SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : By what authority?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Leave it out

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
according to Matt. anyone who divorces another without the cause of adultery as justification and then marries another commits adultery against the former spouse, AND does so unrepentently for the rest of their lives (as long as they remain married to the second.)

Lets just ignore that passage. 8-)

Gee, talk about taking the fifth left after the second right after the first bend. :-?

2005/2/18 10:43Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

You know it seems to me (I may be wrong and if so PLEASE correct me on this)Bubbaguy that you are constantly trying to stir up some mess on one part of the forum or another. attempting to vex our spirits by your foolishness. You know the truth, and yet you try ever so hard to discredit it. In Hebrews says that the bible is sharper than ANY two-edged sword, which cuts and separates joints from marrow, soul and spirit and even discerns the deepest intents of the hearts of men. You heart is not set on God your heart is set on dicrediting Him which is what the enemy is trying to do. The enemy is upon you and using you to spew his venom to poison some of the believers. If you do not realize this and adress it accordingly it will cost you your soul and that is the bottom line. it's up to you Bub

2005/2/18 12:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
You know it seems to me (I may be wrong and if so PLEASE correct me on this)Bubbaguy that you are constantly trying to stir up some mess on one part of the forum or another. attempting to vex our spirits by your foolishness. You know the truth, and yet you try ever so hard to discredit it. In Hebrews says that the bible is sharper than ANY two-edged sword, which cuts and separates joints from marrow, soul and spirit and even discerns the deepest intents of the hearts of men. You heart is not set on God your heart is set on dicrediting Him which is what the enemy is trying to do. The enemy is upon you and using you to spew his venom to poison some of the believers. If you do not realize this and adress it accordingly it will cost you your soul and that is the bottom line. it's up to you Bub

Wow... yea... what IRONMAN said... I'm down with that.

Krispy

2005/2/18 12:48
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
according to Matt. anyone who divorces another without the cause of adultery as justification and then marries another commits adultery against the former spouse, AND does so unrepentently for the rest of their lives (as long as they remain married to the second.)

I think you need to read this again and think about it before jumping to conclusions based on your personal interpretations. The Matthew 5 and 19 passages are much more intricate than you are giving them credit for.

Shall I keep on asking this next question until you answer it, or are you going to come out into the open and admit that you have no intention of answering it?

Jake, was Jesus Christ "God come in human form"? I suspect that you are believing in deification of the human, rather than incarnation of the divine. Why not put me out of my suspense and answer the question?

2005/2/18 13:16Profile

Re:

Ron asks:

Jake, was Jesus Christ "God come in human form"?

Ron, Absolutely, yes. Jake

2005/2/18 14:25
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

I just call it like I see it...we don't have time to be messing around with or wasting. We ALL need to get right with God or we have big problems...something is on the verge of happenning, things are moving and shaking in the spiritual realm...keep watch

2005/2/18 15:06Profile

Re:

... I've got my popcorn.

Oh, and my Quaker oatmeal too... I'm ready!

Krispy

2005/2/18 15:12
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
Ron asks:Jake, was Jesus Christ "God come in human form"?

Ron, Absolutely, yes. Jake;

So this must be incarnation. Not the man Jesus developing into deity, but God becoming incarnate in a moment of time within the womb of Mary. Now how could this possibly occur without a virgin birth?

2005/2/18 15:25Profile

Re:

You know God can do anything, Ron. He didn't even need Mary for this purpose, but could have produced Him out of thin air.

My problem with the virgin birth is a big, SO WHAT? I'm not impressed.

Several religious figures throughout history have been claimed by adherents to be born of a virgin. Kirshna, for one. This is clearly a practice that religions used to beef up their claims about their spiritual leaders supposed diety.

SO, it doesn't matter one way or another. Its not something I hang my faith on.

Bub

2005/2/18 16:00
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
You know God can do anything, Ron. He didn't even need Mary for this purpose, but could have produced Him out of thin air.

This shows you have no idea of the nature of substitution and the kinsman redeemer. He could not have produced him out of thin air because he would not then have been our kinsman and consequently would have been disqualified as our substitute. But then you don't believe in penal substitutionary atonement either do you?

If Christ was not virgin born who was his father? You are faced with one of two blasphemies. The record is very plain that Mary was not married so either he was Joseph's bastard or his father is unknown and Mary a promiscuous disgrace. Which of these options do you prefer?

You show by your statements that you hold Christianity's documents to be no more reliable or inspired than those of demonic origin. How can you compare the abomination of Krishna with the Holy Son of God?

2005/2/18 17:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy