Give them a bottle.

Now that was very funny :)

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/30 12:24Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "A Wisconsin trial court judge denied a motion to dismiss charges against a convicted pastor who instructed his church members to use wooden rods to spank misbehaving children, some as young as two months old.

Philip Caminiti, pastor of Aleitheia Bible Church in Black Earth, Wisconsin, was convicted of eight counts of conspiracy to commit child abuse in March. He faces up to six years of prison time; his sentencing hearing is scheduled for later this month."==MARY JANE

Thank you Mary Jane for providing "the rest of the story"!
This pastor was rightly convicted! THIS IS ABUSE! IT IS ABUSE TO USE A ROD ON A YOUNG CHILD! As a person who suffered much abuse at the hands of my parents, and was beaten with just about every manner of object, I find great offense in this. And spanking should never be used on a child unless he/she is in overt rebellion. Even James Dobson said THAT much, and he is an advocate of spanking. Any parent who has to use a rod on a 2 yr old does NOT know how to parent!! What a shame and outrage! What shame he brings on the name of Christ!! And parents who only know how to spank as a form of discipline are very lacking in intelligence and creativity!

I have cared for all manner of children, including spoiled brats, so i DO know there ARE children who DO need to be spanked, as they have a spirit of rebellion created by many years of permissiveness and bad parenting. I have NOT had the pleasure of spanking them(lol)as it was not my place and i am sure they have grown up to be frightful,haughty, demanding, spoiled adults now, but they are very different from the children who are naughty but NOT spoiled and NOT full of rebellion. There are many forms of discipline that can and should be used before one should resort to spanking. I speak from experience as one who has cared for a great many children and who has had the respect of them. The most important thing in disciplining children is CONSISTENCY and that is where so many parents fail, and then they wonder why they have no control when the kids become teens.

Righteousnew, you are wrong in judging all those godly men who have not stepped up to support that pastor; they are practicing discretion and discernment. This is just one pastor, not a whole slew of pastors being persecuted for teaching discipline. Dobson, who also teaches spanking, was never fined or jailed, so obviously this pastor did something out of the ordinary. There is much more the the story.

2012/7/30 12:51Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: Give them a bottle.

ROFL! good one

2012/7/30 13:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

What do mothers do when a 2 month old bites to hard on the nipple??

Yell, "OUCH!"

Yes, been there and done that and and did what the others suggested: give a bottle and quit breast feeding.

But to spank an infant for biting? A two month old?

I wonder what his wife would say about how well he functions as a dad. Or, his children. I would guess there is an unreported story.

2012/7/30 13:59Profile
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

RE: //But to spank an infant for biting? A two month old?//

Hi ginnyrose, I hope you did not misinterpet what I was implying, I was not at all indorsing spanking a 2 month old.

Edit: I was just commenting that there where other ways to get our point across to infants rather than spanking and asking what Mothers that Breastfeed do. I am of the impression that there are no mothers on this forum whom have breastfeed because to give an answer as to give them a bottle is about silly.

2012/7/30 15:17Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Many Godly preachers on SI endorse child training with a spanking Denny keanaston, keith Daniels, etc. none whatsoever endorse abuse of any kind.

It is sad that so many in our Christian culture are becoming so much like our secular culture that they can not relate a biblical loving non emotional swat out side of abuse.

We have very few true Bible Believers in the world today

Proverbs 23
13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

2012/7/30 15:39Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by proudpapa on 2012/7/30 9:39:54

Many Godly preachers on SI endorse child training with a spanking Denny keanaston, keith Daniels, etc. none whatsoever endorse abuse of any kind.

It is sad that so many in our Christian culture are becoming so much like our secular culture that they can not relate a biblical loving non emotional swat out side of abuse.

We have very few true Bible Believers in the world today

Proverbs 23
13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Proudpapa
I have no issue with using the rod to punish a child when warranted but spanking a newborn infant goes way beyond that. The term infant describes a baby to my understanding, one who is helpless an unable to take care of themselves. A child has reached a certain age, and can understand yes and no, right from wrong. There is a difference here(edit I know that you realize this as well as I am sure many others who post here do to :)

I think we should keep this in perspective. What this man in the original post did was sin and wrong.He was not teaching the Biblical principal of training a child how they should go...

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/30 15:50Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by proudpapa on 2012/7/30 9:17:32

RE: //But to spank an infant for biting? A two month old?//

Hi ginnyrose, I hope you did not misinterpet what I was implying, I was not at all indorsing spanking a 2 month old.

Edit: I was just commenting that there where other ways to get our point across to infants rather than spanking and asking what Mothers that Breastfeed do. I am of the impression that there are no mothers on this forum whom have breastfeed because to give an answer as to give them a bottle is about silly.

Yes I have breast feed my children but I still thought the answer to give a bottle was made to be funny which it was :)

I do know there are other ways to deal with an infant when they bite down hard. Edited: I wanted to remove some of my response to better reflect what I meant to say.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/7/30 15:58Profile
proudpapa

Clear

Let me make clear, I am against hitting infants!!!

2012/7/30 16:04Profile
MaryJane

Re: Clear

by proudpapa on 2012/7/30 10:04:10

Let me make clear, I am against hitting infants!!

Thank you for sharing that with us. I did not mean to imply in my response to you that you were supporting it. I realize in my zeal to stress that no one should strike an infant my response may have come across as being directed to you personally, I am sorry for that. I will go back and edit my post to try and make it more clear.

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/30 16:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy