SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Leave church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Keylla

Brazil

Leave church

My church has good practces such confess sin, discipleship, holiness before marriage, rebuke Brother in sin. It was the most serious church that i found to atend in Brazil... But some thing i dont agree like: if someone comes remarried they say they should leave the second wife and children if they had. They also teach that God does not choose spouse to anyone since Adan blamed God for giving him Eve. They believe batism is not symbol only, we receive there the Holy Spirit. They alow people drink alcohoLic beverages.
Should all these bein considerd false teaching and a reason to leave that church or can I be a real christian even under leader that teach these wrong things?

2012/7/23 22:03Profile
learn

Re: Leave church

Hi Keylla,

I will bump this thread up for you so that those with more experience will notice this thread and can help answer your questions complete with scriptures.

I can say however, that you need to also pray and ask God whether this church is for you and if not which church should you go to.

Its never good to be under false teaching as it will stunt your Christian growth. Your growth is very important to God and will help you greatly in strengthening your faith and walk with Him especially in times of difficultie.

ETA: You can also download sermons here to help in your Christian growth. I personally like Paul Washer, John MacArthur, K P Yohannan among others.

2012/7/24 17:37Profile
Myst

Saludos Keylla,

I know that you will always have your first love be with your heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Depend on the Spirit of God to be your teacher, guide, and strength.

In every church there will be a mix of good and bad, so the Spirit of God gives us the gift of discernment. You must, and will, learn to take that which is precious and leave that which is vile.

In whatever church you attend, you be a source of light, love, and truth. Guard your heart. Find those with a spirit like yours, and fellowship closely with others who place love and godliness first.

You might consider a home church, where you and the others are forced to participate because of the very nature of being a small group. You will know each other, help and love each other, and strive to know our Father and His ways. Your agenda will be building the kingdom of God, rather than building your own kingdom (a big church).

Commune with Him daily, and He will be there for you, regardless of the church you attend.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him.

1 John 2:27 Y en cuanto a vosotros, la unción que recibisteis de El permanece en vosotros, y no tenéis necesidad de que nadie os enseñe; pero así como su unción os enseña acerca de todas las cosas, y es verdadera y no mentira, y así como os ha enseñado, permanecéis en El.

2012/7/25 2:30Profile
Keylla

Brazil

Re:

Hello.
Thank youso much, your advice is good and make me rest like Jesus words. Yes, we have small groups that meet at homes and i have wonderful friends there that help me spiritualy, then God reminded me that His churh are people not denominations. Just like you said.
And i think the most important is to preach Jesus and what He have done for us so we can be save. They preach our lord Jesus at least. I shall remain. Thank you both for your help. God bless you.
Ps. I dont speak spanish lol, Brazil speaks portugues....it was kind you tried to speak my language :) i strugle with english...

2012/7/25 6:13Profile

Quote:
My church has good practces such confess sin, discipleship, holiness before marriage, rebuke Brother in sin. It was the most serious church that i found to atend in Brazil... But some thing i dont agree like: if someone comes remarried they say they should leave the second wife and children if they had. They also teach that God does not choose spouse to anyone since Adan blamed God for giving him Eve. They believe batism is not symbol only, we receive there the Holy Spirit. They alow people drink alcohoLic beverages.

It is a sad fact that saints do as much harm to one another than the world manages to do sometimes. I have seen all of the teachings you have listed practised over many years in various forms. The two most pernicious teachings which you have listed are forced separation and ultimately legal divorce for those brethren who have been married before and baptismal regeneration.

Receiving the Holy Spirit at baptism is just another form of saying that a person is born again at baptism. This is a lie and should be rejected. However, the only real issue regarding fellowship should be an issue of life. Those in leadership must be born again. If they are, then you have a basis for fellowship. If they are taking their stand on a doctrine of baptism you need to discern whether they are really born again. You also need to realise that the list of positive teachings at the beginning of your post can and are practised by many people. They are not proof of life. The difficulty with baptismal regeneration is easily settled. Ask to hear the testimony of conversion of any man or woman. If they cant give one or include baptism by water without a preceding revelation of Christ crucified for sin, then I would personally reject those leaders.

As for forcing men and women to abandon children and partners to a doctrine I would make your case and if you are resisted to the point of being persecuted for your concerns then commit the matter to the Father in heaven and leave. It is a wicked thing to deliberately force families apart for the sake of a doctrine which is not an issue of life. As for God deciding not to chose a spouse for one of His children since Adam blamed God for choosing Eve......well its nonsense of course. Firstly Adam didn't blame God and secondly God isn't that small that He should run from an accusation.

I have to say that your church sounds as though it is on the brink of becoming a cult. Taken together the "Adam blamed God" and the "forced" abandonment of children etc, is just the beginning of a common theme of destruction which Satan himself is ever willing to provoke. It has nothing to do with God however. Who never seeks to abandon or destroy those Who take His Name.

2012/7/25 7:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy