Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Words of God and the Word of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

The Words of God and the Word of God

The Words of God and the Word of God
Every Word of God has both Life and Light. The Light of the Word is the informative part that reveals the way. The Life is the grace that gives the ability to walk in the revealed path. Every believer who is in Christ has Eternal Life in measure. There is only one Word of God as in relation to Life eternal but many words when related to Light. The eternal Life is one in all believers though the quantity can be increased, but there are both general Lights and Lights in the Light, for individual according the purposed and called of God in their lives. The light can vary not only in quantity but also in quality, while Eternal Life is the same quality in all though the quantity can vary as more is received abundantly. Words of Gods speak of the different Lights while the Word of God is the eternal Life.
The Word of God in us which is Life eternal can only be kept and increased as we walk in the Words of God which are the revealed Lights. The Words of God can only be kept through the power of the Word of God or eternal Life in us. Both the Word of God which is eternal Life in us, and the Words of God which are the Lights of God are equally needed for our growth in Christ. Imagine in the natural a man may have Life, but when he is walking in a place where there is no light, he can either stumble or even lose his life by the enemies around. Such will be what will happen to the believer who has eternal Life but do not wait upon the Lord to received words to show Him the way to go. Because He ceased walking with the Lord a little temptation will easily destroy the measure of the Life eternal resulting in the works of death. “Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him. (John11v9-10).”
Even in Christian service we cannot take it for granted that because we have eternal Life in us we are free to do whatsoever work we want to do for the Lord. Eternal Life is not enough to do any Christian service we wish to do; we need the Light of the Words of God by the Holy Spirit to show us the place he wants us to function in the body and the Lord timing. To be guided by the Lord in our daily Live takes a relation with the Lord through intimacy this is how both eternal Life and Light increases in us.
The Scriptures says Faith comes by hearing the word of God. This means Faith comes through Light, and even Life is first received through Light. The devil destroys ones faith when he succeed in convincing any true Child begotten of God that God is not with him and in him, because of some adversity or circumstances. When that happened, he gained power over his soul because we are told to take the shield of FAITH by which we will be able to quench all the fiery dart of the wicked one (Ephesian6v16). Peter wrote “resist him steadfast in the faith”. No body can resist the devil that is not sure that God is with Him. But if one in the midst of perplexity, anxiety and doubt hears a Word of light from the Lord “Fear not I am with you “ or any form of conviction that the Lord is with Him, then by that the eternal Life within is energies through the words he heard, giving strength. This is the same thing the psalmist wrote “ If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us: Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:(psalms124v2-3)” . The psalmist is saying if they had not the faith that the Lord was on their side during the time of there adversity the enemy would had overcame them. Even apostle Paul with all the measure of eternal Life he had , needed to be stirred through Faith that comes by hearing the words of God when almost all the believers in Asia forsake Him. He even named prominent believers among them to show his amazement. Yet the Lord had him sure that because all men forsook Him, does not mean the He had forsaken Him. This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes (1timothy1v.15)
“At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.(2timothy4v16-17).” It is not the intensity of our adversity and trials that matters but the intensity of our faith, in our adversity. If we received words of light or assurance into our spirits that God is with us and in us, then we can resist and overcome any battle through His eternal Life in us.
Judging by the Words
The scriptures are Words of God meaning they are a Light, they are not The Word, the Word is eternal Life, who is Christ in us. Man has not the ability to judge anything spiritual. All Judgment must be in the Words that come from God, for only God can judge what is of him and that which is not of Him. We have so much light in the scriptures, concerning the Life of those that have not eternal Life and how we can know them by the mere external fruits. For example apostle John wrote “ Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.(1john3v16). Now if you see a murderer or some one who lives in hate in its various form either personal, racist, nationality , gender etc if you are in Christ you just know that that man have not eternal Life , you will be Christless to say you are not sure if such a one have eternal life or not. Our Lord said “Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John18v36). Now from the stament of our Lord, if you are in the kingdom of Christ you just know those that fight physically to protect their rights or dominate others are not just in the kingdom of Christ. This is not mans Judgment it is the judgment of the Words that came from God. There are many scriptures that will prove also that the adulterers, fornicators, thieves, etc have not eternal Life in them. Yes one can gain eternal life and lose it as we share above, and fall in such sins but unless he repents and ask for mercy and grace he will ever be in darkness.
Having said that there is something which is hidden within in men, they are not external fruits, the scriptures called that the secrets of men. If we have no proof about the evil fruits of men, it will be wrong to judge them by mere hearsay or how they seem to appear physically in our eyes. I once had someone said about a certain Bro. In Christ “this man is too handsome to be a true prophet of God”. This is the different forms of carnal judgment, or mans Judgment. We do not even have to judge any one based on the measure of Light of scriptural knowledge, or doctrinal differences for in many times we only see things in part. It must be the external fruits that must be judge because a good tree can only yield good fruits as saith the scriptures. Amen.

2012/7/30 7:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy