SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Eritrea Call.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Eritrea Call.

This is an older article, about 2009. This is the country I have been called to; I leave soon. I am going alone, without contacts, as of now. I request prayer for grace in many areas.

Beyond sobering for me; you may imagine why. There is no recourse for arrest there for an American, scarce water and food supply, no cell or Internet...and civil order is minimal., with robberies and even murders of tourists. The only way in is across the waters that are plagued by the Somalian pirates we read of.....

I am going according to Matthew 10, and will trust an open door in a worthy home there.

I am going with respect to the Muslim and the Christian alike. I would like to visit the Prisons there, and minister to the inmates; many of our family. Sounds impossible? yes. I have considered raising funds to offer ransom too. [ Some have been released this way..] I accept no salary, someone else would handle this...[ anyone interested?]

Saying this, and perhaps I have said too much, I want this to be low key, and Jesus driven, as far as other men helping for obvious reasons; Al Quiada type people roam up North etc.

Please contact me @...if you want.
[email protected]

Please pray for me , as you are led. I want to glorify Jesus and shun presumption. Thank you all for your consideration in these matters. ........................................BT

"On December 5 government authorities arrived at a prayer meeting taking place in Asmara, the capital city of Eritrea. The thirty elderly women in attendance were arrested and taken to jail. Though the women were released ten days later, hundreds of Christians remain imprisoned in metal shipping containers, military barracks, and underground dungeons without proper sanitation and nutrition.

Eritrea is a small east African nation with a population of 5 million. It borders Ethiopia, Sudan, and the Red Sea. In 2002 the military government of President Isaias Afewerki outlawed all religious groups other than Muslims, Lutherans, Catholics, and Orthodox. Since then thousands of Christian members of unregistered churches have been put in jail and tortured for their faith.

One case that received international attention was that of Eritrean Christian singer, Helen Berhane. She was arrested and held for over two years, often in a metal shipping container, without ever being charged with a crime. Her captors severely beat her in an effort to force her to renounce her faith. The BBC reports:

Among the tortures she endured was the infamous "helicopter" position, in which the prisoner is placed face down with arms and legs tied behind the back.

After an international campaign, she was released in December 2006. She fled to Khartoum, Sudan before being granted asylum in Denmark.

2009 began with another wave of mass arrests as the Eritrean government continued to engage in systematic persecution. Prisoners are often brutally tortured in attempts to force them to recant their faith. Several died this year while in custody as a result of torture and a lack of proper medical care.

Over 3,000 Eritrean believers are still suffering in prison. Thousands more worship weekly with the knowledge they could be arrested at any time, and up to 500 a week flee to Sudan and Ethiopia (there are an estimated 160,000 Eritreans now living in Sudan). They need our prayers and support. You can sign an online petition calling on the Eritrean government to put an end to this persecution. For more information on persecution in Eritrea, see the July 2009 issue of Release.."

"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.”

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2009/12/29/pray-for-the-persecuted-church-in-eritrea/

http://d868225.ali166.dreamsedge.ie/node/291

2012/7/22 7:03

Re: Eritrea Call.

I am in need of prayer in this endeavor. It impossible; so to speak, without much , impossible grace for me to Go!
mercies!Brothertom [ Tom Watkins]

2012/7/24 9:44
MaryJane

Re:

Will continue to be in prayer for you.

God Bless
mj

2012/7/24 9:56Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

I have a few questions, so I'll send an email.

God bless.

2012/7/24 10:02Profile
learn

Re:

Will pray.

2012/7/24 18:00Profile

Re:

I'll be praying for sure.

2012/7/24 22:37

Brothertom's African trip......

Thank You! Maryjane, EverestoSama, and Learn....So much. I would like to establish contact with you as I move on to Africa, and I believe that prayer is very important.

Could you email me, and perhaps we could talk as things progress where the Net works.

[email protected]

2012/7/27 19:43
proudpapa

I will pray. We disagree on many topics but my Love Flows for you brother to the point of tears.

2012/7/27 21:08Profile

Re: Some Questions

Tom I am not one to stand in the way of God's call on their life. But the Lord has given us common sense. And to throw caution into the wind is foolish. And presumptuous. For one thing have you seen the U S Dept. of State travel advisories for that part if the world? Those advisories are given for a reason. It is not recommended nor safe for any American citizen to travel into that part of the world. You must know this as you have expressed the dangers associated with going there. I know of a missionary from that part if the world who lives in the U S . When he travels into that part of Africa he must take extra precautions. And this is a man who knows the language and customs of that region. And he pays close attention to the State Dept. Advisories.

Tom what do you know of Eritrea? What do you know of the geopolitical situation there? What do you know of the church there? Do you know who the dictator is? Do you know what the capital of Eritrea is? Do you know the names of those who were martyred there?

I asked you if you could weep for Eritrea? Do you identify with the suffering saints there? Do you write letters to the Eritrean embassy
pleading for the release of Eritrean believers? Brother does Eritrea burn in your heart?

What can you do in Eritrea that the church is not doing for itself. There are people and groups that know the region who are quietly assisting the church their. What do you think you can do not knowing that region.

But Tom what troubles me is the attitude you reflect in your post. I have seen you trash a servant of God who was martyred for Christ. Your attitude was pretty judgmental. You even regard me as a non believer. Brother even if doors did open up for you in Eritrea, I fear for the persecuted there with the judging attitude you convey.

Tom do you understand the persecuted church? Do you pray for them? Do you read the literature of VOM, Open Doors, Compass Direct, Christians in Crisis? Brother our attitude is to serve them? They are the ones suffering the fires of persecution? Not us. Though persecution will soon be upon us.

Tom you mention you are in your 60's. As am I brother. I have walked with Jesus for forty plus years. During that pilgrimage God has taught me to be in humility before him. Not always easy. But still learning. Also what I think I know. God shows me I don't know.

Brother these questions are posed in love for you.  But also with a concern for those in Eritrea. This has been a country that resonates in my spirit. This is a country we pray for regularly on my conference call.

Brother I sincerely hope you pray this through and honestly seek God's face on. Make sure you are hearing from him.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/27 22:23

Re: Going into "Hard" Africa soon. Need prayer. Eritrea.

My Trip into "the most repressive nation on Earth*"...Eritrea.

Yes, I am still going. I would be in sin if I did not go, the same as Jonah. I am a little scared, frankly, but an dealing with it as I can in faith, but am confident that God called me, and will provide.

Leaving 25 September..........Eritrea........I covet your prayers...TY. Tom
Where I am being sent. [ and then to S. Africa. ] Eritrea was Evangelized at the time of the Apostles.

"According with Reporters Without Borders, Human Rights Watch and other organizations that monitor human rights and freedoms worldwide, Eritrea, an extremely poor nation of the African continent in the neighborhood of Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia is considered to be the most repressive nation on earth*.

A tough and in my view a controversial selection considering competitors in the repressive category such as North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Belarus and other nations. Under the regime of president Isaias Afewerki, 25% of Eritrea's population has fled over the past 20 years.

The Afewerki regime has turned the nation into a "giant prison" according with Human Rights Watch with over 314 detention centers. Some of the country's prisons are underground, buried 229 feet bellow sea level with temperatures reported to reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

In those prisons there are thousands of journalists, religious leaders and dissidents imprisoned, detained indefinitely and subjected to medieval tortures that include their feet shackled, tied to a cross or hung upside down and other forms of cruelty.
http://totalitarianimages.blogspot.com/2012/05/eritrea-most-repressive-nation-on-earth.html

Below is a previous letter to some friends.........

Yes I am sure this is from God. I do not want to go after the flesh...believe me, but this is a commission, a sending....just like Jonah Got.

DREAM FROM GOD ABOUT AFRICAN MISSION. Tom Watkins..

CONFIRMATION ON MY TRIP TO AFRICA:
I am going to the poor.

I sought the Lord and He heard my cry. I was planning to go in the Spring or Early summer.....He gave me two significant dreams..........One in an airport/meeting place among ALL black people...I was wandering about when I heard my name called. Then, some black men told me to go to an interview; it was required of me.

I had no idea for what, but I went, a little bewildered. I sat alone at a table, and in front of me was a four man team of black men asking me about the Bible and spiritual things, and after a while, I was told to leave. I mingled a while, and again, I was told to return ; they had made a decision. I did not know what decision.

One man sat there now, apparently the leader. There were hundreds of people in the audience. "We have carefully looked at everyone,"...he said; "And we have chosen you!!".....He looked at me like I was supposed to be impressed....but I was not. I did not know what I was chosen for. He then got up and left, and so did I. He seemed a little frustrated that I was not enthusiastic.

Two black men then came to me and said; "Come with us. We will get your papers." I followed them through crowds of again, black faces, and came to a desk with other black men. There they asked for my papers, and they complied, and mentioned a slang name like "bass"...."the bass." They handed me papers, and I heard them say something like " take the ambassador to his station". I looked down and I saw a "Certificate of an Ambassador" written on the top, and as I read, I saw my name, and a date "September".

I was then somewhat proud. "I am an ambassador!" ; I thought.
I also saw the name Eritrea, which has an association with Africa. The two men then began to lead me winding around the station to catch transportation to my country station, and then non-chalantly abandoned me. I was left alone, waiting. The dream ended.....................................................

Implications and thoughts. I am beginning to feel so free from ideas about ministry. Jesus was never bound with such stifle. The singular soul alone and wandering was as important as the multitudes. He travelled with much opposition across the Sea of Gallilee to rescue one unknown demon possessed wretch...who we will one day meet, by the way; The Gadarene demoniac, and the prostitute Mary, and the woman with the flow, and the centurian and on and on.

People mattered to Him, and love and rivers of life healed all. I am His ambassador, and my trip to Africa will be in this vein.

Then I plan to visit South Africa. I will preach Christ Crucified the only hope of Glory, along with Christ IN YOU the hope of Glory. These are my intentions. No one is left out, the 10 year old slave girl is as important as the governor. I, with incapability, just want to love.

As Jesus visited Simon the Leper on the eve of His last supper and capture; I want this heart for the least. Jesus passed up honoring Peter or James or John, or any of His known disciples; His mother, His brothers, or His loyal supporters; everyone mentioned in the Bible we may expect that He would honor. His last night in any home...an unknown former leper...maybe the one of the ten that returned just to say thank-you, and to worship his discovered God who came to him in his darkest need.

None will ever measure up, but we can Go!, as we are commissioned. At 62, with several Gospel mission trips to China, multiple to India, Israel and England, I feel that I am that now; All the pressure to perform is gone, and I am bolder than ever; weirdly confident inside that I carry Christ.

I am now preparing; Passport updates, visa's, plane tickets, and most of all; my heart. I am leaving in early September.

I am sending this letter to a young family man who feels led to sow into this ministry in a specific way. I have always travelled alone, and I think I always will...but I must follow Him alone. There may be others though, with a heart but without the means to Go!...and I am communicating now with some.

I can say with a clean conscious that I have never, not once, begged for money or solicited one soul for a penny, or received one offering and not sown it back into the mission for the poor. I have went on my own expense, and will keep it that way...but I will receive offerings as they are given in faith, Lucy. It does seem expensive, as I must stay in Hotels and eat out, and must also give to any interpreters that I would preach with.

"For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.

It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.

Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain. "..Paul

So; for those of you who are LED by God to give;
Tom Watkins
P. O. 122
Benton, Illinois

I have a steward here in the states that will deposit any gifts while I am gone, and forward any news.

Also; ..we can talk. [ for now ] 618-200-0871

100% of any gifts will be acknowledged, and used for the purpose given; the Gospel. I owe no bills.....I own a 17 year old Taurus Ford with 222,000 miles on it, my own home I bought for $12,000 and nicely remodeled. I do not need money.

I am not a professional nor am I hired. I am a brother first to His Body and my family, but try to be a good son to my Father above all. In this I fail, but I live on His Mercy. My favorite scripture is; "It is not he who runs or he who wills, but God who shows mercy."

You may parouse my prophecies if you want at
http://brideinthewilderness.blogspot.com/?view=classic
...and I am on Facebook: that paragon of the persona! Veracity defined as MY FACE and my trumpet!....sorry about that...but there is more phoniness on the internet than there is in the religious church, I think.

THOMAS RAY WATKINS..facebook

I have encountered real demonic; even Satanic oppostion a lot........I won't get into it now...but I covet your prayers. I am going to the land of Oz where witches rule and rein, and they are going to try to destroy me with the Satanic Princes over them who empower them....and add to that...what is the use of going without power? I have none within myself.

My flesh must die, the World rises...and the devil rages...but hopefully, God will use me to rescue a few and wash some feet in His purposes. I will perish without mercy and grace .Please pray for these for me...

Sincere.....Tom Watkins.

[ The second dream I will share later...it was more about the body, and where we are....emerging from death...the sign of the prophet Jonah. ]

Tom.

Flying out Sept. 25th, Returning December 4th...............2012

Without prayer, I feel like I could die.....but know differently...like fighting fear as I stand in hope. I do have God's word for me.

Love you all...and we will meet soon.

2012/9/14 14:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy