SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New to Sermon Index!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

New to Sermon Index!

I'm excited! I use this website as a crucial resource for my expositional studies. Thank you so much for this service!

I am not going to expound on the details regarding my identity, vocation, goals, etc. Suffice it to say that The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit are the only perspectives that matter to me. And I want what God wants. God has graced me with a love for His Word so powerful that all of my desires are aimed at living it out in faithful obedience. It is a beautiful struggle.

Posting and reading the contributions to this website will be added to my very short list of discrertionary thinking time activities.

Though I know you not, I cherish every one of you and have confidence that your posts will help me grow as a Christian.

Look forward to our future communication.

Love-in-Christ

KP

2012/7/12 18:39Profile
Dlight

Re: New to Sermon Index!

Hello KP,

Welcome to Sermon Index! This site (particularly the sermon section) has been a great blessing to me since I discovered it about two years ago. It's always exciting to see a new comer.

It's encouraging to hear from others walking this path of seemingly endless struggle and yet joy and peace unspeakable. May God continue to guide us home.

I have to warn you though, expect to find many back and forth arguments in the forums. ;)

In Christ,
Daphne.

2012/7/12 20:34Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re: New to Sermon Index!

Welcome brother KP. This site is a great resource for many materials and medias. Glad to have you walking alongside the rest of us via the internet.

2012/7/12 20:47Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

I am definitely walking alongside (mosttimes "running"..."that I may obtain").

The creators of this site have done an immense service to the Christian community! And it's all FREE! Wow! I have downloaded so many treasures from this site that I feel inclined to give back in some way. Next Stop...A. W. Tozer archives.

I am not a "FaceBook" user and I go weeks without checking my email. This is more my style of useful, no, "valuable" internet communication and time. I just wish there were more Christian websites with the spiritual credibility of Sermon Index. I usually have to rely on Seminary websites to find solid Bible exposition and teaching. Dallas Theological Seminary is a particular favorite. It would be a dream come true to study there, but I don't think I possess the proper caliber for admission (esp. fiscally speaking).

Right Now, I'm privately studying Genesis under the expository mentorship of Ray Stedman, Allistair Begg and J. Vernon McGee. This website makes this space-time continuum spanning tutelage possible.

I may have queries along the way that I'd like to share with my Brothers and Sisters on SermonIndex. Currently, I am in Genesis 27.

When I consider the life of Isaac, thus far, he seems to be a very peace-loving and patient man. I am impressed with the spiritual maturity he exhibited in response to the envious destruction of the wells by the Philistines and Abimelech's sending him away! Issac is a true pacifist! He teaches me a great deal about the proper way to respond to our enemies.

Here I go again...I'll stop here.

Thank you for the welcome! Hope to talk to you again.
Let me know what you think of Isaac and how he compares to his father and his son.

Love-in-Christ

KP

2012/7/12 21:52Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Greetings, Daphne!

I like the "back and forth" as long as it is in the spirit of Christ's love. I'm sure that there are so many gifted and anointed men and women who use this site and I want to be in their midst so that I may glean graciously from the tapped and untapped wisdom in this place.

And this path is, indeed, a struggle. Yet, it is especially dark and scary in the absence of God's Word and genuine Christian fellowship/encouragement.

Though I don't communicate online very often, I'm finding that it can be just as legitimate a form of fellowship as face-to-face communication. As the latter form is becoming less genuine and more dangerous in this age...

..Maybe there is a correlation - I don't know.

The peace I feel is not only unspeakable, but inexplicable when I consider the circumstances both near and far. Yet, faith is believing God instead of our circumstance, unbelief is vice versa...I'm learning.s

God will continue to guide us home, for He is faithful to complete His good work.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/7/12 22:06Profile
learn

Re:

Welcome IssacharSon. Wow, I like you already for your unbridled joy in God's word and the forum. I do agree with Dlight, there are some really with regards to the arguements.

Hope you can partipate more.

2012/7/13 9:34Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Lord willing, I will.

Arguing over God's precious, peace-giving Word is a fruitless exercise for the Pharisees.

And my joy is very often bridled...hmmm...(sigh)

During those moments (because that is all it takes to lose one's joy) when I forget who the Lord is. The more God reveals His Word, the more my identity becomes tied up in it. So, if I forget Him, I lose myself, as well.

I am looking forward to that eternal moment when I shall never, ever forget.

You all are a treasure trove of spritual inspiration. If only I lived in a neighborhood with folks like you (plural).

I live in a virtual cemetery where the spirit of the sluggard dwells.

"There's a lion in the neighborhood and everyone goes back to bed"

And the Lion if Christ.

This is...

...I cannot murmur and complain about my circumstances, but my enthusiasm for God's Word is not shared in my living quarters. It is, infact, scorned upon here and most of my conversation is about Him - Hence, I don't talk much.

I have convinced one person in this household to join me twice a week to study / hear God's Word. We are studying Prayer on Wednesday nights and doing a "Panorama of the Scriptures" every Sunday. It is just me and one other person. Very lonely, indeed.

Especially when I observe the Jehovah Witnesses who live across the street and fellowship all the time over a doctrine which denies the true identity of Christ.

People will gather in droves to study a lie but not so to fellowship in truth. (scratching my head)

Hence, this place is a haven - though virtual.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/7/13 13:49Profile
learn

Re:

[Quote :
Arguing over God's precious, peace-giving Word is a fruitless exercise for the Pharisees]

...There is a right and wrong for it. We can discuss/debate, the problem here many times is its not done in the right spirit. We go about it trying to brow beat others to agree with us instead of asking God to show us how its to be done and whether we should answer it in the 1st place. I will say though, despite our stubborness and pride, God does use these posts to help us understand the bible better and to build us up.

----
[Quote :
...I cannot murmur and complain about my circumstances, but my enthusiasm for God's Word is not shared in my living quarters. It is, infact, scorned upon here and most of my conversation is about Him - Hence, I don't talk much.]

I can relate to this. They don't scorn the word, more like talking about other things all the time which I have no interest.

-----
[Quote :
I have convinced one person in this household to join me twice a week to study / hear God's Word. We are studying Prayer on Wednesday nights and doing a "Panorama of the Scriptures" every Sunday. It is just me and one other person. Very lonely, indeed.]

Awesome on getting another person to join you. Pray to God for others to join as well.

----
[Quote :
People will gather in droves to study a lie but not so to fellowship in truth. (scratching my head)]

Well, if they are not saved, its hard for them to want to fellowship in truth. God's way is very hard indeed. Its much better for the humans to enjoy themselves than to follow God's way a long as the spirit of God is not in them.

2012/7/13 14:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy