SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine :  nephilim

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
NMatheson

Duluth, MN.

Re:

Blayne, I'm glad I could be used to encourage you. It's kinda funny because I have had the Bible in my life since a young child. It wasn't until 6 or 7 years ago (I can't remember exactly lol) that I came across that verse in Genesis 6. When I read it I became angry because I have NEVER heard it preached on. So I dug very deep into it.

One thing I have realized in all of the confusion one can make in discerning the word of God. The Word will NEVER work against itself. If we read "contradictions" in the Bible, it is never because their are contradictions, it is merely because we have a lack of understanding.

Proverbs 25:2 - It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Mathew 7:7-8 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Indeed, if we do not accept the confusion, and seek earnestly for clarification, we will not be disappointed.

Ultimately it comes down to seeking Him Himself.

Psalm 119:2 - Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

I know that if we keep Christ as the center in all of our actions and desires, than confusion will not beset us, for it is the work of the Devil. Sometimes it is hard to persevere through tough questions but we must not let slothfulness affect us in such a way.

Sorry... I get carried away sometimes.

2012/7/15 20:51Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Trekker, God is so beautiful that you will never get tired of Him. I believe that being with Him is more than enough. His glory, brilliance, goodness and so on is portrayed clearly in the bible. Even Moses after speaking with God had a radiant face. And when God cause all His goodness to pass in front of Moses, He had to cover him with his hand and Moses could only see His back.Even the seraphs covered their faces in the presence of the Lord."==LEARN

That is so beautiful and exciting just to read it (what you wrote)! But who could ever get tired of God.

2012/7/15 22:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy