SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : some people are so closed minded!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

some people are so closed minded!!

I often wounder are some people so closed minded that they would argue with God himself, if He told them that what they believed was wrong and it occured to me of course they would, The religious of Jesus day did just that. And than the thought came to mind, would I so argue with God if he revealed that what I thought was true came to be untrue.
Let it not be. Let us (me) be open to God changing our perspective no matter how right we know that we are.

Just some thoughts I sometimes ponder.

2012/7/20 1:35Profile

Re: some people are so closed minded!!

Couldn't sleep, yet.

Brother, the problem, as what I've seen, is something that I pray that no one takes wrong... but I feel with all of my heart, that there are very few "Biblicists" left. There's just people quoting people.

In these days with computers and the availability of Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries and Grammar helps - there's just no excuse to not study His Word for oneself with the help of His Spirit and 'try' the things that we hear. In other words "test" all things by His Word and Spirit.

The Spirit of John 16:13 has been left out of our Bible reading and studying.
The fact that we have the original languages to go to with the grammar has not been explored or few have encouraged others to study these languages.

At one time, one would have to go to college to learn how to find the grammar of a Hebrew or Greek word, but now it's all done for us, through books or an internet site or Bible program. But people would rather be spoon fed by someone else when The Word is right there in front of them.

The Church has become lazy. They'd rather just parrot off everything from other sources that they've read.

When we stand before Him - He'll ask us "What did you do with The Word that I left for you and My Spirit of Truth?"

That's a very serious question that I know He'll ask us.

Granted, those in other countries, don't have the resources that we have - so to whom much is given - much is required.

Every single debate can be ended with His Word alone - but I've yet to see a debate in 9 yrs on the internet that's been carried out with His Word and the original languages alone.
Always quotes from so-and-so.

The day that anybody wants to calmly debate a topic with Scripture only, I'm going to celebrate exceedingly first and then we'll have a wonderful time together.

The Beauty of His Word is, that it NEVER contradicts itself.

So, what I'm saying in return to your 'staying open' post is ... once you've exhausted every resource available that's mentioned above and only use "books or help" with the definitions - grammar and cross-referencing - and feel confident The Holy Spirit has led you into a truth - stay with it and be ready to defend the Truth -- as we're responsible for.

GOD Bless you.

2012/7/20 3:11
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

You will find this mentality among religious people especially the longer they have been in religion. After that I think we might find that in areas in which people have determined there is no God based on their own work in the fields of the sciences and maybe technology but the religious aspect comes first.

This is why I separate myself from denominations and I don't keep myself in the religious bubble, if that makes sense?

2012/7/20 8:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You know one of the hardest obstacles, if not the hardest, I have ever had to get by in my life, was the fact the not everyone is, or is supposed to be like me. God made us all unique for a reason, and unless God has personally told you, that Mr. Bill is supposed to be like this, or doing this in life, you don't really know that this is not just a part of Gods way of developing me. When all people, "especially Christians" realize that God made us all different, "in every way" you will suffer from your concerned or worrisome mentally all the days of your life. If most Christians concerned themselves with themselves, like they do others, Gods kingdom might make some progress here on earth, and many,many more lost sheep might be saved. I think most Christians have truly forgotten,our most important part we play here on earth, is bringing in the lost sheep, and not be concerned with trying to make others see things our way, or be like us.

2012/7/20 8:59Profile

Re:

JIG writes..........

"Brother, the problem, as what I've seen, is something that I pray that no one takes wrong... but I feel with all of my heart, that there are very few "Biblicists" left. There's just people quoting people.

In these days with computers and the availability of Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries and Grammar helps - there's just no excuse to not study His Word for oneself with the help of His Spirit and 'try' the things that we hear. In other words "test" all things by His Word and Spirit."

I could not agree more sister. In a recent " debate," here on SI, the person doing the " critique," had by his own admission, never even read the full book of the person he was critisizing. I just happened to have read that particular book five times and every other book that author had written. I did not agree with everything the author had ever written ( I have yet to read any author that I totaly agree with apart from the Holy Spirit) and this person was tearing this man down without even a single quote from the author to back up what he was saying. When I checked out his " sources," it happened to be a website that had a beef with this particular author.

Yes, indeed, we live in lazy days where people have access to a " little information." We live in the days of soundbites. If you are a politician and do not say your sentences perfectly, there will be an ad the following day completly distorting and taking what you said out of context because of a pre-existing agenda. Its bad enough when it happens in the world, it is particulalry sad when you see it in Christendom............bro Frank

2012/7/20 9:39

Re:

On another thread last night, it was mentioned that there's a Greek word for "people believe what they want to believe" and that is true. But in the majority of cases - people do not want to study His Word and would rather just find an author with the same beliefs they've somehow 'decided on' and just quote those.

Folks that mock the word "sound doctrine"/or sound teaching are the reason there are so many splits in the Church. And why we are guilty before GOD for being a Country that Exports the Majority of error, world-wide ... Because we Just Don't Care for Jesus' Words about studying and holding to and teaching sound doctrine and don't care that GOD put sound doctrine as 'Equal to' proper living / living a Godly life.

Lazy! Yes. If we Love "Jesus" Who is The Word of GOD than we will Love The Word of GOD and desire after what "truth" is because HE said before Pilate - the reason He was born - the reason He came - was to bear witness to the Truth... but we don't want to be bothered to search out the Truth and mock others that do want to know the Truth From The Word of GOD alone!

I'm wearied by those that mock those that search the Scritpures - as we're commanded to - to know The Jesus of The Bible and The Jesus 'of The Bible' is Who He is and not one made up of our own liking. We know Him by His Word and we WANT TO Know His Mind on Every topic/subject ... so what is there to mock?

If a person "loves Jesus" - they'll love, hunger for and search out His Words that He's left us and with many tools in these days that will lead us to Truth - the truth that we can thereby help others by.

When will we get tired of others being led astray, world-wide, by lazy Americans?

Below - just 12 incidents out of the 44 of 'His' use of the Word "teaching/doctrine" ... but rather than STUDY - some would rather mock and complain about the use of the word for "Jesus' Teaching" being also called "doctrine" in some versions .....

2Ti 2:14-18 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit,
**but to the subverting of the hearers.**

**Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. **

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine [teaching]; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

1Ti 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience...

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Tit 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity

Tit 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

2012/7/20 11:28
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD....Folks that mock the word "sound doctrine"/or sound teaching are the reason there are so many splits in the Church..

This is why the Church is being literally torn down from the outside, by all the haters of Christians, because we are so concerned about what goes on inside. When you build a fort, you build it to keep the enemy out, you don't fight amongst each other inside to tear down the walls.

2012/7/20 12:10Profile

Re:

The only way to build His Fort, The Church is with His Truth.

Every Epistle is by an Apostle that had to fight to get 'the truth' back so that the Church would be strong.

Error weakens the Church.

Yes, instead of "fighting" - people should be going to The Word Alone to learn Truth and then they have the Truth Who is Christ Jesus behind them in their battle to save souls.

The battle is 'for' souls and that can be proven Scripturally - that it 'is' all about "doctrine".

But they "shut up their ears" to that Biblical truth.

The Spirit of Truth was given to lead through His Word.

The Purpose of His Spirit:

Joh 16:13,14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify Me [Who 'is' The Word of GOD]: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

2012/7/20 12:19
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD, I understand! but we don't want to get so wrapped up on changing everyone "ourselves" in the church "let God do something" that we forget that the enemy is trying to kick in the door.

2012/7/20 12:40Profile

Re:

Hi Bill.

"The Door" is Christ and His Truth is "the Walls" and His Church is The Fort that propagates Truth.

If you read the Epistles - the Apostles were constantly having to fight error that was making it's way into The Church.

We Need to get back to the Apostolic Church ... the Church that was built upon The Word of GOD via The Spirit of Truth that leads us into all truth By His Word.

The "enemy" is the father of lies.

"No lie is of the truth"

The "purpose" of The Church is the same purpose as was Jesus' "purpose"....

Joh 18:37 "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.
*To this end was I born,
and for this cause came I into the world,
that I should bear witness unto the truth.
Every one that is of the truth heareth My Voice.*

In John 10 - Jesus had said that, His Sheep Know His Voice and will not follow another.

The main focus of the letters of the Apostles were to counter heresy. And "heresy" is defined in the Greek as "the opinion chosen".

We lose people because we don't study to Know His Truth and that's how we lose people from the Church - through heresies.

1Jn 2:18-21 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth."

2012/7/20 12:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy