Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : No Direction

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

No Direction

I have been studying a bit on direction and have seen two clear paths that the Word of God lays before us. The path of the wicked and the Path of the Righteous. Both paths lead to somewhere and both paths have their rewards and consequences.

The path of the wicked is a slippery slope of pleasure and temporary fixes to long term issues. When we chose sin, we are indeed chosing the path of the wicked and must repent or get back on the right path (turn around if you will). Christ says there are two gates and two paths the Wide gate and path and the Narrow gate and path. Many will follow the path of the wide gate, it's easy and doesn't effect how we live other than the sin we deeply live in (destroying out lifes) So our reward is up front and easy to optain however the consequences far out weigh the quick and easy rewards we receive.

The other option is the Path of Righteousness and it too has consequence and reward. The narrow gate is difficult and filled with many bumps and obstacles that the enemy has so mischeviously placed along the way to draw us away from our intended path or goal. It's consequences include persecution and trails of every kind from a society that ultimately walks the wide path and hates the narrow one. Death to self, Loving your enemies, and giving up everything in this life. However the rewards are Eternal and last forever and they are the greatest of all pleasures to be in the presences of the Living God.

The direction of your life determines the destination of your life. I pulled most of these thoughts from Psalms 1 and the proverbs. Also Christ Jesus' teachings on the gates and paths.

Anyone have anything they wish to add? I would love to read your insight on direction.

God Bless,
Matthew

2012/7/4 8:49Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: No Direction

No doubt, we all know the way is narrow, but we want to straddle both the broad way and the narrow way.

Not possible. It is either one path or the other, not both.

We want the pleasures of this world and all it has to offer, yet, somehow, we hope God is ok with this, and will let us into heaven at the end of our lives.

That cannot be. It has to be one or the other.

2012/7/4 9:02Profile
BonnieJane

MS

Re: No Direction

You layed it out very clearly. Satan is always there to blur the clarity, but by God's grace and the guidance of the Holy Spirit we can chose wisely and walk the straight and narrrow.

Romans 12:1 came to mind.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
I love the phrase, reasonable service.

2012/7/4 9:28Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

As I thought about it a bit more I realized that the paths consequences and rewards were opposite. It's either enjoy the pleasures of this world now or enjoy the pleasures of eternity later.

While also we risk the consequences of persecution now they are but light affliction in comparison to the alternative. I also want to say that this doesn't mean there aren't pleasures on this earth we can enjoy now on the earth but these pleasures are within the bounds of God's word.

Satan always tried to deter us from our intended path and knows the human nature very well that he attacks and retreats with expert percision.

2012/7/4 14:43Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Mguldner
Jus' lettin' yuh know that I visited your Site and it is very nice. Your commentary there sortta' gives yuh that 'comfortable' feeling when reading. Very inviting.

==========================
by mguldner on 2012/7/4 11:43:25
==========================

2012/7/4 16:30Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks for the encouragement and feed back. I haven't posted on the site a while but definitely intend to start that up again.

It seems it's apart of the path that I am on and the ministry God has for me. I am still to some degree trying to figure out how God wants to use me but I do know I need to stay on the Narrow if my desire is to Glorify God.

2012/7/4 17:30Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'Mguldner'
Yes, it can be difficult to publish to a Site everyday. It's good that you are not anxious about things seeming to get behind on that. It's far better to compose from out your alive journey and daily experience than to publish inconsequential musings.
You wrote, "I need to stay on the Narrow if my desire is to Glorify God". This had me asking myself, "I wonder if this person is speaking about the 'Narrow PATH' or the 'Narrow GATE'?
Could you please tell me which?

2012/7/4 19:04Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Well to get onto the Narrow Path (which I view as the path of Salvation or the Christian Journey) We must first enter through the Narrow Gate which is Jesus Christ who is the Only way onto that path. :) Hope that clears it up a bit for you. Ultimately both are important and require much grace. Christ is with us through it all both entering the Gate and walking the Path. And ultimately He is the one who will be Glorified.

2012/7/5 2:19Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'Mguldner'
Thanks for the response to my previous question.
After I asked an' Logged Off, I got to thinkin', "I sure hope that person doesn't think that was some sortta' trick question 'er sumthin' like that."
Yes, indeed! "Christ is with us", as you said, "through it all; both entering the Gate walking the Path".
I'm very encouraged by your confessions of faith which I have bumped into here-an'-there in this Forum.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Keep Smiling!

=============
by mguldner on 2012/7/4 23:19:04
=============

2012/7/5 2:31Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Well I am glad you asked the question because it did bring about the point of the difference between the Gate and the Path, it is important to distinquish them to some extent. I generally don't think people are trying to throw in trick questions or at least I like to think its not their intent.

I find it interesting the amount of Christians who at one time entered through the Narrow gate but have since forsaken the rougher path. I listened to an awesome sermon on immorality that pointed out that if we could just see the destination before we got there we would often times change or to an extent be more willing to change if that destination is bad.

2012/7/5 8:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy