SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can suicide be forgiven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
4gvn-or-4gtn

Can suicide be forgiven?

can suicide be forgiven ? what if the person that commits suicide does it so their spouse is released from the covenant of marriage they have , so that their spouse may be free to marry someone that they are in love with and can be happy? if suicide can't be forgiven, then how does someone that is worthless, and is nothing but a waste of space continue to live in such a depressed stage in life?

2012/7/17 17:21Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Can suicide be forgiven?

Dear 4gvn-or-4gtn,

Why do you ask this question? Who is worthless and nothing but a waste of space?

Stop, wait a minute, Who defines the worth of a person?
It was still God's idea that this person was born with the intend that they might find him and have eternal life.

Someone is crying out here. I have never met you, whoever you are, please do not go that far in your thoughts. Seek help from someone available in your area as soon as possible. I pray for you.

2012/7/17 17:55Profile
learn

[by 4gvn-or-4gtn on 2012/7/17 14:21:54
what if the person that commits suicide does it so their spouse is released from the covenant of marriage they have , so that their spouse may be free to marry someone that they are in love with and can be happy?]

--
Dear sister,
The bible is silent on whether suicide can be forgiven. However, suicide is a sin. Pls ponder this. We are asked to love God first and foremost and put Him first. If one is committing suicide because of the reason above, then she is loving her spouse more than God.

Luke 10:27
He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.

Also, I can tell from one who has contemplated suicide, DON'T. You are grieving God immensely.
---

[by 4gvn-or-4gtn on 2012/7/17 14:21:54
if suicide can't be forgiven, then how does someone that is worthless, and is nothing but a waste of space continue to live in such a depressed stage in life?]

You may be worthless to others, BUT you ARE NOT worthless to God. You are not forgotten dear one, but you are forgiven and are loved.

There is no such thing as a person too worthless or depressed to be saved. There was once a man that could only live by lying down on a bed that moved up and down. The movement of the bed allowed him to inhale and exhale. Well, God saved him. Was he useless to society. You bet. Was he worthless in Jesus's eyes. No.

Also, there was a woman who could only move 1 of her finger. Guess what. God used her to type out Christian materials in an old typewritter with just that 1 finger. While other houses were watched by the government for such activities, she could go about doing that because the government thought that she was useless and could not do anything. So don't think you are useless.

What about Nick Vujicic. He was born with no arms and no legs. Yet God used him mightily to spread the gospel and he even got married.

Wow, isn't God great. He can make something out of you. Never listen to those that want to put you down. Listen to God. After all He makes you and knows you better than anyone else. He cares.

You need not be depressed. Look to Jesus as your saviour, king and friend. Get to know Jesus. Read the bible, start with the gospel of John. Pray. Talk to Him. He listens.

I will pray for you.

edited slightly

2012/7/17 18:10Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Michelle,

The Bible clearly states: 1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

A person who would go to the extent of murdering him(her)self does not have eternal life abiding in him. The question is not whether or not it can be forgiven. All sin can be forgiven if a person confesses and repents. Unfortunately the process of repentance (which is initiated by the Holy Spirit) cannot happen once a person is dead.

A person who would believe that she is worthless DOES NOT believe God. God stated through his Son Jesus Christ:

Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Mat 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Mat 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

He also asks the question:

Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

The eternal part of you is worth more than all that is on the earth REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR COMPANION THINKS ABOUT YOU!!!

However, if you believe the lies that your companion has chosen to believe about your worth, and you take your life, instead of believing God, look at what Jesus said about the place that you would go to:

Mar 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

It all boils down to WHO you choose to believe: God or the devil.

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

PLEASE don’t listen to your enemy any longer. Talk to Jesus. He loves you so much that HE DIED to save you from suicide. Don’t let that GREAT act of love be in vain for you and deprive Him of the joy and purpose that He intended for your life!

2012/7/17 18:52Profile

Quote:
narrowpath wrote: "Stop, wait a minute, Who defines the worth of a person?"

Dear Sister, does what is quoted above sound familiar to you
at all?

Have missed hearing from you. Have not had the ability to call anyone long distance anymore because I couldn't afford my cellphone. Had to make cuts ... have missed you much - have prayed that you would post here and to enjoy these beautiful Saints here that will show you the love of GOD as well -- that HE wants you to know about.

All of the posts above mine here are given in the heart of that love.

YOU are part of our Family. The enemy comes to rob, kill and destroy life - so we're going to keep praying and hoping we hear more from you.

Sister, I hope you stay in touch in every possible way.

The LORD Loves you and so does your family here and around the globe.
You are a very sweet and dear Sister, with much to offer a hurting world.
You're Precious in His Sight!

Always yours.

2012/7/17 21:09
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

that you would post here and to enjoy these beautiful Saints here that will show you the love of GOD as well -- that HE wants you to know about.

AMEN! Ann...

2012/7/17 21:32Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by 4gvn-or-4gtn on 2012/7/17 11:21:54

can suicide be forgiven ? what if the person that commits suicide does it so their spouse is released from the covenant of marriage they have , so that their spouse may be free to marry someone that they are in love with and can be happy? if suicide can't be forgiven, then how does someone that is worthless, and is nothing but a waste of space continue to live in such a depressed stage in life?

Just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you. I know that when all you can see is darkness and you feel like you are worthless its difficult to believe when others tell you that is not true, but to all of us here you are a precious child who is worth so much. You are worth so much to GOD that HE gave HIS only SON to die for you. You are worth so much to HIM and to us so please don't listen to the lies of the enemy.

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/17 22:14Profile
RighteousNew

Re:

Can suicide be forgiven?

YES.

Everlasting is not contingent upon your works. It is dependent upon being born again or not.

If you are saved and commit suicide you go with Jesus. If lost that person would go to hell.

If you are severely depressed or mildly - or even 1% depressed - please brother or sister "cast all your care upon Christ for he careth for you" - 1 Peter.

May all believers at all times cast all our cares upon Him!

2012/7/17 23:57Profile

Re:

"Righteous New"

That's a lie from the pit of hell itself and I'm not picking on you as a person but what you've typed.

You would do well, not only for yourself, but for our Dear Sister in Christ - to look in any KJV Concordance in the New Testament for the word "works".

Here are just two -

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books,

according to their works.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man

according to their works.

This Sister is being lied to by the father of lies - Satan himself that masquerades as an angel of light and feeds lies into the minds of GOD's children and mankind as a whole that "sound honorable" ---- making suggestions to the mind of the person, that "this act is the best thing for everyone concerned."

First comes the accusations to the person - whether saved or not - that their life is worthless because "they're BAD" or "just too sick to go on" - either mentally sick or physically sick and that "the family or husband would be better off if they weren't alive anymore".

Don't you see who you've sided with for this dear woman?

Satan doesn't come to any of us human beings with the obvious of evil --- he knows better than that.

He comes to us with an intelligence that can't be measured with our rediculous-to-him, IQ tests. Only GOD Himself is omniscient and can out-smart this foul spirit that wants this ladys life to end.

I was just about to come back on here to post to the thread about Satan and found your post to Michelle.

She has a name and she's greatly loved by our Father and greatly hated by the father of lies. She doesn't need to hear anymore lies.

Everyday, people are talked into commiting suicide by Satan - like those that think they're saving someone else by straping a bomb around their waists and pulling the string.

Deception is deception - and once a person isn't breathing anymore - there's no chance for GOD to show that person just what He wanted to do for them in a wonderful way.

You have to be alive to be forgiven of your sin.
You have to be alive to see if GOD won't reconcile a marriage.
You have to be alive to trust GOD.
You have to be alive to trust Jesus as The LORD over your life and to believe His Promises to work ALL THINGS together for the Good.
You have to be alive to see what He had planned for you from the foundation of the earth.

NO ONE HAS THE GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO TAKE THEIR OWN LIFE - and Satan is a liar when he tries to put some "self sacrificing" excuse behind why anybody should destroy what GOD Created. What Jesus Created is nothing but Good but Satan hates All that GOD has Created and wants to destroy that life.
The more of a threat a person is to Satan's Kingdom, the more that Satan will target them for this type of destruction!

I and others know this from personal experience.

I forgive you, but please don't ever help anybody kill themselves ever again.

There's no excuse before GOD for taking the life of that which HE's Divinely appointed to be on this earth.

No past sins, no present sins can be repented of, once we're dead.

Suicide is sin.

2012/7/18 0:38
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Can suicide be forgiven?

YES.

By far the worst thing I've read all week, maybe all year. Repent.

2012/7/18 0:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy