SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Cause/Effect…..Sin must has a Source

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Blessings - Heb 13:13.

2012/7/8 3:30
proudpapa

Re: savannah

Re: savannah wrote
/Jesus-is-GOD,aka Dorcas,aka Linn,

You persist in at-tempting to teach men as your co-hort Brenda does.

You were warned and your name made anonymous by the moderators on a few occasions over the years,but such has not tamed your spirit. You were spreading false doctrine and were not submitted as a meek and quiet spirited woman ought to. Sadly you've not learned to be such a woman as the Scripture and the Spirit teach.

It is to your shame and to the bad health of both your body and spirit that you've not been humbled over these many years. I do pity you and pray that you'd repent that the LORD may have mercy upon you yet.

If you do not heed these words I fear lest a worse thing come upon you. It is not usual for me to speak thus,therefore I am beseeching you that you do not ignore what you read here.

You have a deeply hostile spirit toward "men" which must go! Your post exudes with that spirit,not the mere words but that which is behind those words which have surfaced.

It has been a long time comin' over these many years,and you've been exhorted and admonished more than a few times in your life. I speak not just concerning SI. You know of that which I speak.

I'd exhort you to go to the elders and confess,and ask that they pray for you lest a worse thing come upon you.

You'll continue in bad health,both physically and spiritually if you refuse to humble yourself. You'll contine to be easily offended and embittered rather than be easily entreated and at peace having true humility unless you rid yourself of this infirmity of these many years.

You might have begun your post thus -

First rule of proper hermeneutics = Scripture interprets Scripture - not women.

...but you did not!/

Wow, Savannah this reminds me of How the Calvinist Puritans treated Mary Dyer and Ann Hutchinson, Thankfully you have no political power.

Galatians 4:29
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Have you forgot what you wrote?? http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45078&forum=35&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1

2012/7/8 19:45Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
You'll continue in bad health,both physically and spiritually if you refuse to humble yourself. You'll contine to be easily offended and embittered rather than be easily entreated and at peace having true humility unless you rid yourself of this infirmity of these many years.

Savannah, I think you are confused. SermonIndex is a very large public street corner where the saved and unsaved come to converse. It is exactly like standing on the public street corner and conversing with a lot of people that you don't know. I hope you wouldn't shut someone down on a public street corner? And I am not shutting you down, please continue in the vein you are in if you like. But, it's not really a good way to act in public.

I would guess you do not have any relationship with Annie or Brenda outside of this forum (public street). What you are saying to her is considered a curse in the OT. I urge Annie and Brena to reject your words (curse) and I urge you to jump into the NT and show some grace and love to people that you really don't know. And if you did know them, you would speak to them privately instead of making such a scene. I don't think they are the ones lacking humility.

Pilgrim

2012/7/8 21:34Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Seems like is some fine examples of the old carnal fleshy nature in this thread.

Scripture plainly teaches that there is something that remains to be "put off"

1. What is it ?

So what is the cause of these things in the believer; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings and such like.

2.What is it?

-------------------------------
Quote :by murrcolr on 2012/7/7 14:50:00

Quote: Now it is a divine fact that we have been crucified with Christ. We are NOW totally and absolutely dead. This is NOT a positional truth but an actual true reality

Eph 4:22-25 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man “Wherefore” meaning for this cause or for this reason “put away”

Col 3: 8-9 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds

Another scripture encouraging us to “put off “since we have put off the old man…

A few verse up in Col 3:5 we are encouraged to “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth”

What your saying is correct “We have been crucified with Christ” but you miss it when you say “We are NOW totally and absolutely dead” because if we were totally and absolutely dead then we won’t be encouraged to mortify or in other words “put to death” our members on this earth and we wouldn’t be encouraged to “put away” or “put off” if was completely “put away” or completely “put off”

2012/7/9 8:03Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I believe this attitude is something we should stand in by faith, daily.

There are things that we must "put on", by faith, daily.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Pilgrim

2012/7/9 8:44Profile

We are dead

I did respond to this already but I will try again

It is impossible to reckon your self dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord if was not an already accomplished fact by God in Christ.

Look at What Watchman Nee said in the Normal Christian Life.

------

"Many of us read Romans 6:11,`Even so reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin, but alive unto God in Christ Jesus.' Oh! we exclaim, I have tried that. I have tried to reckon myself dead to sin, but I always find I have sinned before I have had time to get the reckoning done!

But what is reckoning? Here is a five-dollar note in my wallet. I reckon I have five dollars, for the simple reason that I have it here. What use would be reckoning if I didn't have it? Reckoning means book-keeping, keeping accounts. And common sense tells us that accounts must bear a direct relation to the cash in the till. God commands us to reckon ourselves dead because we are dead, and for no other reason. `Our old man was crucified with him' (6. 6), and we know this. Therefore we are told to count upon it. The fact of the death comes before our reckoning on it, not the other way round. That is the difference between victory and defeat. The money is in my wallet, whether I reckon it is there or not; and I am dead with Christ, whether I reckon upon the fact or not. On the cross of Christ, God included me in Him, and so I have been crucified.

Let me repeat that. It is not that I identify myself with Christ; it is that God has included me in Him. He has already done it. This is something that can come to us with a flash of new- understanding. Just as once God opened our eyes to see our sins laid upon Christ, so again He must open our eyes to see our own selves in Christ. And this is something He delights to do. Suddenly we see with a flash of insight that all that Christ has already done has become ours. Thus union with Christ in death disposes of our whole unhappy past."

----

It is an divine fact the we are dead and that is the only reason why anyone can reckon it.

The word mortify means dealing with something that is already dead. I can kill nothing but because God has put my old sinful nature to death and now because of that fact it is easy for me to deal with because it is dead.

It is impossible to mortify something if it is not dead already!!!!

2012/7/9 10:46
pilgrim777

Re: We are dead

And it is impossible to "reckon yourself dead to sin", if you have not been joined to Christ by His Spirit.

The "religious" don't know what this means, and that is why they err in the extreme on grace. They have no understanding of walking in victory so the create an "accomodating" Gospel (accomodating sin).

True Conversion is the door into the Sheepfold. Everything else is fleshly, religious activity. Holiness and Righteousness don't mean anything to the religious. They have created their own definition of it, thereby nullifying what God's word really means.

1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your BODY, and in your SPIRIT, which are God's.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Pilgrim

2012/7/9 11:08Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: We are dead

Quote: The word mortify means dealing with something that is already dead. I can kill nothing but because God has put my old sinful nature to death and now because of that fact it is easy for me to deal with because it is dead.

It is impossible to mortify something if it is not dead already!!!!

Quote: It is impossible to mortify something if it is not dead already!!!

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Mortify strongs concordance G3449 nekroō 1) to make dead, to put to death, slay 2) worn out a) of an impotent old man 3) to deprive of power, destroy the strength

Make dead your members on the earth or Put to death your members on the earth…..

2012/7/9 14:09Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Quote: I believe this attitude is something we should stand in by faith, daily.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. If your are by faith believing that one day you will experience being dead to sin then I applaud you, well done. As there is a big difference between being positionaly dead in Christ and experiencing it as a reality.

Quote: There are things that we must "put on", by faith, daily.

Amen that what scripture says

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

“Put on” --- Amen

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

But why do we have to “Put on” if we have already “Put on the new man?”

Col 3:8-9 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

But we also have to “Put off” because we have already “put off the old man”

2012/7/9 14:39Profile

Re:

If you did not see this

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45659&forum=34&0

2012/7/9 15:10

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy