SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Why not Suicide?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Just for clarification since we cannot read the tone of these posts... I am not upset with you for condemning me. There is not any tone of yelling at you or anyone else because I believe in everyone’s right to their own opinion.

Quote:
JiG wrote:
The Scriptures are very clear about even self-mutalation, nonetheless "murdering anyone - including self".

Ok, maybe you can help me and reference those “very clear” Scriptures because all this will be settled with the next post and this thread can end with the truth of the Scriptures; not the scriptures that ‘elude’ to it, not the ones that say what you want them to say or what you believe they say, but the actual ones that declare people who take their own lives are going to hell.

Because my friend, it is the truth that sets people free, not hiding the truth. So let’s be honest about what the scriptures actually do say about it and what the scriptures don’t say about it. Admitting the truth is not going to cause ‘more’ people to take their own lives. If that is what you and others believe then you all are manipulating people with fear of hell instead of trusting the Lord with their souls.

Again, nowhere have raised my voice or meant any harm toward you or anyone else.
God bless,
Lisa

PS: Where is Samson in heaven or hell? Because he purposefully committed what you call self-murder by making the temple collapse with himself and his enemies in it and... God gave him back his strength to this.

2012/7/3 12:33Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "There is NOT ONE example of a New covenant "murder" or taking ones life into ones own hands by violence. Not one."==JEFFMAR

JUDAS.

2012/7/3 12:36Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I believe it to be very dangerous to suggest that suicide is forgiven (God forgave all my sins past, present and future) and can be entered into without any serious repercussions. There may be people reading this thread right now who may be contemplating suicide and because of some of the sentiments expressed on here will then believe it is alright to do so and will go do it. Since this is the case I think the mods should delete this entire thread!"==GINNYROSE

Well that's exactly what the Catholics think! That is why they don't allow a member of the church who has committed suicide to be buried in their cemetary or whatever. And when a Catholic commits suicide it is hushed up right quick!Some individual churches find ways sometimes to manipulate around that, particularly if the extended family is a high-ranking member of the church or a high-dollar contributor, but still it's the general rule. As for deleting the thread just because someone who reads it may be contemplating suicide, well that is just cowardly. As if they are suddenly going to stop thinking about it if they don't read this thread. Actually, if i were suicidal and reading this there is plenty written here that would have made me think twice already. The kneejerk reaction you have to the very mention of the topic borders on hysteria. The SERIOUSLY suicidal person thinks things out very carefully and thoughtfully before launching into it (as opposed to one who is just looking for attention or impulsive) and the posts on this thread would probably cause the person to consider things he has not been considering.

2012/7/3 12:50Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Krispy,

I was so caught up in the thread I missed your post on the first page. Thank you and I agree with your summation of the car crash, there is much wisdom in that along with this...

Your quote: “So how can we say someone who may be dealing with emotional or mental problems that to them seem beyond their control... and in a moment of distress they take their own life... and because they cant repent of that their salvation is null and void?”

I think other people passed over it as well.

God bless you and your family Krispy! Have a great summer!
Sister Lisa

2012/7/3 12:52Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: I am in a panic!

QUOTE: " IF YOU GIVE IN TO IT YOU WILL BE SEPARATED FROM GOD FOREVER!"==GINNYROSE

That is false doctrine. And again, it underlines my point:
If suicide is something that sends people straight to Hell (as the Catholics believe) then don't ya think God would have made it a point to warn against it in the Old Testament already? And if it is the Unpardonable Sin, as you clearly state without using those exact words, then salvation must be by WORKS and not by grace and not by faith in Christ's finished work on the cross. And if so, then there are probably all sorts of OTHER works that can get a person damned regardless of whether he is a Believer or not too then. If you are so worried that talking about suicide will cause someone to do it, wouldn't it be better to tell them about the LOVE and grace of God towards those who are thinking about suicide? DOES God have compassion towards someone who commits suicide? DOES God feel love, mercy, and compassion towards those who are thinking about it or planning it?? DOES HE? Cuz that is another thing i have been wondering too.........IF God CARES about them (or me when i have been that way). IF He cares, why didn't He stop them? comes to mind. And someone out there may be thinking, "If God cares about me He will stop me and if not then He don't care ." Keeping things hush hush never stopped anyone from doing the deed. They hushed things up completely when my Catholic classmate committed suicide, but that never stopped me or any of my other classmates from trying/completing it.
Hysteria is NOT a solution.

2012/7/3 13:03Profile

Re:

GOD gave Samson his strength to kill the enemies of Israel. It wasn't GOD's will for Samson to fall for Delilah's seductive scheme and yet he did. He was never meant to be a weakened prisoner and be shamed before Israel's enemies and his sin had made our GOD seem smaller in the Philistines' eyes and in chpt 16 "making sport" of Samson was to mock The GOD of Samson and Israel. GOD gave him the strength to gain back what was lost, to do what he was forordained to do - but because of his sin - he paid with his life as well. Samson had plenty of time to repent of his sin with Deliah, but he still paid with his life along with GOD's enemies.

Whenever those that claim to know the New Testament but want to excuse some specific 'sin' or sin-period - I've noticed that they'll always pull out the Old Testament --- but yet they will be the same people to say that we're not under the Old Testament anymore. This has held true more times than I can number.

Again, I feel strongly compelled to warn you and Trekker, that if people were jumping off of buildings during The Depression back in the 30's - How much more so will people be 'tempted' to escape the Tribulation or any personal problems?

THINK about 'that'.

2012/7/3 13:05

Re:

Trekker - you are being used by the enemy to put this title and your unbiblical thoughts of murder on Devotional "Thoughts".
Can you understand what you are doing here and by putting it in This section of the forum [eta] and by the TITLE that can work sublimenally as well on a person that's not Strong in The LORD?

Suicide is playing 'Russian Roullette' with someone's soul, just as All Murder is the Same and that alone should be enough for you.

Suicide is playing Russian Roullette with the soul.
It's "murder".

You cannot ever 'guarantee' that GOD forgives "murder" - whether the person dies by their own hands or are killed while killing someone else.
You cannot guarantee that GOD will let a murderer into Heaven because HE has said in the New Testament as well - no murderer will enter the Kingdom of Heaven - so you and Lisa would do wise to do and say everything within your power to talk against self-murder or murdering others, as you can.

If you even hate - you won't see the Kingdom of GOD and "hate is the root of ALL sin" and "no man hateth his own flesh" so this "hate" is against GOD, Himself.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Suicide is in this verse as well -

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

2012/7/3 13:18
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

2012/7/3 13:25Profile

Re:

Anyone that would post what you just did, TMK, will be held responsible before GOD for anyone that kills themselves because of your words.

2012/7/3 13:29
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Suicide is playing Russian Roullette with the soul.

Amen.

Why cannot people see this? Instead of finding reasons as to why it may not damn a soul, lets preach against it altogether and let people know that we do not know if suicide damns you or not.

If scripture is not clear that suicide damns you, people are better off thinking that it does damn them, then thinking that it doesn't.

2012/7/3 13:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy