Discussion Forum : General Topics : Passing of Pastor Bill McLeod

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Passing of Pastor Bill McLeod

Dear Saints,

Bill Mcleod has gone into the presence of the Lord He loved so dearly last night around 8:00 pm. He will surely hear: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Pastor Bill was 93 years old and actively ministering till his death.

If you wanted to send a note to the family and a note of encourage for his wife you can do so here: [email protected]

Here is a short clip of him in his study: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxx9HxoaHpc "The one thing we are missing is pentecost" - Bill Mcleod

We are also featuring a message he just preached a few months ago:

Jesus Training The Twelve by Bill McLeod
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=23890&commentView=itemComments

I had the privilege of spending 2 days with him in prayer and having him share me from the scriptures and church history. His life was a powerful example of discipline and full-hearted love for the saviour. He had 10+ bibles that were marked from front to back. One of those bibles had over 16,000 references in them. There are few men like him today. Oh that God would raise others in the same spirit.

====

Canadian Revival Fellowship was born out of the Canadian Revival in the early 1970’s. Through the next forty years God would use this ministry to encourage tens of thousands of believers across Canada. Today we are inspired by the tremendous grace God has given us, and compelled all the more to serve the local church.

In 1966 Pastor Bill McLeod had been faithfully shepherding Ebenezer Baptist Church for four years. Through this time he brought in evangelists, musical quartets, speakers, and more, but saw himself and his church make little spiritual advancement. In desperation, he shut the doors, closed down the events, and brought the church together so they could pray for revival. The Wednesday night prayer meeting slowly grew from a mere 25 to finally 175 (more than the church membership), and for many, many years they persevered in this manner not knowing what marvelous things God had in store.

Finally, Pastor Bill invited two evangelists, Ralph & Lou Sutera, to speak to his congregation. With much anticipation the first night of the meetings came, but nothing happened. The first night passed, the second, the third, but on the fourth night, October 17, 1971, God in His sovereignty came in revival. Without human means or explanation, the revival spread from church to church, community to community, city to city, and not long after from province to province.

With the worship of God being refreshed in hundreds of churches, and thousands being transformed with the display of God’s glory, a core group formed to serve pastors and churches while the revival continued. Pastor Bill, the Suteras, Harold Lutzer, and others of this group administrated meetings across the country, supported pastors, and managed financial support. In 1972 this group officially became the Canadian Revival Fellowship.

2012/7/29 14:15Profile
mama27

Re: Passing of Pastor Bill McLeod

I didn't know this man as well as some others though was privileged to hear him several years ago at the Indy Revival Conference....this is a really "human" response, but I can just so imagine him having a grand time with Bro. Denny, and Leonard Ravenhill, and some of the other saints who have gone on :) (not discounting seeing the Lord face to face of course)....I praise God for the life of this dear man of God...

2012/7/29 17:08Profile
staff

Hi,three minutes of pure truth,how did we forget Pentecost.If we don't have Pentecost we are not Ready.Thank you Pastor McLeod,Thank you Lord for such a simple truth and for such a faithful servant.
This 3minute youtube clip is high on the most important sermons Sermonindex has broadcast,Yours Staff

2012/7/29 18:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This 3minute youtube clip is high on the most important sermons Sermonindex has broadcast,Yours Staff

Amen brother, the featured sermon also by him has this exact same message. It seems it was his emphasis as a message to the Church before he went to be with the Lord.

May we cry out for another pentecost. God is the same yesterday, today and forever.

2012/7/29 19:35Profile
roadsign

Re:

Thank you for this announcement of Bill McLeod's death. Many years ago I listened to his messages recorded on cassette tape provided through the Revival Fellowship. They inspired me deeply.

I watched the video clip here and was particularly intrigued by his study. His book collection filled all the wall space and crammed every corner. That no doubt says something about his life. He was a surely passionate learner of the Christian faith. His message in itself reflects a passion to see the Good News proclaimed in our own generation.... not through our own agendas, but in the mighty power of the Spirit.

May God answer his prayers.

Diane

2012/7/29 21:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We are going to continue to feature one of the last messages Bill Mcleod preached before he went to heaven. We believe this message is of importance for the church in North America to hear.

Jesus Training The Twelve by Bill McLeod
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=23890&commentView=itemComments

Though many have not heard of this 93 year old saint, Paul Washer stated he was one of the godliest men he met in Canada.

Do give time to listen to this message.

2012/8/1 22:21Profile
HeartSong

Oh LORD . . . the angels are rejoicing in heaven. Maybe we will all be together soon.

2012/8/2 1:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is more information about the funeral service for those interested in going: http://www.revivalfellowship.com/index.cfm?i=14083&mid=12&id=27691

I encourage the saints to share a short note with the family if his ministry was a blessing to you. The email is on that link.

2012/8/2 2:06Profile
staff

Re:

Hi All,
I just wanted to bump this up again in case you missed this very important 3minute Youtube clip.This is well worth a listen ,Yours Staff

Here is a short clip of him in his study: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxx9HxoaHpc "The one thing we are missing is pentecost" - Bill Mcleod

2012/8/5 18:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy