SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : You....It's all about You

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

You....It's all about You

You know I have been listening and reading J. Edwin Orr's sermons/writings. And he seems to stress that revival (defined by him as the changing of attitudes) needs to start in God's people. That means I pray...You and I and maybe not in that order of revival. Nothing seems to be more the need of here than Revival. We need our attitudes about following after Christ and being like him on this earth. We need to pray, love, compassion, long suffering....the fruits of the spirit.

Even on here...the recent entries are full of sin. People talking bad about others, admitting not to praying, not to tithing like they should and still they go about doing Nothing more about it. This site encourages me more to pray for a Revival when I see person after person jumping on the band wagon posts to add their sins on top of the others. I think they feel they need to belong and/or feel better than they really are spiritually. I just do not see anyone praising God from being edified after reading ..."did you hear that Mr. So and so the minister did this and that and he ain't no reason Christian...why I heard he did this sin and that...." .... gossiping and sinning....did anyone ever praise God for the spiritual edification from such sins?

It's wise when you read a post of someone's on here to check their profile and see if they have posted the same kind of messages before. Usually when you find one person stirring up trouble once they are doing again and again. Those that are cutting down one person are usually doing it to others and having the pride to name names. These kinds of people need more prayer than it seems initially. Let us not allow the TV and the world to continue to make us more brass and not be sensitive to the needs of others....prayer changes things.....i guess that is what is meant by Mr. Orr....revival. And I for one need to be more sensitive to pray immediately apond seeing this cry of the person's heart.

You...can make a difference....you can pray for me that I do not let these sins continue ever in my life. Your prayers...the prayers of the upright....are a delight to God. Let us all examine our own hearts for sin and ask God to examine our own heart for sin....repent of it...and give glory to God. Then to pray for one another that Revival will take place. How great will be the salvation of lost souls when they see the so called "Christians" really be Christians and they see Jesus on the earth!!!

I am so grateful to the downloaded messages on this site and the learning lessons this site provides. Will You please Pray more?

God delights in the prayers of the upright in heart.

PJ

2005/2/17 8:22
lastblast

Michigan

Re: You....It's all about You

Quote:
Usually when you find one person stirring up trouble once they are doing again and again. Those that are cutting down one person are usually doing it to others and having the pride to name names. These kinds of people need more prayer than it seems initially.

We all need MORE prayer. Some "weak/immature" areas are manifest for all to see, some are "hidden", but we all have them----that is why we are called to pray for one another, be gentle and kindly affectioned to one another. I am greatly encouraged on this site that although at times people get frustrated with one another, the realization hits: we ALL have dark areas, we all have areas which need growth and revelation and the pack dog(us "spiritual people" vs. the "carnal/mean spirited person") mentality does not prevail here. We all have said things we regretted later on in our zeal. Thankfully, there are those Christians which walk in a gentle spirit who see our "dark" areas and love us anyways---in gentle, kind rebuke. We must always remember, even in our differences, we are ONE................and if we belong to Him, He IS doing a work........Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

2005/2/17 9:46Profile

Re:

amen to that!

2005/2/17 13:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy