 18:25Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
where were the Sermon Index intercessors?

Brother, Your passion reminds me of an experience a pastor shared many years ago. He had been to a revival prayer conference at the CRF and had a similar concern afterwards. God has given him a burden, and he felt everyone should have shared it in the same way. But it didn’t appear to be so. When he expressed his concern to the Lord, God said, “That was for YOU.”

It is not unlike that for me. There have been seasons of intercessory prayer with prayer groups. For now God has opened up a different way of interceding on behalf of the kingdom.

That raises a question: What is the Lord saying to you right now about the matter on your heart?

Diane

2012/7/30 19:03Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'BearMaster'

There are occasions on SI when I wish I could reach through my monitor and shake someone's hand or hug them.
This is one of these occasions.
When I read your words saying, "You are right. It's not quantity", I was greatly warmed by your display of integrity. It takes courage to return and forthrightly admit "You are right".

2012/7/30 19:31Profile
mama27

Re:

I was on the call last week, Bearmaster. Last night the Lord called me to open my home to my prodigal and a friend of his...they are both lost...it is moment by moment obedience. Just because the specific hour of the call doesn't work out, doesn't mean people are not praying....appreciate your passion and zeal for the Lord....

2012/7/30 20:03Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Dear Brother Bearmaster,

I was unable to call in. There really was no excuse. My wife and I had to go out and we did not get back until around 10pm ct. I did however, pray for the conference and will continue to pray for it until the Lord releases me from this.

(Quote)Some are saying a storm is coming. Some are saying persecution will soon be upon the church in America. The moderator of this website feels so strongly about this he is bringing together a conference on this theme.
I might add at the loss of his reputation for speaking on this unpopular topic.(/Quote)

Brother the Lord has told me that persecution is coming on the church in America, then soon after the World. We are right now living in the greatest "falling Away" from the church then ever before. And it is all coming to a head soon. I don't know how soon... that is up to the God.

My Lord Jesus The Christ, is getting his bride ready. Before long we will be learning a "new song" Amen.

A silent famine has placed a death grip on most of America, I am talking about the heat wave that has all but destroyed the crops, forcing farmers and cattle men to sell their cattle because they can't afford to feed them because of the low supply of hay and the high cost of feed and supplement.

All of this is upon America, because of her unbelief and great sin.And yet, God is still merciful, because his wrath has not fallen on us... yet.

Many pastors in many different faith's here in America have lost their faith in whom use to be their first love. They don't believe. And God has removed his spirit, and they don't know it.

The Church is living on scraps of spiritual food, because our good pastors are so overwhelmed with other jobs in the churches, they don't have time to pray or minister over the word like they should.

The Lord through the Holy Spirit, has a arrested me over these things and many others, since yesterday, I have been in urgent prayer for the Godly man in India, that was abducted by at gun point and is being held for ransom.

I would like to let everyone whom reads this post, that I am not bragging or whining about any of the cares that I have written here and many, many others cares that the Lord has myself and many others interceding for at this time.

(Q) I might add at the loss of his reputation for speaking on this unpopular topic (/Q)

This topic maybe unpopular with many in the church, however, it is not with the Lord our God. Many of the cares that I have discussed I have known about and have been in urgent prayer about for over a year and so has many others.

God doesn't care about reputations of men. Do you think any of the prophets of old were popular? Was Jesus, popular? I don't think so.

All that is ask of us is to trust and obey his word, that is the only way.

I hope that you do not think that I am upset, hardly. I am joyous. There is a Holy fire, sweeping across the churches her in America, maybe even the world. Just yesterday I talk with my mother in law Carol Arvin, whom reported that she has been to 3 different churches near Laporte Indiana, this includes the South Bend area.

At each of the Churches she attended, she said that the Pastors took off their shoe's and instructed the congregation to do so as well, because they were on Holy ground. Sh also reported that the each of the preachers preached with old fashioned Holy Ghost Fire! People were being saved, delivered and healed.

Keep this Holy Revival Fire up in prayer.

William

2012/7/30 21:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy