SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : WARNING

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: WARNING

A revisting... again.

Why? Why this... lack... Where pray tell is the humility and brokeness, concern and consideration...

What spirit...does this ever get old? ;

Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

2005/6/4 11:45Profile

Re:

Ya know crsschk,

I read these 4 pages a few nites ago and it left me so ~ I can't think of the word right now, but all I could do, was shut off the computer and just stare. The emotions in these 4 pages stayed with me ever since.

I wanted to post something then, but couldn't, but it wouldn't leave me.

Then the 2nds day, I tried to shake it, but it was still on me.

Then now again, I had shut off the computer for the day again, and again, these pages came haunting me again. (bad choice of words, but ... it's just when something won't leave you alone).

So this time, I said, turn the computer back on and just 'try' to say what you're feeling.

I couldn't and can't quite express the pathos as I'd like, or is it angst ? but anyways ... I can only say ... that the first day I signed on, I said I "wasn't a forum type person", and it's not that I don't love fellowship and having brothers and sisters to talk to ... but I've checked out so many, and mostly watch how they are run and how the 'heads' run the ship and how they treat the members (and how members treat members too) .... but I've got to say this,

It was this Thread, that has 'poofed' me into now, a forum person. Unbelievable.

I've never seen anything quite like the posts you guys have done on this thread and subject.

But to care this much about people, to write what y'all have here and do what y'all are doing for all, with this whole website, is beyond what I could believe was possible at the time.

Sorta too good to be true ... but the sincerity came through with this one thread.

Thank you to Greg, you and Hulsey ... thank you for the Website and for the Forum and for this thread, that made a believer out of me, that there really are sincere folks out there, where I can feel 'true fellowship' is possible and where the deeper walk counts.

I hope I've relieved this haunting now and can just go to sleep and Enjoy this experience again tomorrow, of being a new forum type person. :-)

Thanks y'all !

2005/7/26 2:11
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

WARNING ~ Please consider

A revist.

This may not be completly the issue at hand but for our newer members to review just what this site is all about, what is and is not tolerated and what the emphesis of SermonIndex is all about.

It would be helpful to read the oldest comment's and replies first to get an idea of what the thrust of this site is. Let me draw attention once again to the quote from the main page:

[size=x-small][i][b]"[/b]The mission of SermonIndex is the [b]preservation[/b] and [b]propogation[/b] of classical vintage preaching and the [b]promotion[/b] of genuine biblical revival to this generation.[/i][b]"[/b][/size]

2006/3/3 10:11Profile
demarks

MS

Re: WARNING ~ Please consider

What you can expect from a message board like this is Strong Convictions. That is what this site attracts. Those that desire revival have deep convictions and are willing to express them strongly. I do believe there is never room for discourteous communications especially between Christians. I have recieve comments in biblical form to the extent that I am cursed if I don't believe the way others believe even though the other person could not give biblical reasons for their beliefs. I have endeavored to show that cursings are never appropriate but strong debate can be acceptable. I dont' think we just have to "get along" on every topic and wash out the true Gospel. The preaching on this site prove that Wesley, Tozer, Roberts, Reidhead and the others spoke the truth in love and let the chips fall where they may. Some may be offended but the Holy Spirit can use proper speech for His glory. I am willing to reevaluate my discourses to better reflect the principles of this site and readjust my speech as needed. I am willing for anyone to reprimand me when it is needed if that person can give sufficient biblical principles to back up their correction. Two principles I do know are absolutely correct:
1. There is a GOD
2. I am not HIM.

I am imperfect and still need to be taught. But I have discovered some things that may be of interest to others and may in fact change the way others think. I hope I can be useful to this site in some way. Blessings to all especially those who operate this site.

2006/3/3 12:20Profile

Re:

I'm surprised so few have replied over the course of what, like a year?

Anyways, I see the same thing, and I've pretty much retracted from posting on the SermonIndex lately. I don't even read the posts anymore. It just gets tiring seeing a forum for revival when we're not setting up local prayer meetings for all like-minded folk to come... when we're not focusing on the sacrifice that this revival takes.

I've found this site to be detracting from my walk... I've found myself replacing sermons for prayer, replacing forums for reading the word of God. That I have corrected. I have also found this site at times to be very encouraging, but I normally have found that from listening to mainly Ravenhill, Daniel, and Katz.

You know how Ravenhill said if he was the Protestant Pope he'd shut down all the churches for 3 months or so? Why?-- they lose their vision, they become gray.

Folks, if I was Greg, I'd shut down the forums for a whole month or more and put up a warning to get refocused on God. To start looking unto Jesus! The author and finisher of our Faith. We've lost our vision!

2006/3/3 13:15
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
We've lost our vision!

What is our vision? Who has lost it and how?

2006/3/3 14:02Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
You know how Ravenhill said if he was the Protestant Pope he'd shut down all the churches for 3 months or so?...I've found this site to be detracting from my walk... I've found myself replacing sermons for prayer, replacing forums for reading the word of God...Folks, if I was Greg, I'd shut down the forums for a whole month or more and put up a warning to get refocused on God.

jordanamo,

This is why we don't have a Prostestant Pope! ;-)

Seriously, I can relate to the sense of distraction you feel...and not just from this website but from all the competing Christian teaching, music, publishing, radio resources avaiblable to us these days.

However, I think it's best to remember that we are all in different places. When I am frustrated others are encouraged. On one day you may be finding distrations here but someone else is finding something they needed from the Lord that same day. You may think no one is sacrificing, but there may be members among us who indeed are bearing up under terrific adversity through the ministry of prayer and the grace of God. This is why we really can't be shutting down watering holes just because some of the horses muddy the stream from time to time.

Yet, I do recognize the good heart of your point jordanamo. The forum will be a healthy place if we practice seeking the Lord in private devotions first, before coming into public fellowship to speak.

Blessings,

MC

2006/3/3 15:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy