SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : God Will Do It Again

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

God Will Do It Again

I know at times things can seem dark and the mountains of life can seem to be so great, but light shines best in darkness and God is so much greater than that mountain. Like all throughout the scriptures when people where in their worst situations they knew what to do, go find the man of God and let's see what God has to say about this situation. Like in 2Kings 4:1-7 this widow had a creditor at her door demanding payment or else he was going to take her two sons as payment, now that's a rough situation. But, notice what she did she went to the man of God for help. And the man of God with a word from God told her to go borrow vessels from her neighbors and don't just borrow a few, but as many as you can get and God would fill them with the oil she said had in her house. And she did go borrow vessels from her neighbors and began to pour out the oil and the little oil she had God miraculously multiplied to fill all those vessels. Notice God didn't tell her to put her two sons to work and let them do something. No, because that would have made it her responsibility, but notice who God put the responsibility on himself. I love that it was not her responsibility to get herself out of debt, but God put it on himself. Now, she had a job to do (borrow the vessels), but God was the source of her getting out of debt. And it didn't take him 3 or 4 weeks to do it, but hours.

How about the widow in 1Kings 17 there was a great famine in the land and God sent Elijah to a widow that God said He had commanded her to sustain him. And yet when he came to her and asked for a little water and a little cake she replied all I have left is enough for me and my son and we are going to eat it and die. But, God has already said He commanded her to sustain him. Elijah had to tell her "Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make of me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after that make for thee and thy son. For thus saith the Lord God of Isreal, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth." And she did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house did eat many days. What was the key issue in her situation, the word of God. What's the key issue in your situation, the word of God. What God says is always the key issue.

Like in 2Kings 6 there was a great famine in the land and people were eating their babies and buying dove dung to eat and the suffering was great. The king finally wised up and decided to go see Elisha the man of God to get a word from God. And Elisha said, "Hear ye the word of the Lord; thus saith the Lord, Tomorrow about this time, shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measure of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria." And a lord on whose arm the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, "Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be?" And Elisha said "Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shall not eat thereof." Make sure you don't speak againt God's word. Make what God says about your situation what you say about your situation. So what happened, there was 4 lepers at the gate of Samaria that decided to go into the enemies camp and as they went the Lord made them hear the sound of a great army and they fled and left all their goods and when the lepers came and saw that they had fled and left all their goods they went and told the rest of the people and they came and things turned out just as God said. And what happened to the man that spoke against the word of God, he got trampled by the people and was killed. Just as the man of God said he saw it, but he didn't partake of it.

I can't help but notice in each situation that God toke it upon himself to take care of it. So, what are you worried about it's not your load to carry. Put the weight on God's shoulders they're a lot stronger than yours. Doesn't He tell you in 1Peter 5:7 to cast your cares on him because he cares for you. Keep your focus on the word of God and not your situation. Like, Peter walking on the water in Matthew 14 as long as his focus was on Jesus(the word) he was fine, but the moment he made his situation his focus he became afraid and began to sink. The word is always the key factor in any situation including yours.

2012/7/7 17:16Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: God Will Do It Again

Amen, thanks for the exhortation and encouragement!

In Christ,

Ron

2012/7/7 22:29Profile
ET101

Re:

Wow. Thank you so much. You should write a devotional.

2012/7/8 11:10Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you ET101 for your encouraging words I just might do that. Thanks!

2012/7/9 1:14Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you InTheLight for taking the time to read this
I'm glad it was able to minister to you. Thanks!

2012/7/9 1:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy