SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Missions Ideas for a church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dvndsn

Kentucky

Missions Ideas for a church

I am on my church's Missions Committee and am seeking out ideas other churches incorporate to either 1) Actively involve their members in missions, or 2) Raise awareness of both missions in general and the missions events occurring in our church.

We are sending a team overseas soon (of which I am apart of), and plan on having a "sending off" ceremony, and a "coming home" ceremony. We had a "Missions Emphasis Weekend" earlier in the year that had about 80 people attend, but with a population of around 500 I see that as a drop in the bucket. We are also starting a missions newsletter "column" that will appear in our church's monthly bulletin.

My church has had a great heart for giving for missions in the past, but not so much going on mission themselves. I recently joined the committee and seeing the state of my church as it is, I am disappointed. What can I do to get people weeping for the lost and yearning for missions?

2012/7/26 21:03Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re: Missions Ideas for a church

Maybe I should open my question up a bit... What does your church do to raise awareness of local and foreign missions? Do they have a missions newsletter? If so what kinds of articles do they feature in it? Does your church bring in missionaries to speak on behalf of an organization or other missionaries?

2012/7/28 18:11Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Seems to me when we think of missions it is always another country when our country is dying on the inside as well. Many people are intriguing about going to other countries to do missions but why not travel to the other side of the country and do missions?

2012/7/28 18:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy