SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Consider

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Consider

After reading through this encouragement to pray from another I thought it would be worth sharing here. What are your five things you would choose to pray about??

God bless
maryjane

Consider? If you would? Choose 5 POSITIVE things to dedicate yourself to praying to come to pass, and don’t let them out of your sight day or night? By “positive” i mean “advancing or changing or healing or saving or revolution-izing something or someone or somewhere that would bring great Glory to God.” There are, of course, legitimate prayers that are not in this category. JESUS prayed, “Let this cup pass.” But, can we each pick five tangible, non-vague, specific POSITIVE things to ask God to accomplish, to the praise of His Glory—and NOT LET THEM GO?! And, if someone were to ask you if you would tell them one or two, or five, of your five—they would be Clear enough to you for them to roll off of your tongue, with a smile? “Mountain—BE MOVED!”

2012/7/29 23:13Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Consider

I have been praying for the Lord of the Harvest to send workers for the harvest. And praying for the leaders of our country and the Saints under persecution. Then for our neighbors & Doctors & family.

The prayer for the workers for the harvest comes first because it was suggested.

Regards,
ws

2012/7/29 23:29Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by White_Stone on 2012/7/29 17:29:26

I have been praying for the Lord of the Harvest to send workers for the harvest. And praying for the leaders of our country and the Saints under persecution. Then for our neighbors & Doctors & family.

The prayer for the workers for the harvest comes first because it was suggested.

Regards,
ws

Thank you white stone for your response.First: I have been praying for my mother. She is getting older and I know I was at times not as diligent in praying for my dad as the LORD was leading me to, so I want to as the LORD leads be in prayer for my mom.I pray she will see her need for JESUS only and be set free from the lies and traditions in the RCC.

The second thing I am praying for is my children. I have seen compromise in them as they grow older and that breaks my heart but I know GOD is faithful so I pray. I pray for each of them as I know they struggle with differing areas but I still think of this as one prayer :)

The third I am praying for the lost, just people in general who are out there walking in darkness. None of us knows when we will be called to give an account of our life so I just pray that the LORD will move in peoples lives and that as things become more and more dark in these days people would turn to the only ONE who can truly save them, JESUS. So I am praying for the lost to wake up and see their great need for JESUS, time is short!

The fourth thing I am praying for is health for some I know who are suffering painful illness. I am praying that as each day passes GOD will be done in their life and that they would be closer to HIM who gives all care and comfort.
IF healing be HIS desire then praise the LORD but if there is a need to travel the road they are on then I pray for HIS strength.

The fifth thing I am praying for is the persecuted church. Those brothers and sister in the body who are suffering daily. Not just the ones we hear about but those who suffer in silence,those who are giving thanks and praise unto the LORD because HE is their all and all!I pray for them to be strengthened for the daily battles that rage around them. I pray for them to withstand when all seems lost. I pray for them to find their joy and rest in the LORD because HIS yoke is light. I pray HIS will be done in their lives because they are precious to HIM and to us all!!

Thank you for sharing with me white stone as the LORD gave you leading. I am encouraged by this exchange with you today.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/7/31 10:07Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Choose 5 POSITIVE things to dedicate yourself to praying to come to pass,

Great challenge, Mary Jane! It confronts our propensity to pray merely that God un-do the negative things. Take away the bad stuff. Our prayers typically arise out of the empty half of the cup, rather than the full half. The apostle Paul did it the other way around. It's not hard to see FIVE POSITIVE things in Eph 3:17-21:

“ ….according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord …. For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

2012/8/2 7:42Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Consider

MaryJane

This could be a positive thing. Those 'things' need to be something you can see and almost grab as opposite to something obscure like feed the kids type of thing.

2012/8/2 8:23Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2012/8/2 2:23:38

MaryJane

This could be a positive thing. Those 'things' need to be something you can see and almost grab as opposite to something obscure like feed the kids type of thing.

John if the LORD is leading you to pray in the manner that you have described I would very much like to hear the five things he places on your heart or if there is just one or two that's fine. Of course you do not have to share them no worries, what ever you feel led to do.

God bless and thank you for your thoughts
mj

2012/8/2 8:47Profile

Pray always....that you and others you love might stand.

Concerning the soon approaching Great Tribulation, and prayer.

"For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

And for others......

2012/8/2 8:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy