SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Functioning Members of the Body - Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Functioning Members of the Body - Watchman Nee

From whom all the body fitly framed and knit together through that which every joint supplieth. Ephesians 4.16.

Because we are members of the body of Christ and members each in its part, we must seek how to help the body in gaining life and strength. In any gathering, even if we do not open our mouths, we may pray silently. Even though we may not speak, we can still look to God. If we have seen the body, we cannot say we are a person of no consequence. We will rather say: I am a member of the body, and hence I have a duty to perform. I have a word which I should speak, I have a prayer which I should utter. When I come to the meeting I must do whatever God wants me to do. I cannot afford to be a spectator. As we all function, the life of the entire gathering will swallow up all death.

2012/7/12 9:33Profile

Re: Functioning Members of the Body - Watchman Nee

Yes and Amen. ALL of His Saints are part of Him that works together in His Body.

Thank you for your contributions, Brother.

2012/7/12 13:48
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you sister for your comments!

This daily devotional by Nee means a lot to me because we lead a monthly prayer meeting, and we encourage everyone there to pray and share whatever the Lord puts on their heart. We thank God that the Holy Spirit leads us in these prayer times because we do not know how or what to pray for as we should, but we always seek to pray for what is on the Lord's heart. God has always been faithful to be with us and lead us in these meetings.

Mike

2012/7/12 14:49Profile

Re:

Blessings, Brother.

Today is my 'day off'. I've been enjoying going far back on just this Devotional Thoughts section and with Wintley Phipps singing the Great Hymns on the media player.
Can't explain what a time it's been for me.
There's GOLD in these pages.
Devotional Thoughts has always been my favorite section of the Forum. I've always felt that it is the Quiet Place and one to find Sanctuary in our busy days ~ Praise The LORD of Glory for it!

I've noticed and have truly appreciated these recent ones of Nee. I do believe they were meant to be here for such a time as this - as are the Saints and the prayers of your monthly prayer meeting.

Thank you again - to you & yours - all of His Best.

2012/7/12 16:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy