SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Batman movie tradgey last night

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

"He has called us to this generation."

I deeply know that this is true, but I can't help envy Bro Denny Kenaston who is now in Glory....I am like little "Much-Afraid" in the book, "Hinds Feet on High Places"....

Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers, Bro Frank. Unfortunately you cannot live in the same home as the filth without it splashing up on you from time to time, and then your light is snuffed out for a bit....it has greatly affected us all, even my "good kids" as they call themselves....The battle is the Lord's....

btw - clarification to my last post - the movie critic's comments on a culture seduced by sadism was referring to the Batman movie itself, not the shootings....

2012/7/20 20:01Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

The irony of what happened is that people gathered for what has become an acceptable passtime in this world--to feed on violence, to be entertained by violence.

Suddenly... violence! And everybody is astonished.

It would be interesting to know how many who attended that movie consider themselves to be Christian.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PLACES WHERE WICKEDNESS IS ENTERTAINMENT!

Allan

2012/7/20 21:20Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'DEADn'

Ummm, I have a question for you: should a Christian own a gun?

As a side-note:
No doubt, watching the video footage of the shooting aftermath has been something very gruesome for everyone. Especially seeing the victims' family members and loved ones with tears streaming down their faces.

Maybe we now have a taste of what has been happening in other countries on a near daily basis and for many years now. Everyday a tidy man decides to visit murder and mayhem on any number of homes and community places. The list of his victims far surpasses those of the Colorado carnage; by 10's of 100's.

Of course 'C_No_N_ews' isn't there to record the wailing shrieks of the innocent children who awakened to find their parents strewn as straws of flesh in the front yard. Neither is 'FraudCast News' there to place microphones into the tearful faces of the survivors. No one hears about the good father whose life was snuffed because he was 'at the wrong place at the wrong time'. Nor of the sister who dissolved into a plume of smoke while grinding flour.

Regardless, the 'C_riminal N_ews B_ankster C_rimes' Network continues to happily report the increasing share price of the gun manufacturers and armament industry. And, Christians continue to go along with their merry way winking about their deadly thirst for pretended security. There's hardly a ping of conscience for those victims whose only sin was to live in the kill-zone of a country's insane desire for empire and oil.

Of course there are those delusional among us claiming that the murder and mayhem committed in our name is God's work. They have have licensed themselves with a criminal sense of entitlement; boasting about being the 'chosen' of God. They They are convinced that those who worship false gods are inherently worthless and near sub-human and deserve to be eradicated. In every way they have supplanted God ... even made themselves gods .... demanding that we worship and adore their murderous sprees.

Did we think that our killing spree could continue with impunity?
"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" ....

2012/7/21 3:15Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

by Blayne on 2012/7/21 0:15:51

Hi! 'DEADn'

Ummm, I have a question for you: should a Christian own a gun?

If they know how to use it and handle it I don't see why not. When it comes to guns I find something amusing. When incidents like Colorado and schools stuff happens there is an outcry on gun control yet if you look carefully the people who have these guns are city people who probably don't use these guns very much. Contrast this to those who hunt. They will have their kids shoot the guns and teach them about the guns and to respect the guns. When the guns are done they are locked up and the kids know not to mess with them until an appropiate time. We rarely hear of issues with hunters and guns. Only with those in the city but that is never brought up.

I don't own a gun, I really have not reason to own a gun but if I did I would make sure I respected that thing and took classes and went to the gun range and understood the thing.

2012/7/21 7:51Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Batman movie tradgey last night

I've been largely disconnected from the news and even the Internet so the fact that I heard about this is amazing. However, as one who has seen the trend in my own generation of trying see our gods made flesh on film and the greater desire to see them made real in reality, this is not new. The people who had just watched the film and were attacked probably thought it was 'really cool' that what they had just seem in the movie screen happened in front of their eyes. Like the assailant, they desire reality where they have power to destroy anything at their whim. We need to remember that they are all children of their father, the Devil, until by the grace of God they are born again. We need to be careful who we regard as brethren, to judge as Christ judged, not according to sight but according to the testimony of the Father.

2012/7/21 8:14Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Re: Batman movie tradgey last night Reply To This Post |

I've been largely disconnected from the news and even the Internet so the fact that I heard about this is amazing. However, as one who has seen the trend in my own generation of trying see our gods made flesh on film and the greater desire to see them made real in reality, this is not new. The people who had just watched the film and were attacked probably thought it was 'really cool' that what they had just seem in the movie screen happened in front of their eyes. Like the assailant, they desire reality where they have power to destroy anything at their whim. We need to remember that they are all children of their father, the Devil, until by the grace of God they are born again. We need to be careful who we regard as brethren, to judge as Christ judged, not according to sight but according to the testimony of the Father.

But is there really anything new when it comes to trends? Even people who call themselves Christians go after trends. Whether it be the latest hot band or latest big preacher or latest BIG conference.

I think to see all of these people as a child of the devil is not a wrong way to look at it but we shouldn't see them and see 'child of the devil' and use it as a platform in which to work out this situation in our own minds. To do so will create a religious spirit in our hearts and that , in essence, is what is partly of the wrong in the church.

Look at it this way, how many Christians, with that attitude, will see these movie goers and some kind of evil as a result of this incident? Evil because they like Batman? Because they were out past midnight? Evil because they seem to like violence, it equals a self righteousness on our part if we choose to point the finger. For my own self, I don't mind seeing violence in movies as long as it is the right kind of violence. Such as the show 'Nikita' in which there is alot of violence but it is a good guys vs. bad guys scenerio and it is dealing high government agencies and foreign agencies and using the smarts of the brain to outsmart each others movies along with physical violence. Does that make me a bad person? In the fundamental world it would and yet in some fundamental home there is verbal violence that goes on but is shhhh because it stays behind closed doors.

Just my opinion
John

Just my thoughts
John

2012/7/21 8:31Profile

Re:

Word of loving advice/exhortation:
Turn your TV's off entirely and quit feeding on the entertainments of this world (& justifying it in our minds cause our worldly entertainment isn't as bad as their worldly entertainment). Then you will have a log removed,from your own eye and be able to see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye.

2012/7/21 9:23
Jeremy221

Re:

Hi John,

You need to learn to be still.

2012/7/21 9:27Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Be careful in judging the emotional reactions of the people, or seemingly lack thereof. The 'numbness' you might perceive is probably actually the emotional shock of the people who just experienced this terrible tragedy. They are probably so overwhelmed by what they saw and experienced that they haven't figured out how to process it yet. Not to mention every cop and reporter is questioning everybody to the tenth degree. Some probably feel they are in some sorta dream right now. We should pray for these people and not judge them based on what we saw when some reporter stuck a camera in their face.

2012/7/21 23:08Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

And for what it's worth I don't see the problem with Christians watching Batman. Daniel and his three friends were experts in all the literature of Babylon. And I would imagine they read things much more violent than Batman. Indeed, some of the war stories in the Old Testament would be R rated today if put on film. As it is, after having watched all three films, the movies are not about the action as much as they are about examining the stuff men are made of, and the internal struggles we are all faced with in our lives. And frankly, there is a lot in all three movies that will preach. Especially the second one. They all raise great moral questions.

2012/7/21 23:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy