SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Frustration and 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RighteousNew

Frustration and 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Where are the "big name" preachers who actually stand up and support someone / something in this country?

The Wisconsin pastor who preaches the the bible in regards to spanking and is going to prison for 2 years?? - Where in the name of God are the godly men in this land to stand up for God's Holy Word and righteousness?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/pastor-sentenced-to-2-years-in-prison-for-teaching-that-parents-should-spank-their-children

These men are like the Pharisees in that they love the applause of men (from varying "christian circles"), yet they are NOT doing the will of God with where God (or maybe it's just Satan) has put them.

John MacArthur and his "Grace To You" with their "unleashing the Bible one verse at time" - where he is now to say something about a pastor being incarcerated - INCARCERATED - for two years because he preached that parents must discipline their children with the rod?

All these "guys" like John Piper, Mark Driscoll, Together For The Gospel Coalitions, all the radio boys Hank Hanegraf, Chuck Misler, Dobson, Charles Stanley - all these men with the esteem and platforms (sermons, twitter, etc) - WHERE ARE THEY TO STAND FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS - they are SILENT on basically everything happening in our nation.

Where are they to stand beside the "no-name" Christians in this country who are being persecuted for following Jesus? (notice how it is none of the "big name" preachers who have the legal issues, or the persecutions from the world).

Ie: where are the thousands of preachers in America to stand up and say that God commands children to be disciplined with spanking, and that the state has no business in sending a preacher to jail for God`s word? Do they even care?

I believe most of them are bare minimum cowards, and many are lost men according to 2 Corinthians 11:13-15:

13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.

14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

15Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

ps - my name on here "righteousnew" was supposed to be "righteousnews" and was shortened. I am a sinner saved by grace who knows what I was, and even more who I am - a wicked sinner apart from the shed blood of our risen Christ.

2012/7/30 10:39Profile
RighteousNew

Re: Frustration and 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

more background on pastor sentenced to prison for preaching on spanking:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/118298329.html

Matthew 28:20 - and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Matthew 5:19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

2012/7/30 10:44Profile
MaryJane

Re:

This was the news I found on this man from Christianity today:

A Wisconsin trial court judge denied a motion to dismiss charges against a convicted pastor who instructed his church members to use wooden rods to spank misbehaving children, some as young as two months old.

Philip Caminiti, pastor of Aleitheia Bible Church in Black Earth, Wisconsin, was convicted of eight counts of conspiracy to commit child abuse in March. He faces up to six years of prison time; his sentencing hearing is scheduled for later this month.

Caminiti argued the convictions violate his right to religious freedom. But Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi disagreed, stating that though Caminiti had “a sincerely held religious belief” to use a rod to discipline young children, he failed to prove Wisconsin’s child abuse statue “places a burden” on that belief.

“Scripture doesn't specify how and when the rod should be used,” Sumi ruled.

In January, Christianity Today examined arguments for and against corporal punishment, as the misuse of biblical teaching on discipline can have deadly consequences.

Of course I do not know how accurate the content in this article is but will say that "if" it is correct then the man does seem guilty of encouraging child abuse. To beat a 2 month old on their bare bottom I do not believe is what the Bible speaks to as Biblical disciplining of a child.There is an age to which use of the rod does come into raising a child but not at two months old. I don't know all the details of this case, seems like there might be more going on and would need to read further but as the pastor of the group of believers he was leading he used his position to influence those in his care and I would consider that an abuse of authority.

Just my thoughts
God bless
mj

Edited

2012/7/30 11:28Profile
proudpapa

Re: Spanking

Michael Pearl has come under alot of heat from the entertainment media for His book to train up a child,

Having myself read the book, it is bizzar how dishonest and twisted the news media has reported what the book says.

2012/7/30 11:49Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Frustration and 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Maryjane,

You seem to have a balanced approach to the matter.

The original post however, isn't clear on what is being said or stated.

It seems to be deliberately posted as volatile, to stir up emotions, rather than to ask for prayer for someone who is in prison though not guilty of the said crime, as opposed to sin.

Should it be, that only those 'famous' preachers should be in prison, or only they should be protesting, when even they don't know the full story, or have never even heard of it?

I have to question the motive behind the thread. Just seems somewhat bitter.

2012/7/30 11:51Profile
MaryJane

Re: Spanking

Michael Pearl has come under alot of heat from the entertainment media for His book to train up a child,

Having myself read the book it is bizzar how dishonest and twisted the news media has reported what the book says.

I will agree that the media can lie when it comes to these kinds of things that is why I said if what is written is true. Now I have a question at what age do you think the rod should be used? Do you believe on an infant of 2 months old should receive spankings?

God Bless
mj

2012/7/30 11:57Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

There are background facts in this case which shed light on his prison sentence.

1) "The children were beaten for of all things doing what children do, and that is crying,"

2) He taught his flock to administer corporal punishment upon children as young as 2 MONTHS OLD!

2012/7/30 12:05Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by enid on 2012/7/30 5:51:43

Maryjane,

You seem to have a balanced approach to the matter.

The original post however, isn't clear on what is being said or stated.

It seems to be deliberately posted as volatile, to stir up emotions, rather than to ask for prayer for someone who is in prison though not guilty of the said crime, as opposed to sin.

Should it be, that only those 'famous' preachers should be in prison, or only they should be protesting, when even they don't know the full story, or have never even heard of it?

I have to question the motive behind the thread. Just seems somewhat bitter.

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/30 12:11Profile
proudpapa

Re: MJ

RE:MJ //Do you believe on an infant of 2 months old should receive spankings?//

A spanking will not work at 2 months now 2 years is a different situation but there are ways in which we communicate our points to infants.

What do mothers do when a 2 month old bites to hard on the nipple??

2012/7/30 12:12Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Give them a bottle.

2012/7/30 12:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy