SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The 'God Particle' (Daniel 12:4)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Blayne

The 'God Particle' (Daniel 12:4)

The 'God Particle' (Daniel 12:4)

In the world of science, the excitement doesn't mount much higher than the frenzy this past Wednesday around the announcement that scientists at the world's biggest atom smasher may have found the 'God particle'. This discovery is reported to be one of the greatest achievements in science, rivalling the discovery of the structure of DNA in 1953 and the Apollo Moon landings of the 1960s and 1970s. It evidently explains why some particles have mass, but why others, such as photons of light, do not.
It was a breakthrough that took almost half a century of deep thought, more than 30 years of painstaking experimentation and a massive £2.6bn machine. Scientists are claiming that they had found the subatomic particle that will confirm how the universe works.

"In the nineteenth century, it took about fifty years to double the world's knowledge. Today, the base of knowledge doubles in less than a year". ['Teaching and Learning In the Digital Age' Report].

"We're all striving to keep up with the quantum leaps being made in all areas of knowledge. It's estimated that medical knowledge, for example, doubles every seven years, and scientific knowledge doubles every twenty years. The total written knowledge in the world is said to have doubled between 1450 and 1750, and then to have doubled again between 1750 and 1900. Between 1900 and 1950, human knowledge doubled once more, and then again from 1950 to 1975. Now, it is believed to double every 900 days. By the year 2020, global knowledge is predicted to double every 72 days!", [Professor R.M. Brown]

A Two-Fold Prophecy Fulfillment

There are two scriptural promises reaching special fulfilment in our days. Daniel 12:4 tells us that knowledge shall increase, and Joel 2:28 predicts that God will pour out his Spirit upon all flesh. The fulfilment of both these verses has a twofold result.

First we see that during the lost few decades the spirit of natural man is being activated to a high degree. In past centuries the scholars had no less intelligence than present day scientists. Yet the knowledge of even the most intelligent among them was only a fraction of the results of modern researchers.

We see that the spirit which God gave to mankind now reaches a tremendous development because of the fact that the Spirit of God is active upon "all flesh". The source that leads to this highly developed science originates from out of the human spirit. When the activity of the human spirit increases, the mind also greatly increases in activity. This urges mankind on to its highest levels of brain power, so that in a very short time stupendous results are achieved in the natural world; previously believed as near impossible.

But there is also an increase of knowledge in the spiritual world. The result is that "your sons and daughters prophecy and your young men see visions". We are entering an age when the human spirit of God's faithful becomes united with the Holy Spirit in an especially powerful way which empowers them to achieve great things in the kingdom of God. The children of God are receiving extraordinary knowledge concerning the kingdom of God. God's faithful are being spiritually endowed with royal gifts and priestly powers of the future age. They are increasingly enabled to pull the mask off the enemy's face and to conquer him. Their spiritual senses have been trained to discern between good and evil which leads to their triumph over the devices of the prince of darkness.

Power and life

Jesus taught: "God is Spirit". Therefore He is power and life.
God's eternal power was revealed from the beginning of creation when He transformed this power into matter and light. God created the visible universe as a testimony of His greatness, majesty and wisdom. He created the astronomical spaces and established His creation in time and place.

All life is from God and when life is bestowed God yields something of Himself. God created plants that bear seeds, and trees that carry fruits. The result of this was that the earth is covered with greenery. He created Adam and Eve and from them originated the hundreds of millions of members of the human family.

God's majesty and wisdom is beyond comprehension. God had the courage to create mankind with the certainty that the results of His creation would give Him honour and praise. Such is His incomprehensible faith! And, a testimony to His wonderful faith in us too.

The miracle of life on earth is that matter and life have been joined to produce billions of forms and shapes. By His power, light and atmosphere were created, as well as water and dry land. God saw that the earth was very good to sustain and receive life and afterwards handed it over to the dominion of Adam.

Not only has the invisible been joined to the visible, but in man the temporal is joined with the invisible too. In man God prepared Himself a body, "The tent of God is with man". This is why the evil one does not direct his attack against the sun, moon or stars; these are all only matter. No, the powers of darkness attack life itself. They desire to penetrate the dwelling place of God; thus, as a spirit, they seek to unite with our life (human spirit) to make use of man for their own deviant purposes.

Visible and Invisible

Ours is the age of space probing. Man has visited the moon and this event enriched his knowledge of the visible world. It opened up vast new possibilities which surpass our vainest imaginations. Yet, it's exactly these fascinating events which risk drawing our attention away from the spiritual component of our lives where even mightier developments are being revealed.

Sun, moon and stars are part of the visible world. We often speak of them as being 'heaven'. But the firmanent is only a shadow or image of the real, unseen heaven. No one will encounter God while travelling outer space or the galaxies of the firmanent. God is spirit, and He is part of the unseen world. Only those who are spiritual, who are born into the Kingdom of God, whose eyes are open to the unseen world, are able to see Him.

It's not for nothing that the bible says: "Direct your attention at Him." For this, spiritual eyes are required. The things we experience in the visible world can oftentimes mean distraction in temporal life. But spiritual man has a higher vision and better expectations. He sees Jesus crowned with honour and glory.

Although Jesus' life on earth was not spectacular, in the unseen world He is the Son of the living God and into Whose image we are being transformed, and in Whose throne we also receive a place.

(Jus' sharing an article which I submitted to the 'ToT E-Zine' today)

2012/7/5 1:15Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: The 'God Particle' (Daniel 12:4)

Since you are submitting this as an article, you may be interested to consider that Daniel 12:4 may have nothing to do with the Higgs Boson. It has been popular to interpret this verse in terms of scientific understanding, but the chances are, this verse just means that knowledge pertaining to the "sealed" "words of the book" will increase. In other words, as the "end" approaches, the meaning of the sealed book will make more sense as people search out its meaning.

2012/7/5 9:53Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'Alreadymind'

Thanks for your kind suggestion.
Ummm, I've re-read the Thread again and I don't particularly see where it is claims that Daniel 12:4 has much to do with the so-called 'God Particle'. It may be jus' me, but I really can't see it for myself.

On the contrary, the emphasis is on our obtaining knowledge of the kingdom of God; spiritual insights/knowledge. However, I intentionally included the prophecy saying, "I will pour out my spirit upon ALL flesh", (Joel 2:28 & Acts 2:17).

"Many are taught (carry out research) and knowledge will increase", (Daniel 12:4, Septuagint). It is clearly our present time which sees the fulfillment of this Old Testament prophecy about the endtime.

In our days knowledge is increasing as never before, knowledge of natural matters but, above all, of spiritual matters.

Yes, I am in full agreement with your suggestion that, when read in its context, (and, it's always advisable to read bible verses in their context), it's plainly evident that the words of Daniel are referring exclusively to the discovery of spiritual truths.

The divine oracle given to him was: "And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament ... But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end" and then follows the prophecy about the increase of knowledge, (Dan 12:3,4).
Knowledge for the wise who will shine in the Kingdom of God like the brightness of the firmament; insight into the purposes and intents of God with the world and particularly with His people, are the matters which this promise of increased knowledge refers to.

This knowledge is not a thing of the mind but of the heart. "The words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end ... and none of the wicked shall understand; but those who are wise shall understand", (Dan 12:9-11). Not the godless, technocratic "rulers of this age"; rather, the children of God are the objects of these promises about knowledge and insight.

As never before God brings about among His people "not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away, but a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glorification", (1 Cor 2:6-8).

2012/7/5 10:29Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Please forgive me Blayne, I assumed from the first three paragraphs that you were saying that the increase in scientific knowledge was the fulfillment of Dan 12:4, and that the Higgs-Boson was part of that increase.

2012/7/5 11:58Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Please forgive me Blayne, I assumed from the first three paragraphs that you were saying that the increase in scientific knowledge was the fulfillment of Dan 12:4, and that the Higgs-Boson was part of that increase.

I thought the same. It might come off that way to other readers as well. Just letting you know.

2012/7/5 12:04Profile

Re: Old one out; New one in. God laughs at the fool.

They are exuberant because they have discovered the existence of a mechanism that gives mass and shape to everything; there-by the "God particle". They have not actually seen it, but by 30 or so years of scientific nuclear deduction, know that it is there. The hope is that they will be able to exploit it, as they have the nuclear atom, in a variety of ways; unlimited energy, space travel, etc.

The Lord said this when men began to unite under one language [ think computers, knowledge, and math.]

..And the Lord said, "Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do:

"and now NOTHING will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."..; Nothing.

Whoever would have thought that a man could walk on the moon?...or that live video chats could happen from remote corners of the Earth?

Really, they hate God, and defy him, and this joy is derived from ideas that they believe will prove His NON-existence; just a freak of nature that may have caused the Big-Bang. Then, through empirical logic, it is ALL a lie; "We proved it!" [ No God, No bible, No Jesus as Lord!]

But the Lord laughs at their derision and foolishness.

"Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?

" But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision."

A few years ago Ben Stein did a documentary "Expelled", and in it interviewed many of the evolutionary scientists with questions about their theories, like this one. The ultimate one was about this thing; the uncaused cause. After a paid interview with the world leader, in Europe, Stein pressed the man to the roots of his belief. What caused this?; answer...; well then what caused that? and so on.

At the very end of the interview, the great scientist admitted; "It was probably an alien race!" who created the Universe and Earth. Stein then replied
[smirkingly ]; "Where did they come from?".

Same thing here; Maybe they did discover the existence of a root genome that God put into matter. In the end, they are still fools.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Jesus is Lord Yahweh and created all life, and the Universe with just speaking it into existence, and he holds it in His palm. One day He will choose to annihilate it; dissolve it, and create another where this kind of foolishness does not deceive men, where truth and Rightness is everywhere all the time.

2012/7/5 12:25
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

BT wrote:

"Same thing here; Maybe they did discover the existence of a root genome that God put into matter. In the end, they are still fools."

Should scientists be doing research of this type? Is it "morally wrong?" If not, why call them fools for doing the research? Was Madame Curie a fool? How about Isaac Newton, or Crick and Watson?

I agree that if they are doing the research IN ORDER TO PROVE there is no God, they are foolish. But I seriously doubt this is the basis for their research. Perhaps it is for a relatively small few. But even if they are atheists or agnostic, it does not mean they are doing the research in order to disprove the existence of God. They are probably doing the research because 1) They are way smarter than I am and I can't do it; 2) they find it interesting and 3) they perceive some benefit to mankind.

It simply does not do for Christians to lambast scientific research and discovery. We should not be so insecure as to be "threatened" by scientific discovery. We can, in certain situations, criticize their conclusions, as do young earth creationists. But if only scientists who are Christians are allowed to do the research, unfortunately not much is going to get researched and discovered.

Put it this way: if the earth was confronted with some major impending catastrophe, for example a huge asteroid on a collision course with the planet, or a horrible new flu outbreak that is threatening humanity, would we not want the best minds working on the problem, Christian or not?

By the way, why is "Big Bang" such a dirty little phrase in Christian circles?

2012/7/5 15:28Profile

The fool has said...........There is no God.

|
BT wrote:

"Same thing here; Maybe they did discover the existence of a root genome that God put into matter. In the end, they are still fools."

Should scientists be doing research of this type? Is it "morally wrong?" If not, why call them fools for doing the research? Was Madame Curie a fool? How about Isaac Newton, or Crick and Watson? TMK

The "fool" moniker, in context, had to with the scripture I posted: "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

This research, along with others engaged in Physical Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity is deeply rooted in Darwinism, or the THEORY of Evolution; thereby the references to the "Big Bang" rather than GOD SPOKE.
I believe that Scientific research is usually a good thing, and I have benefited from it much.[ 4 heart stents and I am alive!].

However, as I referred to in my post, believing in God while in this field is illegal; You will be expelled, as Ben Stein proved. The researchers must, to be received, and do believe in a satanic mindset that life, and the order of matter simply evolved out of chaos, and energized into mature life forms. They believe that the Big Bang birthed it all.

In itself, research is aspiritual, I suppose. Knowledge can be used for good, or evil, but it is God who calls them the fool, not me. "The fool has said in his heart there is no God!"..Psalm 14:1, BECAUSE they refuse His truth. .........................

How did humans (and everything else) come into existence? The only explanation you will find in public school and university textbooks is the theory of evolution. Yet, no scientific, provable evidence supporting the theory of evolution has emerged since Charles Darwin popularized it in 1859.

If there is no support for the theory of evolution, why is no alternative taught? We can only think of two reasons:

The Bible’s creation account is not “politically acceptable.”
The authors, book publishers, and school boards do not have all the facts."
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/creation.shtml

"By the way, why is "Big Bang" such a dirty little phrase in Christian circles?"TMK

It may be "a dirty little phase" in your Christian circles, but not mine. To me it is just a the name of a foolish theory devised by foolish people to deny the Word of God, and dovetails into the most foolish theory of Evolution, in which these scientists must dwell.

It is a religion, just like foolish Hinduism, Mormonism, Catholicism, or Muhammadanism. Explain God away by believing a lie; though the Priests of this religion are very imaginative Scientists that praise each other in own very special mutual admiration societies. I am not impressed.

2012/7/5 16:39

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy