SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Gap fact or theory??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
But than I would ask, Had not Lucifer sinned before Adam??
It gets me to thinking, Thanks

Now this is a good question.

2012/7/13 0:42
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

RE://by EverestoSama on 2012/7/12 21:42:30

Quote:
But than I would ask, Had not Lucifer sinned before Adam??
It gets me to thinking, Thanks

Now this is a good question.//

The forum /OT Texts Regarding Satan's Origin/ is what got me to thinking about this, What it says about the orgins and fall of Lucifer is why people Like Pearl believe in the Gap.

2012/7/13 0:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
What about lucifers fall when did that happen?

I would speculate that it was no earlier than the end of the sixth day, though probably after the seventh.

In Genesis 2:1 it says;

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts.

Hosts in Hebrew;

tsaba'

1) that which goes forth, army, war, warfare, host
a) army, host
1) host (of organised army)
2) host (of angels)
3) of sun, moon, and stars
4) of whole creation
b) war, warfare, service, go out to war
c) service

Could be sun, moon, stars, although usually in the Bible in Hebrew the word tsaba' is used for armies, or war, so I would speculate it's talking about angelic hosts.

We know Lucifer was a created being as stated in Ezekiel 28, and we also know from Genesis 1:31 that all that was created up until that point God viewed as good. Even though it doesn't reiterate that everything was still good on the seventh day, I would take a risk saying that it probably still was, even though it's not explicitly stated, though more implicitly.

So I would assume the fall was sometime after the seventh day. And I would further speculate that the temptation was sometime quite soon after that, as there is no record of Adam and Eve having any children yet. This is where we fall into the realms of speculation though.

2012/7/13 0:56
proudpapa

Re: J. Vernon McGee

J. Vernon McGee believed the Gap theory just as Pearl said the new creation earth theory is fairly new. The Gap theory is the traditional understanding

2012/7/13 0:59Profile

Re:

I'd personally be more interested in what the first century apostles thought about it. :P

2012/7/13 1:04
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

Brother EverestoSama wrote //This is where we fall into the realms of speculation though//

Ya, no matter what we believe on the issue, it is not a salvation or even a saintification issue. And what ever conclusion we have it has some speculation. I just find it interesting to disscuss and meditate about, you have brought up some good points to think about, I injoy brainstorming with others on such issues. thanks for the thoughts, I am off to bed now.

2012/7/13 1:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
Ya, no matter what we believe on the issue, it is not a salvation or even a saintification issue. And what ever conclusion we have it has some speculation. I just find it interesting to disscuss and meditate about, you have brought up some good points to think about, I injoy brainstorming with others on such issues. thanks for the thoughts, I am off to bed now.

For sure man. The subject is definitely one of interest.

2012/7/13 1:07
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Gap fact or theory??

In order for it to be a Fact it would first have to be scientifically proven. Since no such experiment can actually happen it's a theory through and through. :)

2012/7/13 1:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
In order for it to be a Fact it would first have to be scientifically proven. Since no such experiment can actually happen it's a theory through and through. :)

REPENT!

*It's an inside joke, between mguldner and I. Don't anyone get bent out of shape. :P*

2012/7/13 1:24

Re:

Funny guys!

Actually we were taught both views and I felt the Prof leaned toward 'the gap' but left the class with "it doesn't matter". I thought that was a good way to do it.

This link below was done by two pastors that I thought was done well and with a bit of humor and I do believe the secret lies in the definition of the Hebrew word for "was" in Genesis 1:2 and that the angels fell before Gen 1:3.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/gap_theorists_defended.htm

I've been a gapper since hearing both sides from that gray haired Prof 30 something yrs ago -- but I also take his attitude that it Really doesn't matter - because it's been a controversy from the beginning of time. Half of the long-dead commentartors believed the gap and half didn't. Plenty still on both sides.

You youngin's behave now. :)

2012/7/13 2:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy