SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How To Know You Are Being Perfected in Love and You Are In Him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

How To Know You Are Being Perfected in Love and You Are In Him

If we are not being perfected in love, then we are not being perfected in anything.

These two verses tell us how we know that we are IN HIM and that we are being PERFECTED IN LOVE.

We are being perfected in love 1) if we love one another and 2) if we keep His word.

1Jn_2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jn_4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Both verses tell us how we can know that we are IN HIM and both tell us how we can know that we are being perfected in LOVE.

What does it mean if we are not loving one another or keeping His word?

Pilgrim

2012/7/10 0:47Profile
Hero_Sky

Re: How To Know You Are Being Perfected in Love and You Are In Him

Maybe someone that isn't being a hypocrite, and doing all the thing that Jesus commands (in public and private life, through thoughts and actions)John 15:10
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

2012/7/12 14:04Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Hard Question to Answer.

2012/7/13 13:29Profile
learn

[Quote :
What does it mean if we are not loving one another or keeping His word? ]

It means we are in sin. When we choose to follow our flesh instead of His spirit, we are sinning against God. There is nothing good that dwells in our flesh.

However, the only way for us to stop sinning is to turn our lives over to God. We cannot change our lives, only God can. (PS : I'm not talking about sinless perfection which I do not believe in)

2012/7/13 16:03Profile

Re:

What does it mean if we are not loving one another or keeping His word?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It means that we are not crucified - we are not dead to sin. On the contrary, if we love our neighbour and keep His word, we are perfect, that is, we are as God intended us to be and can restore us to, if we are willing to pay the price.

Scripture is black and white, and sinless perfection has the answers to questions like these, plainly and simply.

2012/7/13 16:38
learn

Re:

Krautfrau, I'm really curious. Appreciate your reply. Do you consider yourself to be better/more holy than
1) Peter
2) John
3) King David
6) King Solomon
7) Prophet Isaiah, Jeremiah
9) Abraham
10)Jacob
11) Greg Gordon (sermonindex admin here)
12) All the other posters here on sermonindex

Thanks

2012/7/13 17:32Profile

Re:

learn

I consider that 1 - 10 became perfect, sometimes after great sins. 11 and 12 I do not consider perfect because they say they do still sin perhaps unintentionally and do not accept scriptural perfection. Myself, I consider to be nothing particularly since I have know perfection in the past.

But I guess you are asking how would I see myself if I was perfect. I would still consider myself chief of sinners because it is all His righteousness.

2012/7/13 17:44
Elibeth

pilgrim,

You asked,

" what does it mean if we are not loving one another or keeping
His Word ?"

I would say,..that we are missing the mark,...and it is what goes on
Inside of that narrow gate,..It is the kingdom life,...the way of the King....
The image of Jesus.

There is a HIGH CALLING in God, as Paul said,....and we just must
love the Lord more,...and I believe that must be with all our heart,
soul,mind,strength,......that being our goal,and what we are reaching for.

He MUST INCREASE and we DECREASE.

When He moves / teaches us,..keeping His Words and not throwing
His Words to the ground,keeping our words.

I loved your post,...it is sobbering and it causes me / us to think .

Thank you,
elizabeth

2012/7/13 17:50Profile
learn

Re:

[by krautfrau on 2012/7/13 14:44:37

But I guess you are asking how would I see myself if I was perfect. I would still consider myself chief of sinners because it is all His righteousness]

I am confused. I thought you mentioned in the other thread that you have only fallen from sinless perfection twice and right now you are sinless. Or are you now currently in sin again? Thanks

2012/7/13 19:06Profile

Re:

I am not consciously sinning but I have lost the assurrance in my heart and I am not seeing daily miracles.

2012/7/14 1:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy