SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SermonIndex Book club?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

SermonIndex Book club?

Would anyone be interested in starting up to some degree a book club type format? As in we select a good Christian book (yes I know the bible is a Great book but there are also other good book to help encourage good Christian living) but select the book and do a read by read chapter and discuss the insight we find within the chapters.

If anyone is interested please let me know. If the Moderators are for or against this idea I would greatly appreciate knowing as well.

Thanks,
Matthew

2012/7/5 19:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: SermonIndex Book club?

Quote:
SermonIndex Book club?

Dear Brother,

This is a great idea and we have done this in the past. For example we had a serious on Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravnehill and encouraged people to read along chapter by chapter and we made comments and asked questions.

We have talked about doing this again. The only problem I would see with letting other people then the moderators choose books is that sermonindex would not possibly want to endorse the book chosen.

Perhaps some suggestions can be send to the moderators to initiate the specific book to do an "official" chapter by chapter reading of it overtime with conversations and comments on each chapter by saints here.

2012/7/6 1:22Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

That would be great :) Glad this has been done before. I am definitely willing to get the moderators consent on what book we should read as a whole.

I would love to review Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer or The Holy War by John Bunyan :)

2012/7/6 3:35Profile
ET101

Re:

Wonderful idea!

Please may we select books that are available free. . .preferably online?

2012/7/6 5:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy