SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : How long did it take for Jesus' MANY deep and mortal wounds to heal?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

How long did it take for Jesus' MANY deep and mortal wounds to heal?

THINK ABOUT IT! When Jesus was raised from the dead, he was raised with a COMPLETELY healed body in just 3 days. When I had my abdominal surgery, it took 6 weeks to heal to the point where I could lift things over 10 lbs. With all of the horrible wounds that Jesus had, the natural healing process would have taken probably 6 months. In 3 days he had a perfectly healed body that only had a few scars to show what had been done! That is how powerful He is to heal and re-make what has been wounded, damaged, cut, bruised, torn, whether they are physical wounds or mental wounds or emotional wounds, He is THE MASTER Healer, and Re-Maker!

2012/7/1 22:53Profile

Re: How long did it take for Jesus' MANY deep and mortal wounds to heal?

Amen. Good Word.

2012/7/1 23:00
Jeremy221

Healing is not the right concept when dealing with resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Remember that the Lord died in the flesh, that means that the entire body is in the process of breaking down naturally and until the time of His resurrection, there was absolutely no healing taking place until that point. Therefore, the 'healing' He received was not just restoring the wounds He had received but the restoration of life in all His members. I do want to thank you for your post and say that the glory of what God did by Spirit in raising Christ from dead is even more glorious than what you described.

I was reading Psalm 104 after being depressed about something not working as I had hoped. I had had the joy of seeing God provide miraculously over the past several days for the work He is moving me to do to rn into this. Psalm 104 talks about all the great ways the Lord works in the Earth to produce and preserve the life of not only His people but all creation. It really helped me to get my eyes back on Christ and be thankful in light of the greatness and majesty of God. The idea of seeing God as greater than anything we have yet been shown is a great hope for me. When the Word brings forth new light, I rejoice knowing it is inexhaustible. What a joy it will be to see Him!

2012/7/1 23:54Profile
Trekker

northern USA

In 3 days? It took less than that i think. As soon as God the Father spoke.

2012/7/2 2:39Profile

I didn't think that our Brother meant that Jesus went through a continual healing 'process' for three days, but maybe it could be read that way but I doubt that's what he meant.
I thought the bottomline was his main point, and two people that I know came to my mind that I felt could benefit from hearing this - of "how powerful He is to heal and re-make what has been wounded, damaged, cut, bruised, torn, whether they are physical wounds or mental wounds or emotional wounds, He is THE MASTER Healer, and Re-Maker!"

... and again I say Amen, for them to maybe see this for themselves.

LORD Bless!

2012/7/2 3:06
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

I believe that there is a mystery here that we as mortals will not be able to understand until we have had our own personal change. We say "Healing is not the right concept when dealing with resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ." but for some reason, He KEPT the scars. There is a connection of the old body in the formation of the new (as detailed in I Cor. ch. 15).

The thought that overwhelmed me in looking at what happened is that if it had been a situation of merely bringing life back into his old body, and the natural process of healing all of those mortal wounds had to happened, He would have been in bed for many months and the disciples would have had to care for Him until he would barely have been able to creep around and get back to ministry before ascending. I don't even like the thought of what Christ would have been like if he were bound by our limitations, yet so many for a lack of faith in Who He really is tend to bring Him down to our level.

The deep cuts to the flesh and muscle tissue would have taken a long time to heal. The bones that were pulled out of joint in the process of crucifixion would have taken a long time to get back in place. We are so accustomed to seeing the world through the eyes of what doctors and "professionals" can do to heal our wounds (physical, mental or emotional). May God help us to focus on The Creator and His INSTANT power to make all things new! A mustard-seed sized faith in HIM can see greater things than all of the "professionals" on earth can accomplish in 1,000 lifetimes.

The resurrected body was somehow YES "As soon as God the Father spoke." a healed version of the old body. Thomas saw the scars and believed.

OH the MAJESTY of His POWER and YES the main point is to focus on that greatness and realize that when His power is enacted in our personal situations regardless of the type of wound, the healing is perfect because God does all things perfectly.

2012/7/2 8:16Profile

"How long did it take for Jesus' MANY deep and mortal wounds to heal?"

My question to you, is how long did it take the dead Lazarus to heal, after four days in the grave, and rotting?;..enough time for Jesus to proclaim "Lazarus! Come forth!"

God is Eternal. He is the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Time is a creation of His; he winds it up, an winds it down, and it does not exist in His Presence.

For some reason, Jesus was not healed of all of His mortal wounds.

"Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

As far as we know, he walked among them for 40 more days with these open wounds, but evidently not suffering, and in another type of body; with flesh and blood, but cosmic somehow, able to transport through material at will. Maybe these wounds are sacred to the Father, and in some way identifies our Lord in Eternity as the King of Kings who willingly suffered and died that we might live?

2012/7/2 10:46

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy