SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for me. Discouraged.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
shachah

Please pray for me. Discouraged.

I don't often ask for prayer because I feel selfish knowing how others have great needs but I need some support from other Christians right now. I no longer have meaningful fellowship with the Christians from my church and I feel misunderstood or ignored when I try to talk to them. Sadly, the things of God seem to interest very few. I have felt very much alone and discouraged these past few months. I have struggled with my faith, I have struggled with worship, I have lost my joy. I am disappointed in myself. I have been so distracted and hurt by this and i am weak. I miss enjoying God's presence. Please pray that God would come close to me again and build me back up. I want Him to use me. Please pray that God would enable me to connect with like minded people and that the Christians in my church would know God more fully.
Thankyou.

2012/7/9 20:14Profile
learn

Re: Please pray for me. Discouraged.

Hi, I just prayed for you.

You can hang around here (we do bicker and fight but we also love one another) :)
And never think that you are selfish or not worthy to be prayed for. Everyone of His children are worthy to be prayed for. Also, pls know that God loves you although you may not feel Him close by.

Remember Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever

2012/7/9 20:39Profile

Dear Shachah, many of us have been alone for very long seasons and that's when the enemy seems to get at us and causes us to feel that GOD has left us alone, when actually, it's the aloneness we're feeling from being alone from others.
The LORD allowed me to be alone for a very long time but sent me one dynamic friend, way back then, that I could call or be with and her strength and faith in GOD held me during the most incredibly difficult years of my life. Just one Christian friend can do that. Amen!
Later, as her life got busier, after being there for me any time I needed for over 25 yrs, GOD sent another strong Christian friend that held me up. I still have them both and feel I've met yet another Sister that I could call anytime I need to talk. We're talking about near 30 yr period - but I knew that HE wanted me in that almost-wilderness so that I depended on Him alone and would learn His Voice above all of the thousands of voices out there and to study His Word without influences or distractions and a few other reasons for spiritual strength.

I prayed to find my first friend and GOD answered after a few years. I knew lots of people, but to have someone that you can confide in and they'd understand everything about you [and love you anyway] - that usually is a rare find.

I'd like to pray that you find such a friend and then find somewhere that you can just worship with folks. I love corporate worship because it makes me feel that we're before The Throne in Heaven.

Yes, we'll pray for you dear Saint. Be of good cheer. He hasn't deserted you - Amen!

2012/7/9 20:42

Dear fellow believer,

I only have a brief moment to respond at this time, but perhaps others will respond as well.

Be encouraged, brother. It may be a little consolation for you to be reminded that there are MANY brothers and sisters out in the wilderness right now. I see them all over the country, and all over the world. For the true believer, seeking to really know God as He really is, and to serve Him completely, sometimes the road is lonely. In our lack of good, wholesome, spirit-filled fellowship, we get weak and tired; and sometimes we fall back into that "old man" who talks us into doing the things that we "would not do." (Rom. 7)

I would encourage you to perhaps do a quick read of the book of Acts, and do your best to put yourself in the shoes of the believers (apostles) then. Ask the Spirit of the Lord to strengthen you from within and to help you see and know your spiritual posture through Jesus Christ. Sincerely confess your shortcomings to Him and humbly accept His forgiveness - then move on in a spirit of grace (power) and humility. We will pray that He will strengthen your heart.

2012/7/9 21:19
MaryJane

I will pray for you. I pray HE will draw you close to HIM and that you will very soon find the fellowship of other brothers and sisters in the LORD.

God bless
maryjane

2012/7/9 21:55Profile
ET101

Re:

I will pray too, Shachah.

But also know this: being alone, separated and misunderstood. . .hurt. . .depressed. . .sometimes are God's very own sending. They really change who you are and make you more reliant on Him alone, more independent from others while dependent on Him, and basically, it comes with the faith :-)

So take joy too in the sufferings. Abide in Him and hold on strong in Him while bravely asking Him to do whatever it takes to make you exactly as He wishes. ..

I will pray today.

2012/7/10 1:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I just added this video brother that might encourage you greatly in the Lord:

(Words Of Life) 60 - The Purpose Of Failure by Zac Poonen
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=3049

2012/7/10 2:09Profile
brothagary

Re:

amen to all the prayers here

i no how you you feel brother

2012/7/10 3:17Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

" Do not err, my beloved brethern. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, WITH WHOM IS NO VARIABLENESS, NEITHER SHADOW OF TURNING." james 1 16,17

I am with you in prayer. Variableness belongs to us. Our lives may vary. We find it high at times but again down at times. Though your life vary, remember that God still has no variableness and does not set like a sun which sets and causes shadow by turning away. God never has a shadow of turning. Though you change, he never changes so you are not lost. He is the same for you whether you are on a top of a mountain or deep in a valley. Because of his unchanging attribute, you are not lost!

2012/7/10 8:38Profile
shachah

I appreciate all your prayers, encouragement and advice. I found the video useful, in particular, the story of Peter's failings being used by God to humble him and then using him mightily on the day of Pentecost.
I should also clarify that I am female. Thankyou for your support.

2012/7/10 10:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy