SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Mormonism a cult? How can you do this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Chris wrote,

Quote:
Remember: You aren't speaking to unsaved men here. You are speaking to children of God who know their Savior.

Brother... It is this very FACT that I started this thread in the first place.

Quote:
You don't have to speculate about our eternal spiritual condition or speculate about their motives.

No speculation here. Examining yourself and your walk in the light of scripture is something we should always be doing.

Quote:
I just think that we must be careful with our language.

Thank you for your rebuke and I will take this under consideration as a brother in Christ.

Blessings!

Christiaan

2012/7/12 14:32Profile

Mormon or Charismatic: the Prez is secular anyhow, but Abortionist? no

BrotherTom,

"I read your first few posts and was beginning to see that you were making some sense to this whole thing about voting and our rights as a Christian to pray and be led by God to make a choice of the candidate that we believe would be more in line with Christian principles. Then you took a u-turn in the road and went completely against what you previously said because of articles you read about Romney in the past.

"Now Tom are you going to be a [pacifist] and do nothing when it comes to voting because of someone’s past." Rbanks

BT speaking;
"This is what I posted Rbanks in my original response:

"I do not vote for any elected official according to his faith, or lack of it, especially in Presidential elections, because there never have been any in my lifetime."

I do look at the character, and veracity of a man, and how he may handle the office, in comparison to another; in this case, a man embracing abortion and wicked anti-Christ sentiments about a sodomite nation; and a Muslim, Obama.

Is it wrong to select the best man for the office, be it the lessor of two evils? I do not think it wrong. He is not my spiritual leader. I am commanded in the word to pray for my political leaders, and submit to to the law, but God first.

....!!!"_I personally draw the line around Abortion, and after that, just look at politics as secular._"...!!!

This is a personal moral conviction that I carry. I PERSONALLY DRAW THE LINE AROUND ABORTION! Somehow I had determined that Mitt Romney was pro-life. I had in my memory the fact the he was pro-abortion once, but I never knew the depth of his commitment to it; it is/was complete; even to the forging in Romney/care of specific practices, including partial birth Abortions as health-care, with specific fees delegated in each abortion as co-pay in Massachusetts' Romney-care bill, that he endorsed.

In some investigation I did, on a personal level, I also became aware of the flip-flops, jumping back and forth from pro-life to pro-infant homicide. In my own mind, I decided that Romney simply rode the political winds with his convictions; he was a hypocrite; two faced.

I think he is yet that way; I cannot trust him to believe that what he says he is, is what he is. Whatever appealed to the prevailing success of the hour, was who he would be. Massachusetts: a liberal defender of the woman's right to destroy her child via abortion.

As the Republican Candidate for President, in which he began preparations for in 2006, He instantly became A Pro-life champion. When I weighed my previous hopes about him with the history, and the sheer amount of flip-flops, I determined that he was just carrying the mask with him to use for any political advantage, as politicians do to keep or gain power.

I also determined that he was directly responsible for thousands, if not tens of thousands of infanticide murders under his own Romneycare laws he pushed, with no apparent conviction of it or sorrow at all; Not a whiff of regret. Now, I hate abortion; after all, I am a Republican.

"Is it wrong to select the best man for the office, be it the lessor of two evils? I do not think it wrong. He is not my spiritual leader. I am commanded in the word to pray for my political leaders, and submit to to the law, but God first.

....!!!"_I personally draw the line around Abortion, and after that, just look at politics as secular._"...!!!

If it were not for myself becoming aware of this one issue, I would vote against Obama; for Romney in this coming election, without any conviction of sin, him being a Mormon or a Charismatic. In my own mind, while doing some study on Romney's historical wavering on this most sacred issue of life and death, I determined him unfit; not his perverted religion.

I cannot, nor will not ever vote for a person endorsing the murder of the innocents; Romney has this very blood on his hands, and has shown no sorrow for it, and he is disingenuous. These are my own personal convictions, and I in no way judge those who may. I hope this answers your question Rbanks.

I knew that someone would question it as flip-flopping while calling out the same, and really am glad to clear it up. Thanks for the kind and thought provoking reply. bt

2012/7/12 14:57
rbanks

Re: Mormon or Charismatic: the Prez is secular anyhow, but Abortionist? no

Thanks for your kind reply brothertom!

We are going to only really have two choices in November and I am not totally convinced that we should stand by and not vote against the current administration.

2012/7/12 15:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy