SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : By what authority?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
You misunderstand. The Bible is the word of God as recorded by fallible men (and women) and handed down through the ages.

Youre right I don't understand, which is it the word of God (God cannot lie) or is it the word of fallible men?

Quote:

What Naylor speaks to on his death bed is the Inner Light of the Holy Ghost as foretold by Jesus.

With all due respect to Mister Naylor he only paints one picture of the Holy Spirit. Jesus' own words: And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:Jhn 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; Jhn 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Jhn 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Quote:

The collective experience of Quakers over the ages, represented by such testimonies, is a tribute to God's presence in the here and now.

That is not what I am disputing with you. My issue is how can you believe every spirit?

2005/2/17 16:34Profile

Re:

Sounds like old gnostic beliefs to me, y'all.

Krispy

2005/2/17 16:34

Re:

I dont want to see anyone knockin' the Quakers... they have really good oatmeal.

Krispy

2005/2/17 16:36
ZekeO

Re: Kellogs rival

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I dont want to see anyone knockin' the Quakers... they have really good oatmeal.

As a non American with a limited grasp of your culture, were they the ones who started that?

2005/2/17 16:40Profile

Re:

Ron, Naylor rode the donkey in imitation of Christ. A kind of demonstration to the religious authorities.

Fox was a great man and I have great respect for him. But he was a sinner as well.

Jesus was God on earth. This is mystery that no one can really comprehend. (limited minds and all) His perfect blood sacrifice offers redemtion for those who claim and believe it.

But the scriptures say, among other things that are clearly wrong, that anyone who divorces their spouse for any other cause than adultery will go to hell, no matter WHAT. NO POSSIBILITY OF SALVATION. ITS AN UNFORGIVABLE SIN!!!

Do you believe this?

Bub

2005/2/17 16:56
ZekeO

Thats heavy

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
But the scriptures say, among other things that are clearly wrong, that anyone who divorces their spouse for any other cause than adultery will go to hell, no matter WHAT. NO POSSIBILITY OF SALVATION. ITS AN UNFORGIVABLE SIN!!!

Do you believe this?

Well maybe I'm just lazy but I can't seem to find that verse anywhere in the bible that says that, so based upon my search, no I don't believe this. The capitals I presume are because you feel quite passionate about this. I mean 'unforgivable sin' thats harsh, whoever told you that it seems has brought a great weight upon you. And I mean that with all sincerity.

2005/2/17 17:09Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Some questions for you...

Quote:
Jake writes:

Which scripture is that?

Quote:
"Jesus was God on earth"

Jake, was Jesus Christ "God come in human form"?

Quote:
Ron, Naylor rode the donkey in imitation of Christ. A kind of demonstration to the religious authorities.

A demonstration of what?

2005/2/17 17:12Profile

Re:

according to Matt. anyone who divorces another without the cause of adultery as justification and then marries another commits adultery against the former spouse, AND does so unrepentently for the rest of their lives (as long as they remain married to the second.)

2005/2/18 9:40

Re:

Bubbaguy, I have found that discussing the Bible with you is harder than trying to nail Jell-o to the wall. You never stay on point, and once someone seemingly corners you on something you jump over to something else without finishing the other argument. Your arguments are all smoke screens. You'd make a great Jehovah's Witness!

I dont think you know what you believe. Your so bent on convincing yourself you're a believer without actually believing.

You've told me over and over again that Jesus is your savior, but I say that many shall come to Him on that day and say "Lord Lord...", and His response to them will be less that favorable.

You mock faith in the Bible, yet the Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God. You're not going to like this... but you are seriously deceived by your own intellect, and I am very concerned for your soul.

Krispy

2005/2/18 9:51

Re:

Quote:
As a non American with a limited grasp of your culture, were they the ones who started that?

LOL... no, there is a brand of oatmeal here in the good ol' US of A that is called "Quaker Oatmeal". I believe it's the top selling brand.

Personally... I prefer grits over oatmeal.

Excuse me while I run to Shoney's and get me some grits w/butter!

Krispy

2005/2/18 9:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy