SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Info on America's Precarious Economy (Audio) ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brothers,

I would also temper this conversation with the admonition to remember that, subsequent to the Ressurrection of Christ, God does not Judge Nations anymore nor does he engage in Corporal punishment. He will now Judge men. "Each man will give an account...etc.". In the past, He judged nations and he even judged the nation of Israel because Israel was portrayed by God as His servant. Now, WE are His servants and WE will be judged.

So, this impending judgement of the US that is talked about is based in as much reality as this coming "revival" that everyone is clamoring about. Neither will be happening. Judgement awaits only individuals, subsequent to Christ, not nations.

Picky400

2005/3/10 1:04
Rahman

Re: Info on America's Precarious Economy (Audio) ...

Brother Jeff you wrote:

"Your thoughts are in line with Scripture. The prophets of old preached gloom more than anything else. What can be learned from this Scriptural precept"?

Amen ... But lately i been thinking were the prophets of old in fact proclaiming a message of "gloom", or were they more precisely messages of "sin has it's just rewards"? ... It does seem to me that Jehovah brought judgment upon Israel by His own direct hand for her gross sins, whereas today it seems the very nature of our gross error brings it's own dire rewards, especially so in the degredation of our society, and the precarious position we've placed ourselves in economically due to our overly materialistic greed, and desire to have everything for nothing"

Brother Mike you wrote ...

"I apologize sincerely if I appeared disrespectful, for that is not my attitude towards the information and warning you have given. I want to weep with you dear brother between the porch and the alter.

I certainly don't think you are "some over zealous religous loony!" unless I am one too"!

Amen brother, i sincerely apologize too that i've come across to abrasive ... A few of my friends have told me that they liked me a lot better when our Lord had me operating more out of the spirit of Jeremiah (where all i did was weep at whay He was showing me) than out of my present spirit of Ezekiel ... Tho God's irratation wiyh sin really stands out in Ezekiels message, i must admit that i'm partial to the latter for i had grown really weary of crying ...

picky400 in light of what you wrote:

"I would also temper this conversation with the admonition to remember that, subsequent to the Ressurrection of Christ, God does not Judge Nations anymore nor does he engage in Corporal punishment".

That's why i said to brother Jeff, "Today the very nature of our gross error brings it's own dire rewards, especially so in the degredation of our society, and the precarious position we've placed ourselves in economically due to our overly materialistic greed, and desire to have everything for nothing" ... So to me however you believe, America is in for a rough period, and even if you don't believe it, as i also know a few saints who think like you do, a great deal of the financial movers and shakes do, as Buffet and Gates have already moved massive amounts of their wealth out of tha Stock Market, out of American Banks, and out of America period ... It no longer forecast faith in the American economy when the wealthiest Americans start storing outside the dollar in Swiss Francs, Euro's and gold boullion, in Swiss and Canadian accounts ...

You also wrote:

"So, this impending judgement of the US that is talked about is based in as much reality as this coming "revival" that everyone is clamoring about. Neither will be happening".

There are also many saints who believe this also, to which point i say time will tell ... So if you're right we're all hunky-dory and cool ... But if you're wrong! ... Since you've shared your feelings let me share mine back in Christian love ... Boy, are you in for one big surprise!

2005/3/10 8:51Profile
Rahman

Re:

With all this talk of Judgment, and Revival, or lack thereof, some may also find this very interesting ...

Old Wells, Fallen Mantles & New Fountains ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4856&post_id=33746&order=0&viewmode=thread&pid=0&forum=35#33746

2005/3/10 8:52Profile
Rahman

Greetings beloved in the glorious name of Christ Jesus,

i feel led of our Lord to post this ... So for anyone interested in this update on America's precarious economy, and the reasoning behind the Neo-Conservative agenda that has the U.S. in this war in Iraq, i think you will find this enlightening ...

William R. Clark, Author
Petrodollar Warfare:
Oil, Iraq and the Future of the Dollar

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2006-0128-2.mp3

BOOK REVIEW:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0865715149/ref=ase_financialsenseon/104-4674733-2912719?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=financialsenseon

i've posted this as info only and have no intention of becoming involved in discussion as the audio is pretty much self explanatory, and for me it's only a confirmation of what He'd shown to me much previously ... So those who hear it's truth and relevance can accept it as such, those who don't can chalk it up to my continued foolishness ... In the meanwhile our Lord has me in a very quiet place of resting in and waiting on Him, where my answer(s) to anything present and to everything in past discussions/debates has become "Lord, thou knowest", and "Lord, thy will be done" ... It's like i hear Holy Spirit saying to me "Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD ... The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace."

And lastly let me share with everyone "righteous" who may be dismayed with current events and this info regarding such, the scripture our Lord woke me up to some three weeks ago ...

Pss.37
[1] Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
[2] For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
[3] Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
[4] Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
[5] Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
[6] And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
[7] Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
[8] Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
[9] For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
[10] For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
[11] But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
[12] The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
[13] The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
[14] The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
[15] Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
[16] A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
[17] For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
[18] The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
[19] They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
[20] But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
[21] The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
[22] For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
[23] The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
[24] Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
[25] I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
[26] He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
[27] Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
[28] For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
[29] The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
[30] The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
[31] The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
[32] The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
[33] The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
[34] Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
[35] I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
[36] Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
[37] Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
[38] But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
[39] But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
[40] And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

In these present precarious times never have these words of Jesus come to mean so much to me ... "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" and "lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." ...

Thank You Jesus!!!

2006/2/3 12:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I heard this story yesterday of a fellow worker here at UCLA.

This individual just bought a two bedroom 1 bath house for $450,000. He purchased this home with zero down and a credit rating in the 500s. In order to qualify for this home, in addition to working full time and over time here at UCLA, he got hired on at Home Depot about 2 months ago. He starts work at Ucla at 7:00 AM. He finishes work at Home Depot at 11:00 PM.

The banks are giving money to anyone that wants a loan. All they care about are the fees received for financing the loan.

How crazy can it get?

Good to hear from you Br. Rahman.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/3 15:03Profile
Billy7

Re:

I also agree that judgment is about to fall on our nation in the form of economic trouble, and possibly even war that could end up being waged here on our very own turf.

I don't know whether or not you guys have been following what's happening with Iran, but it appears to me that the stage is being set for the US to attack them for the same reason that we went into Iraq, namely to preserve the power of the American dollar as the supreme international currency.

What many people don't know is that just before we took him out, Saddam Hussein was planning to begin trading oil for European Euro's instead of Americam dollars. Many economic experts predict that had he been allowed to do this, it would have destroyed the international community's confidence in the dollar, leading to a collapse of the American economy.

Well, here's the new bad news: Beginning in March of this year, Iran is planning to do the same thing. Please read the following article:

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1998

Oil Bourse to Strengthen Prestige of Europe, Iran

Wednesday, February 1, 2006

To the detriment of America, if the Iranian oil bourse proceeds as planned in March 2006, one of the most underreported stories of the year will dramatically leap into view.

Most Americans probably don’t worry about Iran too much. Talk of it developing a nuclear bomb probably strikes a raw nerve—especially coupled with the Iranian president’s anti-Jew comments. But with our hectic lives, we have little time to think about it. The trouble is, Iran has been thinking a lot about you. Its leaders are keen on America’s destruction—and that means you. That’s why one of the most underreported stories of 2006 deserves America’s attention.

In March 2006, Iran is planning to launch an oil bourse. As it is understood, the bourse (a trading mechanism where someone sells and another buys) will sell oil in euros. Iran seeks to strike at the twin pillars of U.S. economic dominance: dollar reserves and confidence in the American economy.

This plan, if carried out, would strengthen two fast-rising power blocs: Europe and Iran.

For half a century, the American dollar has been the reserve currency of the world. Seventy percent of all currency reserves are held in American dollars.

This has a lot to do with the fact that oil, the most important commodity in the world, is mostly priced in U.S. dollars. The majority of countries, being oil importers, are generally forced to buy their oil in U.S. dollars. Along with related economic considerations, this encourages them to keep most of their foreign currency in dollars.

In turn, the debt-burdened U.S. economy is dependent upon the high demand for its currency in order to remain afloat. Sale of the U.S. dollar, in one way or another, funds major national debts. The day this demand comes to an end portends disaster for the American economy. This is where the seemingly innocuous subject of an Iranian oil bourse becomes anything but harmless for America.

The proposed March 2006 launch of the Iranian oil bourse, if successful, would give the euro a foothold in the international oil trade, solidifying its status as an alternative oil transaction currency. This could be a catalyst for a major currency flight from the dollar to the euro—and a disaster for America.

Here is why.

Europe, among other major dollar-holding nations, will no longer have to buy dollars to purchase oil. For Europe, and any other country that might buy on the euro-denominated bourse, this means a shift away from the dollar reserve. The consequences for America would be immediate. Sale of Treasury bills to foreign nations would be curtailed as the purchase of euros accelerates. This would injure America’s capacity to finance its national debt. With this, Americans would feel more than a pinch. The Foundation for the Economics of Sustainability predicted, “As countries and businesses converted their dollar assets into euro assets, the U.S. property and stock market bubbles would, without doubt, burst.”

Conversely then, as nations increasingly switch currency reserves from the dollar to the euro, dealing a considerable wallop to America’s global prestige, Europe’s stature will mature. Moreover, with Europe stabilizing under the beating heart of Germany’s economy, foreign nations could seemingly begin to look to Europe’s leadership rather than that of America. For Europe, which has sought an identity independent of America’s foreign-policy initiatives for the last half century, the bourse could act as a catalyst to propel the Union into a greater global standing. Again, America will receive the short end of the stick.

Also, a dollar flight and subsequent purchase of euros would strengthen the European economy. The European economy is poised, should the bourse proceed, to receive a major jolt of economic confidence. By contrast, America’s economy, which stands or falls on consumer confidence, could receive a death blow.

For Europe, a flush of cash would offer new opportunities to finance pan-European projects like defense and armaments. According to an Oct. 13, 2005, report by Associated Press, Britain and France have called upon their European allies to beef up defense spending. Up to now, European states have been cutting spending on defense budgets and falling well short of the American benchmark, which is over $450 billion annually. The problem is, nobody has the money. According to British Defense Secretary John Reid, his challenge is trying “to convince our colleagues to try and find a reasonable amount of money.” Right now, the European Union spends only about $218 billion on defense each year, creating glaring gaps in European defense—something a heavy amount of purchasing of euros instead of dollars could fix.

According to nato figures, America spends 3.9 percent of its annual budget on defense. Remember, foreigners help finance that budget by buying dollars, so a switch to euro reserves would also have the added effect of striking at America’s ability to finance its military.

As an influx of cash could begin to solve some of the most divisive problems between European states aspiring for a united Europe, European unity could receive a shot in the arm. Right now, Germany is emerging as the uncontested leader of European policy initiatives east of the Danube by effectively dealing with the Russian bear. But also, it is emerging as the internal voice for change within the Union itself. A cash-rich Union—which over the last few years has been persistently hampered by budget constraints and internal squabbling over transfer payments to different states—would be positioned to focus on issues of unity and policy. The bourse, then, could help to eliminate divisive cash problems and open opportunities for a newly resurgent Germany to ply its version of the European Union.

For itself, Iran no doubt has multiple motives for making this move. For one, it makes sense economically, especially since the European Union is Iran’s biggest trading partner. More importantly, it would strike a blow to Iran’s archenemy America. Finally, making Iran the main hub for oil deals in the region would help drive the Islamic Republic forward in its quest for regional supremacy.

As Gerard Baker puts it in a January 27 Times Online article, Iran is already on the threshold of creating a new moment in the history of the world, ranking its world-changing influence up there with Hitler and the Bolshevik Revolution. Couple its push for a new oil-exchange mechanism with Baker’s observations and you have a position where “No country in a region that is so riven by religious and ethnic hatreds will feel safe from the new regional superpower.”

George Perkovich, an Iran expert at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington, stated it frankly: “It’s part of a very intelligent, creative Iranian strategy—to go on the offense in every way possible and mobilize other actors against the U.S.” (Christian Science Monitor, Aug. 30, 2005).

Obviously, Iran is eager to eliminate American influence. For Iran, which foresees a “clash of civilizations” between Islam and America, undermining the dollar could prove to be its best and most effective strike against a more capable military foe. As one commentator put it, the impact of the Iranian oil bourse on the U.S. dollar and the follow-on effect on the U.S. economy could be worse than Iran launching a “direct nuclear attack.”

Should the bourse proceed, watch for a U.S. dollar flight into euros—and for the corresponding fall of America’s twin economic pillars, the dollar reserve and confidence in the American economy. With the Iranian oil bourse, Americans could end up holding the bag, and Europe and Iran the prize.

2006/2/3 18:47Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Thanks for the article Brother Bill.

I guess we'll be invading Iran next, that is if we don't run out of borrowed funds.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/4 11:38Profile
Rahman

It was about 21 years ago (1985) that our Lord brought across my path a paper-back entitled "How To Survive America's Next Great Depression", written by an economist named R. L. King whom i can't now find hide nor hair of on-line ... But it was thru this book that our Lord began showing this once debt laden saint the hows and whys of where we are today financially and economically in America ... In that book the economist/author pretty much simply said that if America stayed it's course on the path of ever increasing debt that we'd come to a point of where it would naturally have to come crashing down at some point ... And while this guy realized that such fiscally unhealthy and just plain unGodly amassment of American debt would be turned into a global money making servicing business, and would generate all kinds of underhanded business practices steeped in immoral and unethical lies and deciet that would generate corporate scandals that would make the S&L's look like childs play, he had no idea of the many other intensifying future factors such as 9/11, the costs of war on terrorism and Iraq, the ever increasing world hostility (especially amongst the arabs/OPEC) towards America, the extent of our cuckoo public debt amassed from equity taken out of over inflated housing prices to buy what we didn't need, our dependence on foriegn governments to continue to buy our treasuries, our need to keep the dollar as the primary world currency (which is about to end), and the drastic increase of the cost of fossil fuel ...

God was good to me in that that book made a marked impact on my life, and with the subsequent info He began making me aware of by age 40 i was determined to go in the opposite direction of the pack, and i became very interested in wise stewardship ... It was also out of this learning that i believe i heard Him say, "Warn your fellowman, especially those in the faith" ... And so i went on what i was soon to find out was a most rejected mission to do so, and tho He's subsequently pretty much shut my mouth to those around me He still (to my surprise) prompts me to share here on SI - so i do ...

The following is an interview with a man named Warren Brussee who's written a book entitled;

The Second Great Depression

This man believes that this economic upheaval in America will begin sometime in 2007 ... [u][b]PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT IN PROMOTION OF ANY TIMEFRAME FOR WHAT I TOO BELIEVE OUR LORD HAS SHOWN ME WILL SHORTLY TAKE PLACE, FOR HE'S PERSONALLY GIVEN ME NO TIME FRAME[/b][/u] ... But i do feel led of our Lord to post this for anyone who may want to understand the how and why we as a nation have come to this precipice ...This author makes it technically pretty plain ...So if you're more comfortable with keeping your head in the sand this ain't for you ...

FINANCIAL SENSE NEWSHOUR (AUDIO - MP3)
http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2006-0318-2.mp3

Pss.118
[8] It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
[9] It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Prov.11
[28] He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

Isa.26
[3] Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
[4] Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

2006/3/21 14:58Profile
Rahman

Re: WHAT EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD KNOW ...

i initially watched this on C-Span 6/7/06 and thought it important enough to dig up and share ... It's .mp3 format (audio) ...

It's former Fed Chief Allan Greenspan before the SENATE COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN RELATIONS, and he seems now free to be totally clear about where we as a nation are regarding oil and our economy ...

http://foreign.senate.gov/hearings/2006/hrg060607a.html

CLICK ON:
Oil Dependence and Economic Risk
(Be patient it takes about 15 min. to load unless you know how to push the Real Player bar forward)

Pretty sobering testimony about America's future ... :beard:

2006/6/9 12:44Profile
Rahman

This is the latest video/audio interview with new Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke ...

Again what is posted is not to elicit fear for as children of the King our trust is in Him ... What is posted is for those who like to be informed of the "why's" of what's happening in the American economy ...

Be informed!

Senate Banking Committee Semiannual Monetary Policy Report of the Federal Reserve Board
The Senate Banking Committee has its Semiannual Monetary Policy Report of the Federal Reserve Board. Fed. Chairman Ben Bernanke is a witness.
7/19/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 2 hr. 30 min.
rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e071906_banking.rm

Grading Bernanke
http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/fed/2006-07-18-bernanke-usat_x.htm

2006/7/28 12:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy