SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Waiting: sworn enemy of the flesh.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Waiting: sworn enemy of the flesh.

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

It just occurred to me, how much of life is waiting, and how much I squirm, beg and fanagle through the whole process.
We all have things in our life that are pending, some of these things are even heart rending needs for those we love.
Waiting for these thing can be hard.
But GOD gives as a promise in the midst of the waiting. He quietly works a great thing in us before He answers the burden of our hearts. He Gives us strength to endure the delay, and this strength is a mighty strength: a magestic flight, a empowered run, a protected journey....and when we look back, we praise Him as much for the wait as the answer.

2012/7/29 9:40

Re: Waiting: sworn enemy of the flesh.

To add one thing:
I was reading this bible story ...have you ever pondered this....

The king is speaking...
25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

26 Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!”

They were walking around in the furnace withe the Angel of God...they did not come running out to tell the King "look, we are unharmed!" They waited with God...and when His purpose was accomplished, then they left.

Our furnace does not harm us...but sometimes we must endure it...our dross to remove, our gold to refine. And, where else but in our furnace are we closer to Him? What's our hurry!

2012/7/29 10:52

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy