SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Open Doors President absolutely convinced that persecution will come to America

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Open Doors President absolutely convinced that persecution will come to America

The church in America is no longer simply in a slumber when it comes to its lack of awareness about the persecuted church in the Middle East; it is in a "diabetic coma," says the leader of a persecution watchdog group in the U.S.
"For years we've said wake up and strengthen what remains," Open Doors USA President and CEO Dr. Carl Moeller told The Christian Post in an exclusive interview.

"We would think of the American church as a napping church and that we would elbow it and it would wake up and rouse itself and do something.
"In my mind today, the picture I have is a church in a diabetic coma that has gorged itself on the sweets of affluence, materialism, and the idolatry of worshipping the materialistic world. That diabetic coma is now life threatening. We as a church are at the point of death – not the church in the Middle East. We are the ones who can no longer rouse ourselves to even pray for an hour on behalf of things that God would have us pray for."

Moeller said he has been working with Open Doors for almost 10 years to bring an awareness of "the suffering church to the American church conscience."
"Revelation 3:4 says, 'Wake up, and strengthen what remains about to die.' For 50-plus years Open Doors has taken that verse as a motive to wake the church in the West up and to motivate them to go and strengthen what remains in the Body of Christ that is about to die in those places where the church is suffering," he explained. "It's always been a case where we talked about waking the church up in the West, but also serving the church that is in utter persecution."

However, Moeller now believes that even the "cataclysmic events that are going on around the world today" have not awakened the church in the West.

"The American church is now on a death spiral to final unconsciousness," he said. "If we were to say what is the insulin that the church needs desperately to wake up from its diabetic coma, it's to understand that the lies of a materialistic culture are not true. We need a dose of truth and the truth is found in the persecuted Christians' experience with Christ. They are the ones that know that despite all the attempts of the enemy to destroy the church, persecution only serves to strengthen the true faith of believers. That's the message the American church needs to know and learn."

He said he is absolutely convinced that persecution will come to America "because we have left God no option."

"One of the greatest tools of the enemy is to make the church in America and the Western world numb to the cries and suffering to people around the world," he explained.

"As a result of the church being unconscious, the enemy is going to invade. The enemy is going to destroy our family, our lives, our culture, and our freedoms. Once those things are taken away then maybe the church will rouse itself because in persecution the church inevitably does become more aware of what has been taken away from it in terms of freedoms."

Moeller said he hopes and prays that the current state of the church in the U.S. does not become a permanent disability.

"I want nothing more of a church that is simply entertaining," he said. "I want a church that is prepping people for the inevitable battle that is raging all around us spiritually."

from: http://www.christianpost.com/news/us-church-remains-in-coma-despite-cataclysmic-events-in-middle-east-says-watchdog-78887/

2012/7/27 22:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: US Church Remains in 'Coma' Despite Cataclysmic Events in Middle East,

This is a powerful interview where Dr. Carl Moeller shares his burden for the Church in America. We are privileged to have him as a speaker at the conference on coming persecution this year in Atlanta: http://sermonindex2012.eventbrite.ca/

2012/7/27 22:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
He said he is absolutely convinced that persecution will come to America "because we have left God no option."

"One of the greatest tools of the enemy is to make the church in America and the Western world numb to the cries and suffering to people around the world," he explained.

"As a result of the church being unconscious, the enemy is going to invade. The enemy is going to destroy our family, our lives, our culture, and our freedoms. Once those things are taken away then maybe the church will rouse itself because in persecution the church inevitably does become more aware of what has been taken away from it in terms of freedoms."

Moeller said he hopes and prays that the current state of the church in the U.S. does not become a permanent disability.

This article is a must read!

2012/7/28 15:29Profile

Re:

I realize that credibility is only from Jesus himself. But when Dr Carl Moeller weighs in on persecution coming to America than one has to listen. As director of one of the mist influential ministries who help the persecuted church, his words should not be taken lightly.

Read the article and agree with his assessment of the American church. At this point I wonder if CPR can save her.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/28 16:12
DBen

Western NY, USA

Re: Open Doors President absolutely convinced that persecution will come to America

While I certainly don't want to stand against this coming prediction, I do want to warn that we need to be careful that we aren't lulled into the idea that God will send persecution, or a great awakening prior to His dealing with the church. We NEED to remember that nations, and people, are "given over" by God throughout history and that He is capable of doing that in the West and in most cases, by the testimony evidenced, has done that already. So, people are given over to their idolatry, their lusts, their covetousness, their apathy, is something that we are seeing now. That is God's judgment and we need to be wise not to forget that.

So, please don't sit idle thinking that God will make it clear through persecution that His judgement is coming, as His judgment has already begun.

We need to get and stay sober....

Ephesians 5:14-21 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Romans 13:11-14 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

2012/7/30 11:28Profile

Re:

David your point is well taken. I believe according to the last part of Romans 1 America has been given up to judgement as a nation. That judgement being given over to her carnal desires.

But the issue is the church. The believing church vested with the gospel has failed to be the witness of Jesus to America. Thus it will be persecution that will awaken and refine her to be that holy and pure bride God desires her to be.

This is what I believe Dr. Moeller is raising in his article.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/30 12:09
DBen

Western NY, USA

Re:

Yes, understood and I appreciate your reply, specifically the gentleness that you show in it.

I agree with what you are saying, however, I do believe the risk is present within the church as well. The warning must still be given that there are many unfortunate believers that are being duped into a carnal "Christianity" being the norm, and they are missing the exhortation given to the church by Christ and in all the epistles that we must continue in the faith, be found spotless, remove ourselves from those that are worldly, etc.

It is in this area that the church is being given over, and there are real believers being swept into this quagmire of worldliness and compromise. They are not preparing, they are not cleansing themselves, seeking the grace of God that they would become a peculiar people zealous of good works. This too is purging. When / if persecution comes (and I too believe it will) it will not find their faith ready, them walking strongly with Christ, or able to stand by grace as they have not learned to walk in it up to that point. That brings me fear.

My plea is to all those that first have ears, that they would hear, and those that are teaching that they would seriously start to prepare those that are listening to them.

Blessings.

2012/7/30 13:41Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

When it comes to persecution in America, Christian need to be careful not to have a persecution complex and not to begin bragging about being persecuted. I am sure those who are persecuted in Jesus' Name aren't going around bragging about it. I think we need to just recognize when it is here and prepare for whenever it might happen to you. Otherwise just carry on with daily life.

2012/7/30 14:09Profile

Re:

David you are right on. Let us pray that he that has an ear. Let him hear what the Spirit us saying to the church in America.

Much blessing,

Bearmaster.

2012/7/30 14:40
proudpapa

Re: Open Doors President absolutely convinced that persecution will come to America

bump.

I was researching North Korea which lead me to the open doors website, and while I was researching about open doors, I ran across this thread. I am feeling a burden for the persecuted church like never before.

2013/2/19 0:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy