SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : some people are so closed minded!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: some people are so closed minded!!

Quote:
would I so argue with God if he revealed that what I thought was true came to be untrue.

God simply did not want them to know anything because they refuse to hear.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes THEY HAVE closed; LEST [to avoid the risk of that] at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

There was no arguing with God, they simply shut down their sense organs for fear that God should heal them. They didn't want God to heal them, for them, there was no Balm in Gilead because they thought they didn't need any salvation.

It would have been better if they could argue with God, but there was no thought of reasoning which God would have delighted in, "Come let us reason together sayeth the Lord" but there was nothing, Jer15:6 Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.

"I am weary with repenting". God was tired of constantly hearing the Prophets coming to Him begging Him to spare the flock and nine times out of ten He would, but He was weary of it because the peoples hearts have waxed gross, they simply did not want Him.

2012/7/23 23:21

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy