SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : “Obstacles and problems are a part of life."

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

“Obstacles and problems are a part of life."

A thought i read recently: “Obstacles and problems are a part of life. True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience, and to learn. Perhaps the most basic principle of spiritual life is that our problems are the best places to practice keeping our hearts open.... Certainly, some problems need to be solved. Many others, however, are problems we create for ourselves by struggling to make our life different than it actually is. If you spend less time running away from your problems and trying to rid yourself of them—and more time accepting as an inevitable, natural, even important part of life—you will soon discover that life can be more of a dance and less of a battle.”

As I read this thought that another shared I found myself shaking my head and agreeing. I believe FATHER is showing me that I need to stop running and start trusting. GOD knows what is best for me and all the struggling that I do only makes things that much more difficult.

God Bless
mj

2012/7/24 10:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy