SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Last days preparations . ..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ET101

Last days preparations . ..

I have a lot of unease and trepidation in even approaching this subject. Yet, I believe God may be saying to believers to start getting creatively/imaginatively prepared for the persecution to come.

It might mean things like organising and preparing clusters of nearby communities and means of communicating and fellowshipping.

Is anyone else hearing anything similar from God?

2012/7/26 1:19Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Last days preparations . ..

Amen. This is something clearly I have heard from the Spirit. That is why the theme for a conference this year is: THE CHURCH AND COMING PERSECUTION - OCT 5-6, 2012 (ATLANTA, GA, USA): http://sermonindex2012.eventbrite.ca/

The brothers ministering at this event have had the same burden and I believe it would be well for many of the saints here to be at the event or tune in via simulcast locations or webcast.

I have also been prayerfully working with some other brothers on establishing a way to network home fellowships and encourage others to start their own home church fellowship in their area.

This is essentially almost none of the current established churches are in a place to handle persecution that will be coming. We must prepare and remember our enemy is never flesh and blood and that we are to love our enemies.

2012/7/26 1:36Profile
Tomo07

Australia

I have to agree with you both.

I have had it in the Spirit that persecution is coming for several months now. The Lord is telling me of a time that is coming and is very close. I feel the Lord is saying we must use this short time of grace to prepare ourselves for the coming days of persecution.

The Lord is going to seperate the "wheat from the chaff"
Persecution will certainly seperate the worldy christians from the Spirit filled christians.

We need to pray for the Lord to prepare us, building us in strength and faith that we can stand in our hour of trial.

I cannot stress enought on these points, Allthough I am in Australia, I believe this persecution is for the Western World, and Austraila is not immune.

Get Ready persecution is coming, remember however, He has promised...

"He will never leave us or forsake us".

in Christ Tomo07.

2012/7/26 5:51Profile
roadsign

Re:

This is a great topic. I would recommend the following cautions and approaches:

1. Rather than consider "last days" persecution as something which is coming, consider as something here and very much part of the contemporary lives of believers. It has been here for centuries. A futuristic focus reflects our centeredness in our own small world. And it reflects a thoughtlessness concerning our suffering brothers and sisters around the world. Consider this: If you were a Christian living in Iraq and you heard Western Christians overlook the contemporary presence of persecution, how would you feel? Also, a futuristic view may reflect our inability to consider those in our immediate surroundings who are suffering immensely because they have chosen Christ. We cannot measure the depth of suffering for our faith merely by external factors – but must consider what is going on in subtle ways too. If we ignore that reality, we will also deprive these brothers and sisters of the encouragement they need – and the love we owe them.

2) Read everything you can related to persecution. The Bible is a good place to start – because most of the writers were persecuted. Thessalonians is most helpful.

3) Read the stories of those who did endure persecution. A helpful read is “Faith Under Fire” by Andrew White – a Christian priest of an Anglican Church in Bagdad. Here was a leader and a congregation who were on fire for God – who were suffering intensely – and who were shining lights of faith in Jesus Christ. Voice of the Martyrs has many other selections.

4) Learn more about the nature of persecution, and its effects. We can get a rather overly narrow view – and see only the extremes.

5) Discover our calling from scripture. How are we to live in view of the reality that every believer will encounter resistance? Is the calling for a suffering believer different for one who is not? In the book of Thessalonians, you see one key word that gives an obvious clue. What is it?

….

2012/7/26 8:15Profile

Yep.
The Lord showed me some of these things 14 years ago right after I first got truly born again (right after I was filled with the Spirit).. Then, 3 years ago or so, it got urgent (the Spirit of God spoke to me walking up the stairs one day that "something big was coming and I am not ready" - I was complacent and backslidden) and we made major life changes as a family. We moved where our home fellowship community this past February (to a new state where the Lord sovereignty brought all of us), and the trumpet has REALLY began to sound again the last month or so, like an urgency is just around the corner. "Does God do anything except He first warn/speak through His prophets?" Also, the work the Holy Spirit has done in me, my family, and our local,home fellowship lately has been amazing. I can only liken it to CLEP-ping out of college courses. The Lord has been doing speedy and amazing works in our midst lately and the outpouring of Grace has been from His hand. Like He is finishing all the work we need done in our lives/midst in quick fashion that only His Spirit's Grace can accomplish. Like He's preparing us for what is ahead by growth in areas that was somewhat "stunted", but He has empowered and put in overdrive, if that makes sense?

GREAT true revival is coming with this persecution. Be clear about that. But it's not the "awakening" type that America is accustomed to praying for. Those not truly filled with His Spirit won't even recognize it, at first at least. It will be more like how China's underground church revival started. He is going to return us to Himself, to the form and power of the early church, and is going to once again bring in true converts, as we literally lay down our lives for His sake. PTL!!!!!!!

We will begin to once again see all the tentacles of worldliness that have hold on us. We will once again cast out devils from the oppressed to set them free (already beginning to see that begin), and the gifts of the Holy Spirit will again be made manifest among a True New Testament Body Fellowship in the form/function God's Word laid out for us from the start. The roman model of the great harlot (& her Protestant "daughters") will be seen clearly for what she is - a whore who sells herself to the strange men of this world.

What is coming is overwhelming to the world and to the harlot church. They will betray the true bride for pieces of silver and to save their own skin. It will clearly be shown before all of heaven that they were never truly "of us" to begin with. Yet, the bride will pray for them that persecute her, that betray her, and that despite fully use her. Some will turn to Christ through this witness. Many will not. Men will wax worse and worse. All the demons that hide in people in this western culture of peace and prosperity will bubble to the surface and be made manifest. The undiscerning will be victims. God's Bride who has been allowing God to purge and purify her NOW in the inner man, will understand. No amount of prophetic warning/declaration will truly prepare the man/woman who is not letting God deal COMPLETELY with the inner man now. Time is short. Truly the threshing floor is before us. May the Lamb of God who was slain before the foundation of the earth receive the Glory due His name.

2012/7/26 9:23
pilgrim777

Quote:
It might mean things like organising and preparing clusters of nearby communities and means of communicating and fellowshipping.

The thing about walking by the Spirit is that what is happening is that the Holy Spirit is actually LEADING you so you don't have to try to figure out what to do next. We don't walk by "guessing".

So, the best way to prepare for persecution, which can happen right now, everyday to you (in your family, workplace, other "christians", Devil, etc), is to learn to abide in Him and hear His voice.

It does not matter how much you lean upon your own understanding and PREPARE for things in the future, if you don't know how to be led by the Spirit and follow your Shepherd.

Pilgrim

2012/7/26 10:34Profile

Dear Friend,

I have attended a fellowship for 30 years, and Dr. Robert B. Thompson (some of his sermons are posted on this site) has preached that Christians will indeed go through the tribulation - not be raptured up. Other sermons and his books are free from his site: www.wor.org. He endured much persecution from the denomination and others for going against the pre-trib rapture.

Having said that, the Mod made an excellent suggestion and I registered for the seminar they are offering for practical helps.

God has been preparing my family for many years for this. It's important to be in a fellowship, but it's also important to have an intimate relationship with the Lord in the event that gatherings are no longer possible, to hear directly from God. Further, I had a dream recently that "False Christians" will be a great danger to us, selling us out because they won't relinquish their will. Prayer for wisdom, discernment, and hearing from the Lord will be very important to protect your family. If you read through some of the threads on this site, some of the posters are in that company, and that's just a foretaste.

But remember, you don't have to fear. Relinquish your will, take up your cross, and follow Jesus. He can feed you by Ravens if need be. The Apostle Paul is an inspiration and leader that we can look to in times of tribulation.

You can finish the race! And hear the precious words, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

2012/7/26 10:39

Re:

I wrote an email I sent out this morning I feel applied here:

I have often wondered, and prayed about, how the coming persecution will come. I certainly haven't gotten all the answers from the Lord, but some sense of some things. One is that Islam will grow in power in America and around the world and infiltrate all levels of government, both here and globally. I've wondered, "but how Lord?" we already see some of that with the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into high levels of US govt. It's accepted, and attempted to be hidden/protected. Sharia Law is getting cited in our courts now from city municipalities, to state courts, and even reference statements as high as the Supreme Court so the US.

Islam seems to get a free pass for all of the things hat Christianity gets crucified for. Why is that? Is it because we don't have the right man in office in DC? No. Is it because we don't stand up enough for our rights and take this country back like the founders intended? No. Is it because of the illuminati? Well, while Satan has several different "avenues" of influence and power over this world for now, the answer is still ultimately, no. See, the Lord has blinded people in high places and caused a stupor to come over the people. It's a blindness that can cause people to defend the rights of openly homosexual people and attack basic rights of Christians just to read from God's Word. It's a stupor that causes Islam to get a pass, even support, for their demonic injustices against all things infidel, and attack Christians just for reading God's Word verbatim. That's why Jesus said, - do not be surprised if they hate you, for it is not really you they hate but me and my word.

Part of the judgement coming upon America is this very "illogical" attack and singling out of believers and defending of all of heathen, idolatrous, immoral, and Islamic doctrines. The CEO of Chick-Fil-A just said that God's design Biblically is for one man and one woman to be married for life and that "Gay marriage" is against God's design for the family. Ram Emmanuel just said - this is not the Chicago way, does not reflect our values, and should not be tolerated in our communities. City councils approving permits are stopping new Chick-Fil-A's from opening there and even citing "traffic congestion & parking issues" to avoid legal defense issues. Well, also this week, Rham freely invited Lewis Farrakhan and the Fruits of Islam militant presence to come into the streets of Chicago and help "police against Crime" (& I'm sure proselytize the violent-gang black community where it is already strong and growing).

Well, the Nation of Islam, and particularly this branch is violent. It's not only violent, but extremely "inclusive". Not only do they honk homosexuality is wrong, but they believe homosexuals should be killed for their acts. Wait a minute. Christians just want them to repent and they need to get out, but Islam thinks they should die and we open the gates to Islam? This is a manifestation of the judgement of God. Hey have been given over to a reprobate mind and Islam is going to infiltrate the world's governments at an alarming rate.

I know Sean has always had a burning from God to minister to Muslims. Soon, we won't have to go "over there" for that. They will be here in numbers not before seen. I had a dream about Muslims (running for my life from them) when I was about 12-13 that I still remember clear as day. We are going to be living and ministering in a different climate entirely very soon, I believe. The time is short and it's time to let the Lord deal completely with each of us in our inner man. I know we all kinda know this, but I felt led to write this to exhort you that the time is short.

We need to surrender all today and allow the Holy Spirit to fill us to overflowing. If you're not sure if you've been baptized/filled with the Holy Spirit (or are sure you haven't), I encourage you to search the scriptures and seek the Lord about this matter today. I've met many who "weren't sure about all that" and didn't know if that was really for them or not. They had never believed for it by faith and so had never received from the Lord (because He won't force on us what we have no faith for). But, people who have had it, know it. You can't take it away from them. I'm not trying to get into the "is it necessary for salvation" debate. I'm telling you that you don't want to live as a follower of Christ without it in the days ahead. Ministry/Walks of human strength (even the greatest ones) will not be enough to sustain us in the trials coming.

Just like the story of Josiah yesterday. He was awesome as a follower of Jehovah and a king who smashed down all the idols, but he died in a battle he never should have been in because his discernment and spiritual maturity wasn't there. Just like the disciples. They were stories of success and failure over and over before Pentecost. Peter was the greatest example. The harder he tried, the dumber he looked and the more he overshot the Lord and failed, before Pentecost. He was a man on fire, full of the Holy Ghost, prophet to Israel, and a man who asked to be crucified upside down, not worthy to die as His Lord. What a difference the filling of the Holy Spirit makes. The Lord's Spirit can do in us and through us in days what we can't do in our greatest strength in years. Plus, discernment that we MUST have in the days to come and POWER in ministry that we must have in the days to come, will not be ours in the greatest of natural efforts. You can have the Bible memorized, have 20 years of serving God under your belt, believe God, and serve Him to the best of your ability/knowledge, and have had several times of refreshing in the Lord's presence in prayer/worship in the days ahead, but without the filling of the HOly Spirit's Baptism, you will be yielding a knife at a gun fight. If you're Certain you have been baptized/filled, with the Holy Spirit, maybe you need a "refill"-ing? I know I did. I think we do consistently. Just like needing your feet washed as you walk through this dirty world, though your head is always clean if you've been washed by the Lord.

I say these things not to push a theology or to argue a doctrinal point, but to encourage you to seek the Lord for the promise that is ours in Christ. Just truly seek the Lord about this matter. He Will never lead you wrong. All the promises of God are yes and amen in Him. Jesus said "after that the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you will receive power to become witnesses for me". It's my understanding that the word "witnesses" here is the same word as "martyrs". Meditate on that for a minute. You see, we must become martyrs NOW first and show that we are willing to DIE DAILY now for Christ. If we are not doing that, don't think you will suddenly receive some power to die as a martyr "then". If you can't die to worldliness, church-ianity, immorality, tv, self, idolatry, "hobbies", sports, and other even more "petty" stuff now (small things), what makes you think you will be able to die to self when a sword is laid to your neck? And your wife's? And your children's? "If you weary with the footmen, what will you do when the horsemen come?"

These are things to meditate on, pray about, search the Word of God on, and resolve in your heart NOW. Time is short. I know it is. I don't know how short, but I know there is an urgency in the Spirit. Grab ahold of God by His Word/promises, and don't let go until He blesses you. If you know you are walking 100% in the light, with a totally clean conscience, nothing hindering you, and walking in power to overcome all, you can ignore this (though you will be encouraged by it), but if not, take heed. God in His mercy and compassion is giving us time now, but no man knows the day nor the hour which will overcome him as a thief in the night. Don't be caught like that. Seek Him now while He may be found with a lamp full of oil that can give light when it's time to run into the bridegroom's feast. It will be too late to "borrow oil for others" once the trumpet fully sounds. Lord have mercy on us all.
   In Him,
         Jeff

2012/7/26 11:48
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have attended a fellowship for 30 years, and Dr. Robert B. Thompson (some of his sermons are posted on this site) has preached that Christians will indeed go through the tribulation - not be raptured up. Other sermons and his books are free from his site: www.wor.org. He endured much persecution from the denomination and others for going against the pre-trib rapture.

Dear Sister,

Perhaps your church in Escondido, CA would signup to be a simulcast location? the info is here: http://img.sermonindex.net/pdf/broadcastlocation1.pdf

2012/7/26 12:36Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
I have also been prayerfully working with some other brothers on establishing a way to network home fellowships and encourage others to start their own home church fellowship in their area.

Hi Greg,

I posted about this awhile back and really didn't get much of a response to the thread so I thought that there was no interest.

I know of a piece of software that makes this easy through a website, I have the technical skills necessary to set it up but beyond that I have no clue.

The need was recognized when I was looking for a New Covenant modeled church, it dawned on me that there could very well be one one block away from my house and I would not know it. The vision was to provide a place where people could network with other churches and other fellowships AND let people know where they were as well. This way if I went to Toronto on business for 6 weeks (for example), I could look online and get some info regarding likeminded fellowships there that I could visit (house churches, small fellowships, etc.).

If you want to talk more about it, please email me at the email address in my profile.

Much love!

2012/7/26 12:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy