SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pastor Jim Murphy is fed up with subtle heretical teachings

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Pastor Jim Murphy is fed up with subtle heretical teachings

I was recently blessed listening to Pastor Jim Murphy of First Baptist Churh in Johnson City, NY take a stand, & preach against the subtle heresies that have infiltrated the "christian church" these many yrs. You can listen here: http://t.co/2mKSSMfZ His message is titled, "The Subtlety Of Satan". I thank my discerning sister of Christ Jesus on Twitter for first posting the link.

Edited the link, since the 1st 1 I posted didn't work - sorry about that.

2012/7/13 0:55Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Pastor Jim Murphy is fed up with subtle heretical teachings

I should've stated that all comments are appreciated & will be considered. I'll check back in a few days if God wills, & will not respond unChristlike. May the Lord be praised in all discussions here.

2012/7/13 1:12Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Edit: It's working now.

2012/7/13 1:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Pastor Jim Murphy is fed up with subtle heretical teachings

I listened to this sermon and will agree with all of his positions except for the concept that you cannot legislate morality.

Murphy is right - you cannot legislate purity, or holiness, which is what I assume he meant.

The civil government's purpose is to maintain law and order. But where does the concept of law and order come from? It comes from God, no less. To insist that man does not steal, rob or kill in no way will make a body holy but it will provide for a safe environment in which its citizens can work in safety.

What we are seeing is the legalization of perversion that will work to destroy society, e.g., abortion, same-sex unions that demands the same legal privileges, benefits as marrieds. Just as abortion has hurt the the nation economically, spiritually, so will other perversions - not sure how but since God says he hates it and that it earned the death penalty under the OT law, you must know it is a serious violation of common decency.

Anyhow...this is my take on legislating morality.

Murphy is right when he says about discerning issues based on feelings, emotions, or experience.

Murphy also mentioned the approach one takes towards scripture: how does this serve me - a self-centered theology. This concept has so invaded the modern church I would guess there are very few who have escaped its influence.

Years ago I used this approach in teaching girls how they need to pursue purity. Later the Holy Spirit impressed upon me how I need to emphasize God's holiness more - let it be the foundation for whatever else I say. So I did, using the term "holy". But you know what? Most girls had NO concept about what it meant! Now these people live in the Bible Belt of the USA - they ought to know! But they didn't. They looked very confused. It was like I was plowing hard, new ground.

I appreciated this pastors concern and wish to God more would have his passion for TRUTH and pursue it, teaching it to their flocks.

2012/7/13 8:24Profile

Re:

Some of the names he mentioned, are in this Article
and sad to find Francis Schaeffers' son as well.
What's to keep people with off beliefs from being off in every area of life?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/see-these-leftist-christians-party-with-beers-hymns-praise-occupy-tout-social-justice-during-the-wild-goose-festival/

2012/7/13 10:03

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy