SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Parabke From a Gulag

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A Parabke From a Gulag

Back in the days of Stalin. Four men of faith were imprisoned and sent to the frozen waste of Siberia. One man was a Catholic priest, the other an Orthodox priest, the other was a baptist pastor, and the other was a Pentecostal preacher. These met each other in the mines and factories they were required to work in. The men recognizing they had been imprisoned for their faith and stand for Jesus found much joy and encouragement in one another's fellowship. The men would pray together. Recite scripture from memory. Sing Russian hymns from memory. Share faith with one another. These men would share Jesus the other prisoners. They would give food out of tbeir food packets to those who had no food

The witness of these four brothers did not go unnoticed. Whereas the other prisoners and even the guards loved and respected these men. The camp commander got permission to execute these men

It was said that on the final night before these men were to be shot. These men were rejoicing and praising God. They knew they were to be with Jesus the next day. They were not arguing doctrine or the particulars of tbeir faith. Their hearts were full of Jesus.

The next day they were executed. It was said their faces were full of joy. Yes, one was a Catholic, the other Orthodox, the other baptist, the ofher Pentecostal. In God's eyes they were martyrs for Jesus. For they were brothers in Christ.

To be continued.......

Bearmaster

2012/7/27 9:17
MaryJane

Re: A Parabke From a Gulag

The next day they were executed. It was said their faces were full if joy. Yes, one was a Catholic, the other Orthodox, the other baptist, the ofher Pentecostal. In God's eyes they were martyrs for Jesus. For they were brothers in Christ.

Greetings

reading over the last part here has left me with some questions...

God Bless
maryjane

2012/7/27 9:24Profile

Re:

Mary Jane,

It is said persecution strips away all of the nonessentials as to what is really important. Or shall I say Who is really important. That being Jesus. Look at the parse in that way and your questions should be answered.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/27 9:36
MaryJane

Re:

by bearmaster on 2012/7/27 3:36:32

Mary Jane,

It is said persecution strips away all of the nonessentials as to what is really important. Or shall I say Who is really important. That being Jesus. Look at the parse in that way and your questions should be answered.

Bearmaster.

I understand your heart but there is real danger in how this last part is written, that being that those who live their life professing the RCC once this life has passed will go to be with JESUS. If a person dies believing the lies of the RCC teaching since so much of their faith and belief is based in the church traditions itself equally with CHRIST and their faith and trust is placed on Mary as well as JESUS they are worshiping false gods and not the one true GOD. I have already lost one parent to this false belief system and my mother who clings to it is getting older daily. Time is short and while I understand what you attempt to share with your story, there are those who are dying and going to hell because they were deceived into believing the lies of the RCC. IF at anytime a Catholic repents, turns away from the lies and false teachings of the Catholic church and seeks JESUS only then of course there is life but with out that the Catholic is no different then the Mormon. Both are false and pagan religions of men.

I don't know what took place between the men in your story so I will not say anything to it except to say that there is real danger in implying that one who is a Roman Catholic professing and believing all their lies and false teaching until the very end of life will see glory and be with GOD.

I won't post any more to your thread, I do not want to hijack it any further. This is a difficult subject for me, I weep as I think of my dad and my beloved mother if she will not repent.

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/27 9:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy